• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

GhaleonEB

Not earning XP in campaign sucks.

But I don't care.

spanish people, steal me a copy of halo 4 now gracias

I don't think that's strictly true.

To rank up, you need to earn XP. You earn XP by:

• Playing War Games (earn more for winning and high personal score)
• Playing Spartan Ops (earn more for higher difficulties)
• Completing each level of a Commendation
• Completing Challenges
• Using Forge

Challenges are divided into four categories:
• Campaign
- 2 Weekly Challenges

My hope is that the Campaign ones are pretty meaty.

I have some questions/comments on the investment stuff. But I'm going to read through it again, stew on it. Might post something tonight, otherwise, in the morning.

SlimeyHands

Neo Member
Is America/Canada the only region with double xp crap? I haven't been paying much attention to it. Would suck if merkins get an advantage like that exclusively.

In Aus, I got one of those "Purple Plasma" varieties of V (energy drink), it didn't mention anything on DoubleXP :/
But it did give me a chance to win a Halo console every hour or some crap, eh I'm not lucky.

I'm not sure if the other 'varieties' had doublexp, didn't look hard enough

Ramirez

Could someone in the US buy some Dews & give the codes to their overseas friends? I'll buy you a pack of Dew Dani, and drink it in your honor.

Soda totally gives me kidney troubles now, so I don't drink much of it, but man, Mt. Dew is amazing. Haters gonna hate.

Also, if they were going to go the CoD route, I wish they would have implemented some type of "prestige". I know they have the specs, but not really the same thing.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
My only hope is that the 50 ranks don't slow as much as Reach did.

Honestly, it's a real bummer watching your credits go up by thousands and your progression bar go absolutely nowhere.

Maybe (and hopefully) they'll go the COD route, where end game credits are increased as your rank goes up

ex;
Level 1 endgame bonus : 500 creds
Level 49 endgame bonus: 5,000 or more.

Could someone in the US buy some Dews & give the codes to their overseas friends? I'll buy you a pack of Dew Dani, and drink it in your honor.
I will indeed be doing this.

heckfu

Banned

Soda totally gives me kidney troubles now, so I don't drink much of it, but man, Mt. Dew is amazing. Haters gonna hate.

Also, if they were going to go the CoD route, I wish they would have implemented some type of "prestige". I know they have the specs, but not really the same thing.

Kidney stones are my number one fear in life which is closely followed by air bags and drowning.

So if I ever have a kidney stone and drive off a cliff into the ocean I'll hit the worst trifecta ever.

At this point even if there is a ranking system you know its not going to be good.

PS that whole bulleting read like an advertisement for American obesity.

To rank up and have more guns in your game buy doritors and mountain dew!

Welcome to carls JR Fuck you

Since it's a matter of grinding XP for largely cosmetic unlocks it doesn't really bother me, but that Double XP for buying caffeinated soft drinks and MSG-flavoured chips is something else.

At this point even if there is a ranking system you know its not going to be good.
Call of Duty has Starcraft-esque Leagues now, so hopefully they'll be successful and 343 will copypaste them into Halo 5.

Since it's a matter of grinding XP for largely cosmetic unlocks it doesn't really bother me, but that Double XP for buying caffeinated soft drinks and MSG-flavoured chips is something else.

Well no not really, you have to unlock all the weapons, grenades, AA's, and armor mods to be able to use then in your loadouts.

Well no not really, you have to unlock all the weapons, grenades, AA's, and armor mods to be able to use then in your loadouts.
Didn't they just say that -- except for the prestige levels -- everything that impact gameplay is unlocked by SR-26? I imagine it will take most people here a few weeks to hit that, at most, Mountain Dew or no. Pretty sure BR and DMR unlock after you've played, like, two games.

Pop

PS that whole bulleting read like an advertisement for American obesity.

To rank up and have more guns in your game buy doritors and mountain dew!

Welcome to carls JR Fuck you

Can't blame them for people going out and buying products to get double xp. Blame the consumers and their lack of willpower. I for one will be buying Mt Dew and Doritos in bulk. So good

Edit: And about the ranking system, let's be fair here we haven't seen anything on it. Like H2 or H3 then were set.
Butts H3 has ah broke ranking systum
I didn't have much trouble with it, had fair clean matches.

feel

For some reason images didn't load for me, why did she spend an entire Halo update explaining Black Ops II's online multiplayer systems?

All the stuff is available halfway (SR 26) through for purchase. You can't get everything til 50. I assume most of the gameplay stuff is available the first half though and thats the stuff you'll buy first.

Share Gabo, please share. :)
Just a small vid tease he was kind enough to pm me (basically the intro credits sequence), nothing spoilery as for now but it basically confirms he has indeed an ilegal copy of H4.

He says there's more to come, will post vid once I get back from the gym in about 1-2 hours.

You guys will probably be the first ones to see it ;)

Yuck. I have to go through the first 50 levels before getting to use one of my LE specializations?

Important questions:
- How long does it take to get to 50?
- How long until 343 decides to unlock specializations for regular edition buyers?

If it's a short amount of time it makes it really tough to justify buying the LE :\ I'm still waffling on whether I should keep my preorder for it or not.

feel

Just a small vid tease he was kind enough to pm me (basically the intro credits sequence), nothing spoilery as for now but it basically confirms he has indeed an ilegal copy of H4.

He says there's more to come, will post vid once I get back from the gym in about 1-2 hours.

Wtf post it now!

And how do you know it's an illegal copy?

All the stuff is available halfway (SR 26) through for purchase. You can't get everything til 50. I assume most of the gameplay stuff is available the first half though and thats the stuff you'll buy first.
If older footage is to be believed, you don't 'buy' the gameplay stuff, it just unlocks on the post-game screen as you rank up. You get BR and DMR and two other things at SR-2, if I recall rightly.

How long until 343 decides to unlock specializations for regular edition buyers?
Don't worry, I am sure this will be handled transparently and efficiently as the level cap was in Halo Reach...

blamite

Just keep any campaign stuff to the spoiler thread plz.

Pop

Niceee

Get that man to show us Theater, Rank info or that last MP map we haven't seen it. Just no campaign or Spartan ops spoilers, Gab plzz

Gray Man

Banned

Be the bigger man.

Don't spoil it bro.

Didn't they just say that -- except for the prestige levels -- everything that impact gameplay is unlocked by SR-26? I imagine it will take most people here a few weeks to hit that, at most, Mountain Dew or no. Pretty sure BR and DMR unlock after you've played, like, two games.

Okay yeah just making sure you understood that, the wording in your post made it sound different to me.

You unlock everything at 26, but you can't afford to purchase everything until you hit 50, so you'll have to choose what you want.

Yes, you unlock the BR and DMR at SR-2 (unless they've changed that), and you need 750 XP for SR-2. Should be pretty quick.

Kidney stones are my number one fear in life which is closely followed by air bags and drowning.

So if I ever have a kidney stone and drive off a cliff into the ocean I'll hit the worst trifecta ever.
My worst trifecta is: tsunami, shark attack, and tornado.

This personal loadout stuff isn't going to be in all of the playlists. I'll play other playlists until I get a loadout that won't make me sad. The changes to the challenge system look good. As for skill-based ranking: my bet is we hear something right before or during the MLG event.

I don't know why they're being so stingy with the helmets. Just turn them into TF2 hats already, and give them away for everything and anything. Then let people swap them. The world is crying out for a good helmet-swapping simulator.

Top Bottom