• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Ken

This is a post about Forge.

I rarely use Forge but as long as people can recreate that Indiana Jones escape from the deathball map thing, and bad Forge maps can stay out of MM I will be happy.

IHaveIce

Banned
certain affinity blows. stick those guys back on cod map packs and have Rare or some other microsoft studio do forge. at least rare knows what colors are.
Yeah.. Rare is definately known for quality things in since they are with microsoft..

After tonight's bulletin, there's only 3 left til launch. :D

Do we really get a bulletin tonight? I thought because of the maintenance on waypoint we would have to wait longer

a great developer that was acquired by Microsoft, and now just makes kinect games.

they made games like goldeneye, banjo kazooie, conkers bad fur day, perfect dark, killer instinct, blast corps and more. microsoft fucked them pretty bad

Do we only drink if Fyrewulf mentions PD or anytime its mentioned?

blamite

Yeah.. Rare is definately known for quality things in since they are with microsoft..
A BK: Nuts & Bolts style editor would be nice. Not in the basic Lego type construction, but being able to make custom buildings out of existing forge pieces and move them around as one unit would be useful.
Do we really get a bulletin tonight? I thought because of the maintenance on waypoint we would have to wait longer

Site's back up, so I'd hope so...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I have such mixed feelings when I think about the upcoming Waypoint redesign(s). On one hand, I'm almost as excited for it as I am for news on launch playlists and group functionality. On the other hand, the Waypoint track record is terrible, and I'm hugely skeptical of how the redesign will be handled. Frankie has said it won't all be rolled out at once, so I'm trying to keep my short term expectations in check. But still, I'm not expecting it to be as good as B.net was by the time Halo 4 comes out. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Waypoint is no longer through xbox.com

Nice.
Wait, what?? Haha, that makes me a lot more hopeful!

a great developer that was acquired by Microsoft, and now just makes kinect games.

they made games like goldeneye, banjo kazooie, conkers bad fur day, perfect dark, killer instinct, blast corps and more. microsoft fucked them pretty bad

Rare who?

<3
- but seriously, M$'s handling of Rare is an absolute disgrace. Hopefully the dude who branched out and spoke about Rare's handling will make a great new game in spirit of Banjo Kazooie :]

banjo kazooie nuts and bolts is one of the best xbox 360 games.

BK N&B was one of my favorites. The platforming parts in Showdown Town were too much fun and that wasn't even the focus of the game lol

IHaveIce

Banned
A BK: Nuts & Bolts style editor would be nice. Not in the basic Lego type construction, but being able to make custom buildings out of existing forge pieces and move them around as one unit would be useful.

Site's back up, so I'd hope so...

Yeah you are right this kind of feature would be amazing, don't know why it wasn't included. To mirror or just dublicate a whole built base would be amazing.

Oh yes it is back and is its own URL ? damn YES

banjo kazooie nuts and bolts is one of the best xbox 360 games. viva pinata wapes too.
Don't know I would have liked Banjo Kazooe nuts and bolts better if it wasn't Banjo and Kazooie lol. I was kind of disappointed what they did with the franchise.

Never liked Viva Pinata. But a forge in colors like Viva Pinata would be funny.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Viva Pinate rapes. It rapes. Is that a synonym for cool now? Holy shit.

wwm0nkey

So apparently the flood open up their mouths when lunging at people

Flood+Mouth+Open.jpg

Havok

Wow, Waypoint is loading in record time. That's a great first step. Hopes for the rest of the upgrades just increased.

kylej

Banned
kittens please grow a pair and stop the faux-outrage over video game internet posts. I want to scoop you up in a burlap sack and stick you in a random NYC borough just to see you whither up into the fetal position as people curse and yell all around you

senador

Banned
God dammit, I hope there's not a damn leak. I'll have to go all dark and miss out on fun things in here if so. Leakers fucking suck.

Waypoint is sooo much better so far! Looks like they are using Microsoft's new auth stuff and it seems to be much better. Its all way faster and all the links I've clicked have worked so far! Looks like they killed a bajillion redirects in the process. That alone probably sped it up exponentially. Way to go 343 web devs!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Well actually, yes.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rapes

It's used all the time in fighting game communities for the most mundane things.

I get why people are offended by its usage (I am as well, but it doesn't really bother me here for some reason. I don't use it though). But like you've pointed out, it's basically slang at this point. Not that it should be at all, but hey, what are you gonna do. Clearly, no one here means harm when they say it.
Hey guys, I'm gonna post three different Waypoint links. Let's see if they work.

HALO 4: FORWARD UNTO DAWN&#8212;PART 1

My service record.

Forum Thread - Remove the blue thruster trail from Flood !! (lol)

My god...it worked.

It went from utter trash to a mediocre website.

God dammit, I hope there's not a damn leak. I'll have to go all dark and miss out on fun things in here if so. Leakers fucking suck.

Waypoint is sooo much better so far! Looks like they are using Microsoft's new auth stuff and it seems to be much better. Its all way faster and all the links I've clicked have worked so far! Looks like they killed a bajillion redirects in the process. That alone probably sped it up exponentially. Way to go 343 web devs!
Yeah I noticed the new MS auth stuff is used. Very nice.
Hey guys, I'm gonna post three different Waypoint links. Let's see if they work.

HALO 4: FORWARD UNTO DAWN&#8212;PART 1

My service record.

Forum Thread - Remove the blue thruster trail from Flood !! (lol)

Damn. Those all worked. 1998 achieved.

Now we just need 343 to do serious work on the actual layout design of the site.

Top Bottom