• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

IHaveIce

Banned
Haha that would be fantastic. Frankie how good are you at Halo 4? Also favorite new weapon?

He is really good, in fact he is a 50-O, the O stands for Onyx.

It is indeed the new ranking system there are the arena divisions and in every division 50 ranks.

YOu have to play 4 matches to get in a division. To get again acces to these 4 matches for a new division you have to be rank 35+ in your current division.
If you reach rank 50 in your division you will level up automatically in the next division.

The 4 matches for division are a risk because you can also lose your division or some significant number of rank levels.

And Frankie is the boss in it.

Risen

We will also get a new or refreshed president that day, and I will miss the whole thing because I will be on a plane for 12 hours. I hope the captain keeps us informed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am getting reports from ground control that we do in fact, have a good matchmaking experience and CTF is fun."

12 hours? Wherefore art thou going... on release day no less? The vacay begins?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I know at this point it's to be expected, but it's always the people who suck the most at making the game look good that manage to get their stinky hands on it.

I don't even mean skill wise, they suck at that too, who cares. Slow down and look at shit. Something awesome happens in front of him and the guy looks down at his feet and tries to jump through a solid window for like 5 minutes. Fucks sake.

feel

i think he means the pop-in when you respawn or start a new match (like gears 3). no pop-in during gameplay.
You can see the grass and some other object details popping in right in front of the players as they move around the maps in the videos. But maybe that's in the previous Halo games too and you just don't notice while you're playing.

We will also get a new or refreshed president that day, and I will miss the whole thing because I will be on a plane for 12 hours. I hope the captain keeps us informed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am getting reports from ground control that we do in fact, have a good matchmaking experience and CTF is fun."
"Matchmaking's broken, where's 343i?"

*Frankie shifts around nervously on his seat*

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have an international work trip the week after Halo 4, and then I'll be at home (parents') for Thanksgiving. I have the 6th off for Halo, but may take the 7th since I have extra vacation to use.

As a side note, any HaloGaf presence in Baar, Switzerland?

Gui_PT

I'm sorry guys about the images.

No

get-out-gif.gif

Booties

Banned
Somebody in the Something Awful Halo 4 megathread that works at 343 is really upset that the legendary ending was leaked. That sucks. I'm glad I haven't seen anything spoiling the campaign because I actually do like playing it fresh.

Booties

Banned
He is really good, in fact he is a 50-O, the O stands for Onyx.

It is indeed the new ranking system there are the arena divisions and in every division 50 ranks.

YOu have to play 4 matches to get in a division. To get again acces to these 4 matches for a new division you have to be rank 35+ in your current division.
If you reach rank 50 in your division you will level up automatically in the next division.

The 4 matches for division are a risk because you can also lose your division or some significant number of rank levels.

And Frankie is the boss in it.

What's that now?

TheOddOne

Somebody in the Something Awful Halo 4 megathread that works at 343 is really upset that the legendary ending was leaked. That sucks. I'm glad I haven't seen anything spoiling the campaign because I actually do like playing it fresh.
I feel really bad for 343, reminds me of the Mass Effect 3 leak.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
"Matchmaking's broken, where's 343i?"

*Frankie shifts around nervously on his seat*

Then they crash on a deserted island and when the other passengers find out he worked on Halo 4, they steal his glasses so they can create fire, then when he tries to reclaim them they kill him with a boulder.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Oh man, the actual Legendary ending is out already? Damn. Reminding myself to stay clear of any kind of comments section or non-HaloGaf Halo forum.

feel

Come the fuck on, the fucking Main Menu is not a fucking spoiler, jesus christ.
You can't be the judge of that for other people. 343i has not released direct feed pics of it because it's the sort of minor thing that a lot of fans like seeing for the first time when they boot the game.

That being said I took a peek and damn it's beautiful.

Exactly. We've known the name of the mission displayed there for ages.

i actually don't know any of the mission names *shrugs*

well maybe one or two

I've been annoyed when my room mates open my games and play them when they get delivered to the house. That's a much less minor part than "feeling" the title screen for the first time. It's dumb, but I get the hub-bub and you just gotta respect it.

Nothing like the feeling of putting the game in the disc tray and getting dat feeling.

Booties

Banned
Exactly. We've known the name of the mission displayed there for ages.

I've been annoyed when my room mates open my games and play them when they get delivered to the house. That's a much less minor part than "feeling" the title screen for the first time. It's dumb, but I get the hub-bub and you just gotta respect it.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
was that piggy or simon?

Piggy. Not that i'm saying Frankie looks like a pig. Though he does have very pink skin. White. Pinkish white. I mean, his skin. His skin is like a pig. Because it's pink. People assume that pigs are bad but I love them. I like them.

That being said I took a peek and damn it's beautiful.

Does it top Reach's space debris' silent floating?

willow ve

Piggy. Not that i'm saying Frankie looks like a pig. Though he does have very pink skin. White. Pinkish white. I mean, his skin. His skin is like a pig. Because it's pink. People assume that pigs are bad but I love them. I like them.

Does it top Reach's space debris' silent floating?

Um. Bacon.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

I think you missed the lord of the flies reference.

Also, please don't.

Petrichor

Do we know if there are any vehicles in multiplayer other than:

Mantis
Scorpion
Mongoose
Warthog (+ variants)

Ghost
Banshee
Wraith

Pretty disappointing if not; give me a flying vehicle over the mantis any day.

As worried as I am about some of the MP decisions made with Halo 4 I really do just need it in my veins right now! I have been going into Reach BTB by myself for christs sake.

Seeing those screens makes me feel really excited about getting Halo 4. I've been skeptical about a lot of 4's changes (I have been reassured a lot lately), but mostly, I'm just going to be glad to have a new Halo game. For the past 10 years, Halo has been a part of my life and really symbolizes Autumn and good times with friends. I'm glad to have more of that coming soon.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Three sleeps until Fincher/Miller TV spot.

Also, Mexico City is rad. Although giant failure at dinner last night where we asked to go to a cook Mexican restaurant and the concierge sent us to a fancy French place because its brand includes the term "French food in Mexico." We were too tired to go elsewhere.

Top Bottom