• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leyasu

Banned
Do you honestly believe I remember or care about every result somebody might have pulled off? Your performance in Halo 5 is irrelevant to me, even if you went positive. When people state opinions as facts and they are terrible at the game they are talking shit about, then it's a different story.

Either way, I'm done arguing with people over this. Talk shit all you want.

I dont give two fucks if you remembered or cared. You managed to remember a -15 yet not the other. You are most likely recounting tales from your arse for whatever reason. I would say because of what I posted earlier... But I would not consider someone to be that pathetic.

Anyway, I better run along and get gud so my opinion can become valid.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/29/8846825/halo-5-multiplayer-warzone-future-esports-e3

Pretty good interview with Kevin Franklin (Multi designer at 343i). Design decisions behind Warzone and Arena, wanting to remove randomness from Arena (like DMR bloom spread, grenades getting shot out of the air), etc.

And not sure if this has been posted but official statement by 343 and MS about split-screen and LAN:

"A Microsoft spokesperson confirmed to Ars Technica that Halo 5: Guardians will not support any form of split-screen multiplayer, nor will the game natively support LAN play. "The decision [to remove all split-screen modes] was an extremely difficult one for the team, but one that was necessary to deliver the biggest Halo game to date," the representative wrote in a statement. "343’s focus is to ensure that fans get the best Halo experience yet, and the team felt a split-screen experience would compromise the gameplay design and the visual bar they’ve set."

The representative pointed out that Halo: MCC was not built with LAN support, as well, but we have found that LAN connectivity can be used in that game so long as all connected Xbox One consoles are also connected to Xbox Live via Wi-Fi."

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...ent-point-to-end-of-series-local-multiplayer/

Sounds good. This game is going to be bonkers as heck. Stoked.

Complex CTF just got voted for over Rats nest CTF though, it wasn't even close. BTB really is full of H4 kids.

That's the complete opposite of my experience in BTB. Halo 3 wins the vote in that list about 70% of the time I'm there. And no, that's not me with a party of 7 all voting for it. H3 is so overwhelmingly favoured in that list that almost every H2A vote that's managed to beat it out has been immediately followed by numerous dash quits in the last few weeks.

That's something I'd really appreciate from 343 actually: a bulletin full of voting stats and interesting player trends from the MCC. But I doubt we'll see that. It's so obvious that 343 never really wanted to have to bother with a collection of games mostly not made by them. H5 is their labour of love and MCC stuff is relegated to to a blog post from Bravo. That Quinn interview describing the issue with SMG/AR starts is breathtaking when viewed through the prism of MCC's playlist 'management'.

jem0208

That's the complete opposite of my experience in BTB. Halo 3 wins the vote in that list about 70% of the time I'm there. And no, that's not me with a party of 7 all voting for it. H3 is so overwhelmingly favoured in that list that almost every H2A vote that's managed to beat it out has been immediately followed by numerous dash quits in the last few weeks.

That's something I'd really appreciate from 343 actually: a bulletin full of voting stats and interesting player trends from the MCC. But I doubt we'll see that. It's so obvious that 343 never really wanted to have to bother with a collection of games mostly not made by them. H5 is their labour of love and MCC stuff is relegated to to a blog post from Bravo. That Quinn interview describing the issue with SMG/AR starts is breathtaking when viewed through the prism of MCC's playlist 'management'.

Oh really? I've just noticed a few people mention plating H4 a lot in BTB.

Complex won by about 9 votes though. I was quite surprised actually.

That was still pretty sick. Well done.

Cheers, at first I thought it was a killtrocity, so I'm actually kinda disappointed :p

"A Microsoft spokesperson confirmed to Ars Technica that Halo 5: Guardians will not support any form of split-screen multiplayer, nor will the game natively support LAN play."

GeN2W70.jpg

Don't expect a straight answer from 343.
Never do. Hell, look at how long and how much we bitch because they don't reveal things like flag juggling is coming back. A simple mechanic reveal, its like clawing at steel.

If they want competitive halo or Warzone to succeed, there needs to be some form of transparency.

They didn't lie....

I distinctly remember them saying the final build would have 2-player co-op. I get it, designing games is hard and at some point you need to ax stuff, but not being able to play Halo with friends at home, not even on LAN, is just a major fucking bummer. It's a huge loss.

Until this ars technical article it was widely believed that there would some form of splitscreen.

And if asked they wouldn't give a straight answer. Transparency isn't hard.

