• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Nowise10

Sniping in Halo 5 felt incredibly easy. I felt I rarely ever didn't get a headshot with the gun. One of the few weapons I felt needed to get tweaked.

That montage made me want to play Halo 5 again though. Enjoyed the game alot.

-Ryn

Banned
Get home with some Krispy Kreme's to see 9 Police SUV's outside my complex and some cops chillin and laughin near my building with full body armor and silenced machine guns. Wut?

I sacrificed everything important in my life to the halo gods so I could play halo again and it worked

I might be alone now but at least I have Halo
Worth it

That was really cool

Needs more #Nomotiontracker though

Get home with some Krispy Kreme's to see 9 Police SUV's outside my complex and some cops chillin and laughin near my building with full body armor and silenced machine guns. Wut?

Worth it

That was really cool

Needs more #Nomotiontracker though

Swatted? Donuts confiscated? Jesus man more story filler... :)

PNut

Banned
It's a good game, just my attention for anything sucks now.

Plus no 1-50 ranking system.

Halo mp was really only good when it was 1-50 ranks imo. Then once you got your 50 you could talk shit to the kids who couldn't get it. It was such a simpler time and why I'm happy I gave up on this franchise early/mid halo 4.

FyreWulff

Was all sorts of excited when I found out about this today. Too bad my drum set is completely shot to hell... :-/

They'll be releasing new instruments.

They've also said at this point in time, Rock Band 4 is the only Rock Band that will come out for One/PS4. They're planning on releasing RB4 and sustaining it for "five to seven years" and patching features onto it as they go. They don't want to do yearly releases. ie if enough people want keyboard to come back, or real guitar to come back, they will just patch those into RB4 instead of releasing a new game entirely

-Ryn

Banned
Halo 5 BTB will be glorious

Please

image.php

Aussie BTB run is going smooth tonight, party flux of 5-8 and game after game being sweet to us. CE bloodgulch 2 flag the highlight then H2 headlong slayer now H2A Gungoose CTF.

Good times.

EDIT: back to back overkills in Gungoose, fucking LOL.
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/8a97e491-e8ef-4393-ac44-f6a1d43ac2f9

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/ddede89c-15d5-4e83-9373-ec3d9b91cba2

EDIT2: H3 longshore 8v8 party chat teams, arm the bomb and win 2-0.

EDIT3: dammit H3 BTB Valhalla 2 flag and it dropped out when loading...vaderNo.gif

Halo objective addiction in full swing again.

RowdyReverb

Aussie BTB run is going smooth tonight, party flux of 5-8 and game after game being sweet to us. CE bloodgulch 2 flag the highlight then H2 headlong slayer now H2A Gungoose CTF.

Good times.

EDIT: back to back overkills in Gungoose, fucking LOL.
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/8a97e491-e8ef-4393-ac44-f6a1d43ac2f9

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/ddede89c-15d5-4e83-9373-ec3d9b91cba2

EDIT2: H3 longshore 8v8 party chat teams, arm the bomb and win 2-0.

EDIT3: dammit H3 BTB Valhalla 2 flag and it dropped out when loading...vaderNo.gif

Halo objective addiction in full swing again.
I really, really wish there was an all games team objective playlist (except gungoose CTF. That is fun the first time, and then it isn't). BTB sort of satisfies this, but sometimes you want to play CTF or Oddball on the smaller 4v4 maps.

AlStrong

No clue. Been a long time since I played Halo PC, and I don't own it.

Ah k. I might be able to dig up the disc somewhere later tonight.

Actually... maybe it's an issue of using register combiners on NV2A then porting to broader devices.

They've also said at this point in time, Rock Band 4 is the only Rock Band that will come out for One/PS4. They're planning on releasing RB4 and sustaining it for "five to seven years" and patching features onto it as they go. They don't want to do yearly releases. ie if enough people want keyboard to come back, or real guitar to come back, they will just patch those into RB4 instead of releasing a new game entirely

mm... that'd be kinda great. I never really used the keytar much (not a whole lot of songs that I liked to listen to that had keys support.)

I just want new GH guitars! I'm down to my spare GH5 one, and if/when that breaks... I doubt I'll ever bother with RB guitar and thus the new game. (I have the beatles bass & RB2 guitar lying around unused).

Mdot

After playing some matches last night: ton of lag and black screens in Halo 2 Classic and Halo 4 maps. Never had that happen before prior to the latest update. In the Halo 4 match, for example, I was sitting at black screen while hearing everything going on in the match. My party mate was unaffected and he said I was the only one in red bar in the match. Still seems so shotty and hit or miss, performance-wise.

