• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Havok

I don't want to alarm you guys, but linking directly to matches on Waypoint works now without having to manually insert your gamertag.

senador

Banned
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The real test is Ghaleon. If the links work for him, we can call today a success.

IHaveIce

Banned
Tells alot when we are surprised that the website to one of the biggest gaming franchises works properly, you would assume this is a given.

But nice so far, tried a few thing and everything worked.
Still not happy with Silverlight though, it is almost as bad as the IGN&Gamespot player for me.

willow ve

I don't want to alarm you guys, but linking directly to matches on Waypoint works now without having to manually insert your gamertag.

If this was a simple minor update... what the fuck is the November overhaul? This is already so much better.

Sooo i'm trying to watch that debate
andddd there's no box on the dashboard to watch it

GG Microsoft

Last week's debate? Do they have it for restreaming? The VP debate is tomorrow...

gafdrinks.jpg

Better than the facebook version. ;)

No drinking here tonight HEY no drinking here tonight

Walshy must love the idea of H2XBLA. Do we know for sure if Reach falls? Because I'm playing the campaign right now. Waypoint is dumb because it's not part of the main Xbox site anymore. Guess that's the third strike for them right? Who invented that rule, Tashi? EazyB was a way better poster. I can't wait to build Warthog Derby in Space. That is, after I'm done playing Imagine: Babyz. You know that old Remember Reach ad that came out that looked like a life insurance ad? I loved it, we should see more like that with visceral emotional impact! I bet zoojoo liked it too. How do we even know Halo 4 has a story when Frankie says gravitas? It's probably another clue about mexican food, that's not a real word I don't think. These guys are some real genuises. Mechs with 3-shot DMRs on Valhalla and Jetpack.

Sooo i'm trying to watch that debate
andddd there's no box on the dashboard to watch it

GG Microsoft
The vp debate is tomorrow.
You guys on OSX by any chance?

I've never had an issue with the stability of Silverlight itself.

Obviously rich media should always be presented with HTML5 though.

I'm on OSX now. I had trouble with it on Windows 7 as well.

The real test for me will be how many times I have to refresh the bulletin to actually read it.

Trasher

Damn you all with Wu avatars. Then when he actually posts I get confused because I'm staring at his face in an avatar a post or two above!

Vire

Halo Waypoint is free!

Free at last.

Wow, runs so much better without the xbox.com junk. You've made me a very happy man.

Now if they could only get rid of Silverlight.

senador

Banned
Dani is just pushing viral marketing for Minecraft.

The real test is Ghaleon. If the links work for him, we can call today a success.

Ha!

You guys on OSX by any chance?

I've never had an issue with the stability of Silverlight itself.

Obviously rich media should always be presented with HTML5 though.

I'm on OSX and don't have trouble with Silverlight. I don't love it, but many times I prefer it over Flash. It can be more stable and use far less memory, depending.

I used to be all about HTML5 video but after using it on YouTube, I'm not sure I'm a fan now. YouTube's implementation is sloooow and buggy for me. For some reason I have to constantly remove myself from the beta for it too. :/

Vire

Ha!

I'm on OSX and don't have trouble with Silverlight. I don't love it, but many times I prefer it over Flash. It can be more stable and use far less memory, depending.

I used to be all about HTML5 video but after using it on YouTube, I'm not sure I'm a fan now. YouTube's implementation is sloooow and buggy for me. For some reason I have to constantly remove myself from the beta for it too. :/

Which version of OSX?

I'm running Mountain Lion and it refuses to work.

I'm actually planning to shave the beard again after we ship. Not permanently of course.

Noooooooooooooo

Oh hey! I just remembered it's Wednesday. Bulletin surprises?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Yeah I was just curious if OSX people were commonly reporting issues.

YouTube's implementation is fucking awful, I'm pretty sure it's just their implementation being bad though.

senador

Banned
Which version of OSX?

I'm running Mountain Lion and it refuses to work.

Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I haven't had any issue with SL since it first came out.

Yeah I was just curious if OSX people were commonly reporting issues.

YouTube's implementation is fucking awful, I'm pretty sure it's just their implementation being bad though.

Probably right, its always worked just fine on my iPad and iPhone, just not my computer. I find that disappointing. The quality and memory savings from HTML5 video can be so good. Dammit YouTube!

IHaveIce

Banned
LOL, not quite.

If someone could actually decipher it (which I'm sure is impossible) I'd happily buy them a copy of Halo 4.

Did you not heed Wu's warning on sleeps?

A conservative estimate would put it around two or three. Normal people? Maybe five?

I just checked if these are some kind of forerunner characters lol.

Hm I never sleep, so I'm good

edit : also U4ix doing some Halo3 streaming http://de.twitch.tv/u4ixxx

Karl2177

Hell's Janitor medal is still messed up on Waypoint.

I am pleased with the performance changes though. Next step is the usability. :)

Top Bottom