• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

feel

From what I can tell H3 and Reach mods aren't even at the level of the most basic Halo 2 mods.

My personal favorite was H2CE it made Halo 2 play a bit more like Halo 1.
If that's the one that also changed the FOV, I remember playing it on a LAN, pretty awesome.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Later on in life Tashi will write the next great American novel, about a man haunted by his failure to clinch an exterm during a crucial CTF game. The semi-autobiographical nature of the story and gutwrenching depictions of competitive blaining earn accolades.

Worth it?

Who knows - we're all drunk by this point.

I wish. Liquor stores are closed right now. Was hoping to get at least a little fucked up tonight.

I thought you were making the joke. I was just highlighting it. I don't know what's real anymore.

All is real and unreal.

Oozer3993

Yeah, I have seen it in a few online vids..I can't recall if any were direct feed. Im just saying, it was posted like 12 hours ago, was something we all saw and semi possible to fake. If it were real I feel like the guy would be posting stuff to prove it left and right. But Im glad it isn't, despite wanting to hear more details about MP, etc. I know its impossible, but I would love if this game does not leak ahead of time.

343 needs to get in touch with Taylor Swift and her people. None of her albums have leaked ahead of their release. She apparently has a powerful wizard on staff.

Fuchsdh

I wish. Liquor stores are closed right now. Was hoping to get at least a little fucked up tonight.

I assume you don't live in VA or MD, though? MD's laws vary by the county, but in Virginia the only place to get liquor is through state stores, which are usually closed by 9. If you get to a city-based store five minutes before closing the parking lot is akin to the fall of Saigon.

Also, they don't sell Everclear, which is really annoying because I use it for cooking all the time. Have to cross the river to get any.

Tashi

I assume you don't live in VA or MD, though? MD's laws vary by the county, but in Virginia the only place to get liquor is through state stores, which are usually closed by 9. If you get to a city-based store five minutes before closing the parking lot is akin to the fall of Saigon.

Also, they don't sell Everclear, which is really annoying because I use it for cooking all the time. Have to cross the river to get any.

Nah I'm in NYC right now

willow ve

And I thought our no liquor sold on Sunday was a lame blue law (or are you just saying the stores are closed because it's late?).

In other news this is what a liquor shelf/cabinet/pantry/fridge/etc. is for - emergencies. EDIT - or flask for travel.

Tashi

And I thought our no liquor sold on Sunday was a lame blue law (or are you just saying the stores are closed because it's late?).

In other news this is what a liquor shelf/cabinet/pantry/fridge/etc. is for - emergencies. EDIT - or flask for travel.

Well we went to a Duane Reade in hopes of at least finding some Jack. Only beer. Damn, I gotta wake up super early but I'm so down to chill and drink right now

Anyone know if the Halo 4 grenade mechanics or game engine physics will bring back warthog launching?

I'm guessing no due to possible exploits but I know I'm not the only one that wants to see this return.

Ramirez

Hitmonchan tweeted the Halo Community Tournament write up he did.

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/HCT/

Brought back some sweet nostalgic memories. We gotta have another one of these to usher in Halo 4.

I remember when this happened in game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1qnk4aObjIk

Can't believe they pulled that off. Bunch of cheeky guys at High Speed Halo. AR Starts on Wayont... lol.

2nd half of that video just showcases everything that is bad about Reach, lol. *BOOM BOOM BOOM*

We totally had that team on Boardwalk if my internet hadn't of kept crapping out...

Speaking of that tourney, I never redeemed my Torchlight prize for the 360, anyone want it? lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
All the Elites after boarding T&R on Legendary is fucking bananas.
I'm playing this mission now thanks to this post, heh. Going for the 'don't lost any health' achievement on CEA.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to do any of the achievements in co-op just send me an invite!
Sure! Just know that I have a very low tolerance for network lag in campaign, haha.

Also, if I lose health but restart at the last checkpoint, can I still get the achievement? Anyone know?

Booties

Banned
I'm playing this mission now thanks to this post, heh. Going for the 'don't lost any health' achievement on CEA.
That is literally the worst part of the game. It's like instead of making a good ai they just threw way too much shit in a room with you and a bunch of idiots in The middle next to explosives. Oh. And they're invisible. Give me something real! This universe is too mundane for my contemporary lifestyle.

Fuchsdh

Sure! Just know that I have a very low tolerance for network lag in campaign, haha.

Also, if I lose health but restart at the last checkpoint, can I still get the achievement? Anyone know?

Um, you can also just play splitscreen and play the level with your dummy account. Usually the spawn system won't make your account appear in bad locations.

It wasn't that hard. I was bored one night and ended up beating the entire campaign by myself on legendary. The part before you get on the ship where all the enemies are just lifted down i think is way harder.

Am I the only one who doesn't think CE deserves its reputation as the most punishing game? From my playstyle the only issue I regularly have is trying to avoid melees. It *looks* like you've dodged but those Elites tend to connect anyhow.

It might also be that I've probably played that campaign the most that the harder sections are rote.

Fotos

That is literally the worst part of the game. It's like instead of making a good ai they just threw way too much shit in a room with you and a bunch of idiots in The middle next to explosives. Oh. And they're invisible. Give me something real! This universe is too mundane for my contemporary lifestyle.

It wasn't that hard. I was bored one night and ended up beating the entire campaign by myself on legendary. The part before you get on the ship where all the enemies are just lifted down i think is way harder.

Remember when this was the Halo 4 DMR?

Halo%2B4%2Bdmr.jpg

Glad to see the little guy make a return for the final version :]

People talking about CEA depresses me...
I LOVED CEA when I got it, the combat just seemed so much more intense than any other Halo game.
Then the disc got this giant ring cut into it in the disc drive and I can't play it anymore.

Tunavi

Banned

Fotos

People talking about CEA depresses me...
I LOVED CEA when I got it, the combat just seemed so much more intense than any other Halo game.
Then the disc got this giant ring cut into it in the disc drive and I can't play it anymore.

That happened to me with a different game... Just borrow the disc from a friend, install it, and it should read the broken one and you will be able to play it.

That happened to me with a different game... Just borrow the disc from a friend, install it, and it should read the broken one and you will be able to play it.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with CEA. Certainly no one here at SC.

I'm assuming everyone here saw the new video on Waypoint?

Tashi

Some Spanish language forum Gabo linked to.

Tashi is taking trophies of his "victims". Poor Domino.

Lol hes awake now

I've heard that WAY too many times over the last week.

Bar.

Nah I'm alone in the Apt right now. I had to wait for my cousin to give him something so everyone got picked up my Mig. Don't know what theyre doin but I'm fuckin jealous. I wont allow this to happen again while I'm here. The block we're on is littered with Bars.

senador

Banned
Lol hes awake now

Nah I'm alone in the Apt right now. I had to wait for my cousin to give him something so everyone got picked up my Mig. Don't know what theyre doin but I'm fuckin jealous. I wont allow this to happen again while I'm here. The block we're on is littered with Bars.

They are probably playing Halo 4. Wow you are really missing out man.

heckfu

Banned
Looks like Ragnarok will be playable and that the panel on Saturday will showcase Meltdown.

And oh god, the screenshot in the Bulletin showcases one of their pre-made loadouts before you unlock new weapons and slots...and guess what it shows? AR start!

Edit 2: default armor is the Recruit armor

Oh wow, the challenge system looks pretty legit this time around too. All simultaneous using campaign, war games, and spartan ops.

Tawpgun

So am I getting this right?

There is NO across the board visible skill ranking system in Halo 4.

And there is NO news of an Arena or Ranked like playlist.

*sigh*

Top Bottom