Things change in development. That's nothing new. A game build from Dec 2014 is going to be largely different than a final build in Oct 2015.

tootsi666

I can already see 343i running HCS on online servers and claiming it's fine because everyone is at the same location so they should have the same ping.

halo-5-interview-screen-5.0.jpg

Anyone else think this looks kinda rough, graphically.

You should watch that in motion... it looks reaaally rough and very lowres. I took this screenshot from the Warzone HQ Footage:

This big open Maps looks very unimpressive.

In the Campaign Demo i thought that Guardian was coming out of Sand because of this bad looking particle effects lol But it is water.

And the Explosions are just straight out of Halo 4.

The game maybe will be very fun. But its very disappointing graphicly. It sometimes just looks like a tiny bit better Halo 4.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
But hey we got Warzone. And free maps. That makes everything better.

Not launching with a classic staple gametype, no splitscreen at all. No LAN play, no campaign theater, it goes on and on.
Yeah, the list of missing features has officially grown too large. The lack of Firefight is especially disappointing.

Welfare

Also we still don't know a majority of the gametypes that'll be in the game.

Team Slayer
Warzone
CTF
Strongholds
FFA (assuming, who knows)

BTB being an after launch gametype doesn't give much hope that other gametypes won't get the same treatment.

jem0208

I mean, I'll get over it and still enjoy playing what's there but, I can be disappointed and voice my opinion.

They should know fans are upset. Something to think about in the future.

Oh well.
Oh I completely agree. Not saying you shouldn't be salty.

Lack of split screen fucking sucks.

Vico

That's disappointing. Especially because we were told it would be in multiplayer.

Honestly, since it's being talked about right now, the game doesn't even look that much better than Halo 4 graphically or technically, and yet we are on an entirely new console, so I'm still wondering where all the power is being used (not that I know anything about game development, mind you). Is it the framerate? Because, if so - and I know that's not a popular opinion - I'd have prefered the game to be 30FPS if it meant keeping traditional features in.

Fotos

Some of the shots we we're given look worse than Halo 4. Some look better.

So much things about Halo 5 scare me.

I seriously said there was a problem with the graphics and the detail in everything and I got called out for being a dumbass. You can see the sacrifices they made in halo 4 to achieve a higher resolution and you can see the same in Halo 5 with the frame rate. From playing every game in the mcc you can easily realize how much more crisp and better made the environments and objects are in halo 3 compared to 4. From the detail on just every object up close, explosions being small af in 4, when something explodes not as many pieces come out, no detail in objects from far away, no footprints in sand/snow. The list goes on and on. I loved the little small details and environments in halo 3 because they seemed so well made. It's the complete opposite in 4 and it seems to be carrying into 5.

So the devs witheld information instead of straight answers. Go figure.

They didn't lie....

Until this ars technical article it was widely believed that there would some form of splitscreen.

And if asked they wouldn't give a straight answer. Transparency isn't hard.

I pick and choose what to bitch about pretty carefully. I let a lot of things slide because realistically half the shit GAF bitches about is irrelevant, and maybe that's why JC thinks I'm jem or some shit... BUT not having splitscreen AT ALL is a legitimate reason to be upset.

The quality of the game IS suffering.

Hopefully we don't learn about anything else being absent or "missing launch".

This is just a bad, dishonest studio. All they have tried to do is change the franchise by throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Karl2177

Lets hope It's okay for me to self promote as I just uploaded a new video for "Every Easter Egg in Halo: The Master Chief Collection"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjWk2V-fhag

You'll probably see a couple things you didn't know
This is pretty cool.

So the devs witheld information instead of straight answers. Go figure.

Or maybe, just maybe, this was a recent development. Stuff changes a lot in game dev and at the time of Josh's tweet until now, they thought that the lighting system(for example) could function using x amount of RAM. The lighting system went through some changes and now it has a bigger footprint that causes performance to drop during split-screen. It sucks, yes, but it's one of the side effects that we have to deal with.

Or maybe, just maybe, this was a recent development. Stuff changes a lot in game dev and at the time of Josh's tweet until now, they thought that the lighting system(for example) could function using x amount of RAM. The lighting system went through some changes and now it has a bigger footprint that causes performance to drop during split-screen. It sucks, yes, but it's one of the side effects that we have to deal with.
Just like they have to deal with the side effect of that change, of that development decision and how it can affect the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom