• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfare

You just need to get good at predicting the ping to the server and then to the other player and lead your shots from there. Also make sure to compensate mid-burst so the spread evens out.

Make sure to take into account the Coriolis Effect and you're A OK

"Why would I want my bullets to land where I'm aiming?"

Only on Halogaf

There is something called balance. Bullets not hitting me from Haven to Construct is something i prefer.
That hitscan shit across the map is annoying. And produces a lot of trade kills.

Play SWAT on H4 or H2A and you will have a LOT of trade kills.
Play H3 SWAT and someone with faster reaction times and aiming will win and wont produce a trade kill. (excluding Melee)

But back to ignoring you :)

There is something called balance. Bullets not hitting me from Haven to Construct is something i prefer.
That hitscan shit across the map is annoying. And produces a lot of trade kills.

Play H3 SWAT and someone with faster reaction times and aiming will win and wont produce a trade kill. (excluding Melee)

Yeah, until your dog starts eating your router mid-firefight.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Making every Halo weapon projectile-based would be worse than anything Infinity ever did.

Keep human weapons hitscan, covenant weapons projectile.

m23

Well, Halo is what basically drove Xbox Live into prominence... What else would you expect in buying a Halo game?

Wait what? Yeah, Halo drove xbl but the features in the Halo games made it big. Split screen play, firefight, theater mode, etc all while offline. Halo Reach was a huge value when it came to features. So yeah, we kind of expect features that were in last gen games to make it in future games. Can't believe you even asked what else would you expect in buying a Halo game lol.

daedalius

But back to ignoring you :)

ohhhh ok

such points

very good

wow

Quinn from the GI interview over Fathom:
“We took the starting load out seriously,” DelHoyo says. “We didn’t want people to start out with something lame so they couldn’t defend themselves, but we didn’t want them to be super powerful either. The assault rifle and magnum have been especially scrutinized.

The Halo arsenal has been broken into three tiers. Common weapons like the magnum, assault rifle, and the battle rifle spawn in fairly specific spots across the map, and a fresh weapon will respawn only 20 seconds after a player picks one up. “We didn’t like old classic Halo, where you would spawn with an SMG – and the old SMG wasn’t very good – so you’d have to go on a scavenger hunt for maybe 30 seconds to find another weapon before you could fight anyone,” DelHoyo says. Guardians' new weapon-spawning system seems to help mitigate some of these classic problems.
Yet we still have AR/SMG starts in TMCC lol..

heytred

Neo Member
I both love and hate H3.

It has by far the worst weapon sandbox out of all the Halos. The weapons are really bad.

However there's something about it which is just fun.

I agree with you. Certain aspects of the game really bother me (BR spread and maps for example), but I can't help but love the game. Sniping feels the most rewarding out of any Halo title and the experience just reminds me of a good time in life.

Zoolader

What a stupid thing to cut. Yikes.

Ya it really ruins the primary way I've played and enjoyed Halo for nearly 15 years. No more playing with family, no more lan parties with friends which has been a weekend tradition since Halo 1. I'm going to have a hard time now justifying buying an xbox one for Halo 5's release.

-Ryn

Banned
Come to think of it... what is even the benefit of tying 60FPS so close to everything in the game? If anything wouldn't that cause trouble for the game? Unless you can gauruntee the game will be locked at 60 FPS it sounds like that could really mess with things.

They can't please everyone.

Many people me included will take the performance upgrade over split screen
You can have both. Downgrade things in splitescreen a bit so that the game can stay at 60FPS. I'd rather take the a bit of a hit to prettiness than nothing at all.

What a stupid thing to cut. Yikes.
It bites. I'd trade better graphics for split screen any day.

FWIW splitscreen is still in for multiplayer.

As before, I wish it weren't so, but for me it's not really a huge issue, even as I have enjoyed it as a feature before. I can live with it.

Madness

As before, I wish it weren't so, but for me it's not really a huge issue, even as I have enjoyed it as a feature before. I can live with it.

Except it isn't. Split screen isn't happening for campaign or multi-player. It's only 1 player locally it seems.

Impala26

I thought the recent tweets that came out have people assuming there's no local split-screen in H5 ENTIRELY though. That's why people are being so vocal today.

Right?

EDIT: Beaten by Madness

"Beaten by Madness" sounds like an awesome band name, or at least an album

Wat? I was under the impression the MP still had split-screen?

That was what I understood from the last round of teeth-gnashing about split-screen. Losing it in MP would impact me more, which'd be a pain for me!

Impala26

Wat? I was under the impression the MP still had split-screen?

That was what I understood from the last round of teeth-gnashing about split-screen. Losing it in MP would impact me more, which'd be a pain for me!

Please_zpsda5f9262.png

What tweets were suggesting otherwise? I just looked back through Twitter for where I got my ideas from, but couldn't find it. I was sure Josh said MP still had it. Might be wrong.

Eh, I'm a loner who only plays MP online, but it is a shame if so.

m23

What tweets were suggesting otherwise? I just looked back through Twitter for where I got my ideas from, but couldn't find it. I was sure Josh said MP still had it. Might be wrong.

He said it during the beta, but things change I guess.

Madness

Look at the thread on gaming side, or go back a few pages here. Game is now 1 player only, with 2-24 players available to play through Xbox Live. Meaning no more split screen campaign or multi-player.

They can't please everyone.

Many people me included will take the performance upgrade over split screen

whycantwehaveboth.gif

Poor engine design is the only explanation. Cut the feature too early to even care to try and bring it in. Split screen is not impossible. Amazing that OG Xbox level hardware can somehow manage 4player split. Such technical prowess.

whycantwehaveboth.gif

Poor engine design is the only explanation. Cut the feature too early to even care to try and bring it in. Split screen is not impossible. Amazing that OG Xbox level hardware can somehow manage 4player split. Such technical prowess.
Hey we got WarZone so its okay. Right?

So we don't get Btb at launch which is a halo staple, and now splitscreen is left on the cutting room floor.

It's sad when your friend asks you why you're giving 343 your money and your only reply is "because it's halo"

And then he lists the very things that are posted here and the only thing you can manage to say is "but....Halo"

I need help, you need help, we all need help.

Cuz Quinn was talking about H5 not MCC in that article.
Go on.

Don't you think it's a little hypocritical to hold those views, but have a product that is still plagued with AR/SMG starts? 10+ years of poor experiences with terrible loadouts and The Henery still has to play AR starts on Sandtrap, but who cares about TMCC anymore.. right?

Welfare

Go on.

Don't you think it's a little hypocritical to hold those views, but have a product that is still plagued with AR/SMG starts? 10+ years of poor experiences with terrible loadouts and The Henery still has to play AR starts on Sandtrap, but who cares about TMCC anymore.. right?

That was the point of my post lol

VinFTW

I don't see why they cant work for post launch firefight using the Warzone maps/AI scripts as well as a low res split-screen coop for campaign/MP.

Come on, these are staple, classic features and the more I think about it the more I'm pissed off.

I seriously believe the ONLY thing people will be able to do is play Campaign if they don't have internet/XBL.

Welfare

I don't see why they cant work for post launch firefight using the Warzone maps/AI scripts as well as a low res split-screen coop for campaign/MP.

Come on, these are staple, classic features and the more I think about it the more I'm pissed off.

I seriously believe the ONLY thing people will be able to do is play Campaign if they don't have internet/XBL.

Let's look at the sections Halo 5 will launch with.

Campaign
Multiplayer
Forge
Theater
Custom Games

So fucking barebones it's a travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom