• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

PAX East registration is open? Not sure if I can manage it next year. PAX Prime has priority.

Btw. I am thinking I am too generous.
ih7is5mRxU1lg.png

Fuchsdh

PAX East registration is open? Not sure if I can manage it next year. PAX Prime has priority.

Btw. I am thinking I am too generous.
How do you get that much stuff to the US? If I were a customs official I'd be convinced all the chocolate was a Drug smuggling method, lol

How do you get that much stuff to the US? If I were a customs official I'd be convinced all the chocolate was a Drug smuggling method, lol
The American is used to know that we Germans have to pay reparation. But seriously I never had any problems. A reason could be that I am filling out the duty control accurately.

Haven't been religiously reading the thread, so someone may have already posted about this, but the DewXP.com site is now up, and you can create an account. Still doesn't specify exactly what a MEGA XP match is, but it does detail how you can get them:

DewXP said:
MEGA XP Codes can be found on specially-marked regular and Diet Mtn Dew® 24-packs and specially-marked 11.5 oz. bags of DORITOS® NACHO CHEESE and DORITOS® COOL RANCH® flavored Tortilla Chips, and 10.5 oz. bags of DORITOS® JACKED™ Hot Wings flavored Tortilla Chips found exclusively at participating Walmart Stores, while supplies last."

Haven't been religiously reading the thread, so someone may have already posted about this, but the DewXP.com site is now up, and you can create an account. Still doesn't specify exactly what a MEGA XP match is, but it does detail how you can get them:

I signed up the other week. I had to use my facebook to log in because the captcha was impossible to read.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm extremely curious what Halo 4's online population numbers are going to look like when Black Ops 2 launches.

nillapuddin

What we need is Theater news and its Render to Youtube Silverlight feature

fasstearer_zpsf5721b48.gif

Nilla's got this.

o shit, now I gotta do Lockout to

NOPE!

...its such a shit storm in Reach

Every single day the group was flooded with Lockouts, and any time we gave one a recommendation over another we got shit for weeks

Its gunna be the same during 4 also, everyonneeeee is gunna make one
and you better fucking believe that theirs is _______

"the best" "most like the original" "it has the jumps!" "fuck you, youll play"

I signed up the other week. I had to use my facebook to log in because the captcha was impossible to read.
Really? I've been checking it periodically, and it still just had that same teaser image all of last week saying to come back on October 1st, which I thought was odd seeing as we were nearly a week past October 1st when I checked it over the weekend. Well, either way, it works now, and it looks like you can also get XP matches by USPS if you don't feel like buying soda and chips.

I was checking on my iPad, maybe it's loading the mobile site without me noticing.

senador

Banned
Really? I've been checking it periodically, and it still just had that same teaser image all of last week saying to come back on October 1st, which I thought was odd seeing as we were nearly a week past October 1st when I checked it over the weekend. Well, either way, it works now, and it looks like you can also get XP matches by USPS if you don't feel like buying soda and chips.

I was checking on my iPad, maybe it's loading the mobile site without me noticing.

USPS? Explain.

Noricart

Why is Jorge on the back of a warthog?

When did Jorge become a grunt? Or is that how Grunts are made?
P.S why does it have an afro?
When he was orbiting Csodaszarvas, Jorge was hit with space radiation that increased his mass three fold. Except his fingers - they remained the same size.
Ok.

I know we already lost, but I want to know by how much.
You're in my light, commander.
Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds.

heckfu

Banned
Went ahead and got a 3 day PAX East badge just in case we all decide to go. Ebaying a ticket a month before Prime wasn't my most financially sound decision I've ever made.

United States Postal Service

USPS? Explain.
Yeah, a "no purchase necessary clause" entitles you to one free code by sending a letter to Pepsi.

Yeah it worked on the first for me. Tell me if you can manage to read the captcha because I could not.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not going to PAX East, but I'm definitely going to PAX Prime. I can't believe I decided to skip it this year. :-|

Also: When the hell are we going to learn about Halo 4's playlist options! When did we know about Reach's playlists? Playlists and group functionality are the two things I'm most eager to learn about.

Your body, your armor, all burned and turned to glass. Everything except your courage. That you gave to us. And with it, we can rebuild.

Why did they kill off 6? He was the only good character in Reach. Carter and Kat were boring. George had potential but they didn't play on his soft side enough, they should have had him suffering from PTSD. Emile was not characterized at the beginning so when he is getting in George's face the player is confused. Jun could have been cool but he didn't actually do anything.

Maybe one day they will Retcon Reach and replace it with something well written that doesn't break cannon.

Merguson

Banned
Why did they kill off 6? He was the only good character in Reach. Carter and Kat were boring. George had potential but they didn't play on his soft side enough, they should have had him suffering from PTSD. Emile was not characterized at the beginning so when he is getting in George's face the player is confused. Jun could have been cool but he didn't actually do anything.

Maybe one day they will Retcon Reach and replace it with something well written that doesn't break cannon.

New cutscene that shows Noble Six surviving the assault from the elites and abandoning his helmet since it's useless now. He manages to live in a cave until the UNSC returns to Planet Reach.

No need to retcon!

Also: When the hell are we going to learn about Halo 4's playlist options! When did we know about Reach's playlists? Playlists and group functionality are the two things I'm most eager to learn about.
Yeah looking for some details about matchmaking.

It was all about 6 making the choice to stay, signing his own death certificate, and then goes out like a boss. One of my favorite parts of the Reach script.

Yeah looking for some details about matchmaking.

It was all about 6 making the choice to stay, signing his own death certificate, and then goes out like a boss. One of my favorite parts of the Reach script.

New cutscene that shows Noble Six surviving the assault from the elites and abandoning his helmet since it's useless now. He manages to live in a cave until the UNSC returns to Planet Reach.

No need to retcon!

They should have killed Kat off without the Covie drive by. That whole scene was hilarious. George's death was decent but the whole manual detonation was a cop out. Carter's sacrifice was mediocre.

The idea of six sacrificing himself was well and good but by that time the whole game had become a contest for best death. Killing everyone was just too much. Emile should have been injured. The last scene should have been 6 tending to Emile when he gets ambushed; right when 6 is about to be stabbed you should see the elite get sniped and Jun walk into the frame. Jun could make some wisecrack remark and they could all depart in some sort of small ship because Jun had special orders from Halsey or something.

Better than Rookie.

Rookies silence was just awkward.

I liked the Rookie just because he reminded me of classic game characters like Link or Freeman.

Six had some backstory that could have been explored in later titles.
Big man forgets what he is sometimes.

What, they don't like my cooking?

Top Bottom