• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

189318_393341587403730_2031997260_n.jpg

Is your body ready, GAF?

I wonder if it will have subs or at least english subs.

3am? Are you kidding me? I have a 3 hr shift every Friday night which ends at 9pm my time. 4am PT.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
3am? Are you kidding me? I have a 3 hr shift every Friday night which ends at 9pm my time. 4am PT.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Can't you just watch it later...? It'll be on Youtube, I'm pretty sure.

feel

Ramirez

Watched the entire thing, dat nostalgia! Game is kinda bad but the lead up to it was so fucking awesome. Bungie guys were hilarious in these.

I got about 30 seconds in before I realized how disappointing the game was and I didn't want to be reminded of it anymore. :p

It's no sunset snow theme, amirite?

You can't deny that would have been awesome, but in all honesty I just am not a huge fan of of the more dirt less foliage look. Its not awful by any means, at worst its just very simple and I'm just being dramatic.

My wariness for FUD is real however.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Bring on the lack of color and actors staring into the camera!

But seriously, Im excited and seeing Frankie and David both have good things to say so far Ill put my skepticism aside for now.

Eh, but none of those scream HUGE at all. They all seem fairly big, but nothing crazy. Maybe the huge map got pushed to DLC and a smaller DLC map got rotated into the launch lineup?

Content, not judgement.

Ep 1. OK, this is interesting. These characters are real people. What is Sully looking at. ....uh-oh.
Ep 2.. Yeah, that is going to escalate. You guys better figure shit out.
Ep 3. Shit just got real.
Ep 4. MOVE!
Ep 5.
BtTXo.gif

I Really hope that Mission 1 of Halo 4 Legendary starts out with Cortana yelling just like in E3 2011 reveal trailer: "Wake up, John!" "I Need You!" "CHIEF!".

Sort of how CE Legendary passed the diagnostics and little dialogue of PoA Cryogenics Crew than straight to immediate escape towards the Bridge where Captain Keyes and Cortana awaits, but Halo 4 Legendary being similar in that sense of emergency with added epicness ontop.

I'm pretty sure everyone who's over 30 uses the 100ppp. Coincidence?
Not I!
Complex's skybox....

That's some Standoff-tier right there.
I wish it was a Standoff remake. Something about that map gets me aroused every time. Just a straight face off map, some cover in the middle, and not so great a distance that you can't get to the middle quickly. I just don't get excited when I hear "large vehicular map." At least Meltdown looks to have been designed with some thought for people running around on foot. I like the added levels for people to have the ability to do some sneaking around. And no banshees!!!
Do something cool, do something stupid, but you'll love your tag.
Or hate it, lol. Perhaps someday I can have mine removed or changed. It's sort of ironic that I own a 3DS XL now and have like 8 games for it.

Pop

Content, not judgement.

Ep 1. OK, this is interesting. These characters are real people. What is Sully looking at. ....uh-oh.
Ep 4. MOVE!
Ep 5.
BtTXo.gif

Sounds good. How many more hours?

neoism

Content, not judgement.

Ep 4. MOVE!
Ep 5.
so is this on the LE not sure about watching tomorrow or not well probably just wait a few weeks and watch 2 or 3 eps or just wait it out...... Frankie is there going to be an update for Reach before 4...??

Ramirez

Why do you think that?

It's a lot bigger and obviously has more tunnels to avoid vehicles. I would also assume flanking it would be much easier on Meltdown due to the narrow figure 8 pathways. I just see these things sitting in the fields on each base side on Valhalla and making most games a stalemate for infantry, I could be wrong though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's a lot bigger and obviously has more tunnels to avoid vehicles. I would also assume flanking it would be much easier on Meltdown due to the narrow figure 8 pathways. I just see these things sitting in the fields on each base side on Valhalla and making most games a stalemate for infantry, I could be wrong though.
I was in the middle of replying to Tashi with almost the exact same response, heh. I definitely agree.

Agreed. I think someone mentioned that the Mantis range is not very great, though, so the sitting on opposite ends of the field may not be that big of an issue.

Ramirez

Agreed. I think someone mentioned that the Mantis range is not very great, though, so the sitting on opposite ends of the field may not be that big of an issue.

I mean they will be guarding the bases, so in a game of objective, it would be near impossible to get near the flag for example. It's a big reason I'm hoping they're just in slayer & not CTF.

senador

Banned
I mean they will be guarding the bases, so in a game of objective, it would be near impossible to get near the flag for example. It's a big reason I'm hoping they're just in slayer & not CTF.

A lot of that depends on if they do or do not have the same respawn timer as Asylum's snipers.

How much will reading the books add to this live action series? Anything.

I plan on reading all the books before launch of the new game.

Gray Man

Banned
Halo 4 feels barren in the vehicle department. I would still like to see a new air vehicle and a new land vehicle. One of these things should be forerunner.

I’m sure people will be able to take it out from range. I just do not see the mantis being as overpowered as some people think it is going to be. I can see how a good team would be able to defend their flag relatively easy against a poor team. However on maps like Ragnarok I’m sure there will be an adequate amount of heavy weapons which will be able to take the mantis out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I think we'll see people in the Mantis move depending on the teams position. The more map control, the more free the mantis will be. With all these rifles in the game, that thing could take some serious teamshot if the person driving it isn't careful. Valhalla is more open and because of that the Mantis will move more freely. I feel like it would be too scary for a Mantis on Meltdown. People would play too timid. The map is too large, players will be too spread out and won't be in as good a teamshot position as they would be on Valhalla.

I hope to find out more next week.

I think we'll see people in the Mantis move depending on the teams position. The more map control, the more free the mantis will be. With all these rifles in the game, that thing could take some serious teamshot if the person driving it isn't careful. Valhalla is more open and because of that the Mantis will move more freely. I feel like it would be too scary for a Mantis on Meltdown. People would play too timid. The map is too large, players will be too spread out and won't be in as good a teamshot position as they would be on Valhalla.

I hope to find out more next week.
On the other hand, you have much more cover and paths to flank it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
On the other hand, you have much more cover and paths to flank it.

That's what will lead to the timid behavior for the Mantis driver. You get flanked from a cave, boarded, grenaded and bam that's it. I haven't played the game yet so I'm partially talking out of my ass. I do think though as time goes on people will learn the limitations of the Mantis. Best way to survive and be effective with it vs best way to take it down.

Remember everyone team shooting the Banshee with SMGs in Halo 2? It's gonna be like that. "Mantis by Pelican came out too far, everyone shoot it!" Bam

/bullshit

Top Bottom