• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

rofl - I want to personally apologize for the quality of that video. (The original was sent to me, as a 2GB 320x240 raw file, back in 2002. I crunched it down to a 20mb file for general release. Whoever uploaded that in 2009 took that crunched-down version and uploaded it to YouTube, who crunched it some more.)

I wish I had the raw file still - I'd do such a better job with it now...
Haha the quality actually adds to the experience and makes it a bit funnier; not to mention it dates it.

Fuchsdh

Do we have any intel on who the storm faction are?
Are they affiliated with the servants of abiding truth (i.e. religious zealots)?
Or are they just the covie version of the insurrectionists?
Yep.
Anti Arbitrr forces led by Jul Mdama searching for the Didact to destroy humanity.

So less religious than pragmatic (from a leadership standpoint.)

Still unknown
whether the Servants of Truth join the storm faction or not. They've got three years plus from Thursday War to Halo 4.

At first you're like "these menus are completely terrible."

Then you're like, hey, there's some pretty cool ideas here.

Then it completely falls apart.

So glad I didn't waste money on it.

I feel kind of sorry for Danger Close (not EA), but the quality presented in that 'beta' is down right shoddy.

It has done more harm then good.

Defect

Off topic but LolPeta

68b4cbe2b4c4aa57a19f270a247a8d39.jpg

Sorry for the huge picture.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So yesterday I was at the event Overdoziz was at for Halo 4, and as he said, you didn't get to play if you weren't VIP, which was stupid because the organizers of the event never said such a thing on their website.

It's too bad that I didn't see the VIP line which was actually on the other side of the setup until we were leaving, because there were only a handful of people in that line, and I would have just gone in line and said that the website didn't say anything about needing to be VIP. I would have been pissed if I wasn't already sold on the game and didn't need any convincing. Got the goods that they gave out too.

The one game I watched was played by a good player at the very least, and hearing the sound from the game was incredible, to hear the changes from the sound ranges from the past Halos was really something else. I played Black Ops 2, and while the sound there was the best the series had as well, Halo 4 trumped that handily, especially the BR (sounding like a real burst rifle), the rocket launcher's launch and impact, and the Ghost. Incredible.

Really cannot wait now.

"Some random bald guy that walked in off the street."

The sunglasses. Sai's DDR. I can't wait for next year!

There was a noticeable lack of Steelyuhas though. :(
I assume that you guys filmed that last long section on Sunday, which would explain my absence.
isn't 343 having cartographers work on maps before launch so we have some remakes/forge maps ready to go on day one? id be surprised if we don't get a day one small halo 2 arena map.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

lol that's amazing

Random shit: It appears the mouse wheel on the my mouse broke. How is that even possible?

Louis Wu

There was a noticeable lack of Steelyuhas though. :(
There was a noticeable lack of Wu, too. :(

(I show up in a corner of the screen for a few seconds during the panel footage. Other than that, though, Duncan pretty much turned off his camera whenever I came near. Sadface.)

Now I remember where (spoiler just in case)
the name Pious Inquisitor comes from. Heretic!

Just a cool little connection in The Thursday War.

Overdoziz

Banned
So yesterday I was at the event Overdoziz was at for Halo 4, and as he said, you didn't get to play if you weren't VIP, which was stupid because the organizers of the event never said such a thing on their website.

It's too bad that I didn't see the VIP line which was actually on the other side of the setup until we were leaving, because there were only a handful of people in that line, and I would have just gone in line and said that the website didn't say anything about needing to be VIP. I would have been pissed if I wasn't already sold on the game and didn't need any convincing. Got the goods that they gave out too.

The one game I watched was played by a good player at the very least, and hearing the sound from the game was incredible, to hear the changes from the sound ranges from the past Halos was really something else. I played Black Ops 2, and while the sound there was the best the series had as well, Halo 4 trumped that handily, especially the BR (sounding like a real burst rifle), the rocket launcher's launch and impact, and the Ghost. Incredible.

Really cannot wait now.
Don't let the short line deceive you, only once every 12 minutes would 4 people from the VIP line get into the booth. Never going to that shitty event again.

There was a noticeable lack of Wu, too. :(

(I show up in a corner of the screen for a few seconds during the panel footage. Other than that, though, Duncan pretty much turned off his camera whenever I came near. Sadface.)

Yeah, that's my fault. I should have recorded video at the HaloGAF breakfast, but I was too busy enjoying the conversation (and eating) to stick a camera in everyone's faces.

There are plenty of photos with you, Steely, and Cyclone. I just threw together the video I had - I still want to write up a few anecdotes from PAX and I'll include a slideshow in that.

I get a little better at documenting these things with each successive convention. Fingers crossed for NYCC.