But hey, I can get into these shitty matches quicker!

Tawpgun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji8nsa1S8DE

Seriously the best Halo 5 montage I've seen and one of the better montages I've ever seen in general.

Makes me miss H5 so badly.

That snipe when he jumps off the head of the teammate doing the groundpound charge :O

And holy shit I never thought to use a grenade jump to get a ground pound. Dunno when you would ever want to do that but its an awesome flair move to have in your playbook

VinFTW

Yeah the grenade jump to ground pound and the ground pound hover on the teamates head for the snipe was just fucking unreal.

Damn dudes. I had a fairly good experience on Wednesday but last night...it was worse than pre-patch.
I invited my sister over saying "Come over they finally got matchmaking working!"

First THREE matches, the match failed to start. Straight to game over. On the final one, it crashed the whole game. And it crashed so hard I couldnt even relaunch until I restarted the box.

Fourth match, the game finally started! But two minutes into it...it said that every single player had quit and it game overed. All 13 of them. Wut?

Tried Rumble Pit....searching....searching....searching....
Restarted the search, tried again. Searching....

Gave up on that playlist, went to BTB. Finally got a game.

Tried Rumble again. Got a game.

God damn. This is post-patch. Wednesday was great but Thursday was a nightmare. I restarted my box multiple times during this and it didnt help.

Wood-tier competition or no, I seriously can't comprehend how these pro players snipe like they've got an aimbot, even while unscoped... just unreal.

Practice makes perfect. And a lot of trial and error. Not every clip in here is an everyday game. I played Kampy in a Halo 5 game and I had about 30 kills he had 35. I saw him jumping around the map and just trying stuff like you saw in the video all game.

Yep.

Sprint is awful as usual. The map design suffers because of it, and Halo gameplay just works much better without it. And ADS? God, I hate that filth. If it was completely cosmetic and there was an option to use classic scopes I could accept it, but nope, apparently that's too much work for 343 (a circle in the middle of the screen is too hard, obviously)

But hey, gotta chase that modern shooter crowd, right?

I have no problem with anyone not liking sprint or any other newer addition but man I'm getting sick of how it's clearly on for the "modern shooter crowd." I only play Halo and a few other games these days, no other shooters though. And I've definitely never been a COD fan. But some how if I like Sprint it's gotta be because I need it from the other games I've never played. Obviously were so casual. I've played the shit outta the Halo series, and I've loved the addition of sprint since Reach, hell I thought 3 was gonna have it based on some of the trailers.

Just because someone likes their Spartan to not move like Halo 3 or jump like a snail like Reach doesn't mean their a casual Halo fan. I just want to be able to have bursts of speed when needed, I enjoy it.

I'm starting to think this site is the 11% vocal minority. All the players I've asked while actually playing like Sprint and certain armor abilities, and their actually playing this game with me, not posting about how they sold it back and have given up on the franchise.

Sorry for the rant I just get sick of the casual comments just because some of us actually like Sprint. ADS? I could care less about but I enjoy my sprint.

RSB

Banned
You can like sprint for whatever reason. Doesn't change the fact that it was introduced (back in Reach) to follow the trend, just like every other console shooter. And now it's the same with ADS in Halo 5.

http://youtu.be/CrTtgx5gIjg

Might have already been posted, but this montage is even more insane than the Halo 5 one.
Amazing. Love the stalactite jumps.

And? Who cares if it follows a trend?
There's nothing necessarily wrong with following trends. But since its inclusion is detrimental to the game, then it's awful.

If they followed trends that were positive to the game, I would not complain, in fact, I would applaud them. See for example 60fps. COD has been doing 60fps since COD4, and even if I dislike those games, I've always admired that of that franchise. That's a good trend, and I'm very happy they are following it with MCC and Halo 5.

You can like sprint for whatever reason. Doesn't change the fact that it was introduced (back in Reach) to follow the trend, just like every other console shooter. And now it's the same with ADS in Halo 5.

Amazing. Love the stalactite jumps.

And? Who cares if it follows a trend? Well obviously you guys, but I've enjoyed it's addition since it was added and although it may have been in other shooters not everyone who likes it enjoys it for that reason. Some of us genuinely like it, not because we play call of duty or battlefield but because we like Sprint in our Halo. Again raise the base speed similar to UT and I'd be fine with it going away as long as thrust remains. But the last thing I want to do is play as Spartan who creeps along the map.

Taking it away just limits my movement options and that's one thing Halo 5 seems to do right, add more options on where I can go.

Top Bottom