Right there with you. I even have photo proof that he was pointing a camera right at me! :p

That particular shot was unusually noisy and shaky - I had a better shot of the panel crowd and went with that one. Had I realized it was your only spot in the video I would have kept it in. Sorry! :(

Louis Wu

Yeah, that's my fault. I should have recorded video at the HaloGAF breakfast, but I was too busy enjoying the conversation (and eating) to stick a camera in everyone's faces.

There are plenty of photos with you, Steely, and Cyclone. I just threw together the video I had - I still want to write up a few anecdotes from PAX and I'll include a slideshow in that.

I get a little better at documenting these things with each successive convention. Fingers crossed for NYCC.
Oh, crap, you answered that way too seriously - I apologize. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was blaming you for REAL...

(I'm pretty sure my vampire blood gets in the way of full-on footage anyway.)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
That particular shot was unusually noisy and shaky - I had a better shot of the panel crowd and went with that one. Had I realized it was your only spot in the video I would have kept it in. Sorry! :(

I'm kidding. :p

You did a great job of being the only one who thought to video record, and got some good footage.

Oh, crap, you answered that way too seriously - I apologize. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was blaming you for REAL...

Heh, no worries. I just frustrate myself when I get home from PAX and go through my recordings. "Wow, this is boring and shaky. Really wish I had been recording when [awesome thing] happened."

My two video clips of you are:
- Us standing around before the Halo 4 panel, right when things got awkward with the line situation.
- A distance shot of you talking to Jessica - right as two Spartans walk in front of my camera and give my autofocus a fit.

I've come to the conclusion that pictures of a convention/event tend to come out better than video. Unfortunately, at PAX I was only taking pictures with my crappy cellphone camera. There are still certain situations where video is better, but I'll have both my new DSLR and my camcorder at NYCC so I'll be prepared for anything.

Sai-kun

Banned
How does the activation process work? Is it just time-based from when you register an account or is there an approval period when new accounts are allowed?

There's an approval period which can be...anytime admins want, haha.

edit: damn the top 5 on Halo4Remix just jumped way up in terms of votes. :< Need moar.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Heh, no worries. I just frustrate myself when I get home from PAX and go through my recordings. "Wow, this is boring and shaky. Really wish I had been recording when [awesome thing] happened."

My two video clips of you are:
- Us standing around before the Halo 4 panel, right when things got awkward with the line situation.
- A distance shot of you talking to Jessica - right as two Spartans walk in front of my camera and give my autofocus a fit.

I've come to the conclusion that pictures of a convention/event tend to come out better than video. Unfortunately, at PAX I was only taking pictures with my crappy cellphone camera. There are still certain situations where video is better, but I'll have both my new DSLR and my camcorder at NYCC so I'll be prepared for anything.

Prepared for everything except for the fun we're going to have! Lolz

Yeah totally joking as well Duncan.

The people want Steely in their HaloGAF thread? Well here is the back of my luscious head of hair:
IMG_5143.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
Gotdamn.

Do you win if you're in the top 5?

I think in the end fan favorite only plays a small part in the actual judging, but it's a decent % towards your chances of winning.

where can you vote?

Vote for my remix here: Awakening (Technicolors Remix)

Vote for Jellycrackers' remix here (Just hit "Favorite"): [url=http://soundcloud.com/steven-mcdonald/beyond-galaxy]Beyond Galaxy (To Galaxy Remix)

Make a thread in OT to get some more votes.

I hope a couple more HaloGAFfers put up some remixes, otherwise I'd feel weird making the thread when it's just Jellycrackers' remix and my own :lol I'll think about this. I would like more votes, I just don't wanna be TOO obvious about how much I'm showing this song off :p

edit: steely does have nice hair confirmed

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah totally joking as well Duncan.

The people want Steely in their HaloGAF thread? Well here is the back of my luscious head of hair:
IMG_5143.jpg

What you are seeing in this picture (besides Steely) is first person Cyclone.

EDIT:
Sai, you remixers have some new heavy competition:

Everett Gresham @EverettGresham 5m
Debate over. Official word from legal: I can enter the Halo 4 remix contest.

Dude makes some awesome remixes. He's a testing lead at MS and an electronic music dude.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yep.
Anti Arbitrr forces led by Jul Mdama searching for the Didact to destroy humanity.

So less religious than pragmatic (from a leadership standpoint.)

Still unknown
whether the Servants of Truth join the storm faction or not. They've got three years plus from Thursday War to Halo 4.
Ooh, awesome. These are the type of spoilers that I don't mind. I'm half way through Glasslands, and this just makes me more excited. It also makes some pretty major spoilers that I accidentally read make more sense now...

Top Bottom