• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow ve

Halo 4 Mainstage

A6tr38iCIAAsMb9.jpg:large

Man, that mainstage makes me sad...

Woorloog

Banned
Anyone ever crafted Halo PnP RPG system? I'm doing one right now, i just wonder if anyone else has, and if they has, could they share it? Would be interested in comparing my plans to whatever others have done.
Basing my system on DnD 3.5 d20 system, partially.

Yeah Relay is smaller, might be okay. But it's not going to be fun having to rely on forge maps for objective modes.
As an avid forger, I will say that forged maps shouldn't be relied on for anything other than to add a little bit of flavor here and there. Certainly not for things like sustaining a BTB playliest.

*forgets Reach*

Beckx

Anyone ever crafted Halo PnP RPG system? I'm doing one right now, i just wonder if anyone else has, and if they has, could they share it? Would be interested in comparing my plans to whatever others have done.
Basing my system on DnD 3.5 d20 system, partially.

Oof. That system is wonky for firearms. Might consider something like Heavy Gear instead.

Woorloog

Banned
Oof. That system is wonky for firearms. Might consider something like Heavy Gear instead.
Not really. I'll modify it heavily. Attack roll + how many hits if multiple rounds are fired, static damage values for weapons (reduces dice rolling). Played on a grid map, it will do. I think.
EDIT the system will be mostly homebrewn, with some things grabbed from d20. Main die will be d20 of course.

*mental note: check Heavy Gear*

EDIT2 checked Heavy Gear BLITZ! quick start rules. Don't think this is what you mean, is it? Doesn't use d20...

BigShow36

As an avid forger, I will say that forged maps shouldn't be relied on for anything other than to add a little bit of flavor here and there. Certainly not for things like sustaining a BTB playliest.

*forgets Reach*

Well when you only have a couple launch maps that are viable for a gametype, you kind of need to rely on Forge maps.

Oh I forgot, we got the EGS this end of the week but I think Microsoft didnt bring an Halo stand this year but still we can play the Halo 4 demo.....2 days before launch.....damm.....

Beckx

Not really. I'll modify it heavily. Attack roll + how many hits if multiple rounds are fired, static damage values for weapons (reduces dice rolling). Played on a grid map, it will do. I think.
EDIT the system will be mostly homebrewn, with some things grabbed from d20. Main die will be d20 of course.

*mental note: check Heavy Gear*

EDIT2 checked Heavy Gear BLITZ! quick start rules. Don't think this is what you mean, is it? Doesn't use d20...

Blitz is the tabletop game. They had an old RPG system based around a d6 model & designed from the ground up for a world with mechs, spaceships and laser guns. 2nd Edition is the best. HG is an awesome sci-fi universe in its own right.

Before you put too much work into modifying 3.5 d20 for Halo, you might check enworld.org's forums for other recommendations. I've never played GURPS sci-fi, for example, but it's generic so if it's good all you have to do is stat up your Halo stuff and go.

(The SW Saga edition might be a better place to start a conversion if you're set on d20.)

Woorloog

Banned
and Kat's Helmet.

Indeed, i was thinking the same thing. It seems the armor is re-purposed from Deliver Hope trailer. EDIT and Fred's helmet is Thom's helmet, repainted and extra pieces removed, i reckon.

Blitz is the tabletop game. They had an old RPG system based around a d6 model & designed from the ground up for a world with mechs, spaceships and laser guns. 2nd Edition is the best. HG is an awesome sci-fi universe in its own right.

Before you put too much work into modifying 3.5 d20 for Halo, you might check enworld.org's forums for other recommendations. I've never played GURPS sci-fi, for example, but it's generic so if it's good all you have to do is stat up your Halo stuff and go.

(The SW Saga edition might be a better place to start a conversion if you're set on d20.)

We'll use d20 dice and thus base my system on some d20 system. Me and my friends have d20s already and we like those dice more than d6s.
Don't like GURPS, based on what i've read of it (and quick start rules).

I do have SW Saga and the previous version of SW RPG so that helps too. But as i said, it will be mostly homebrewn.

L1NETT

Does anyone think the lack of ranks will affect it's popularity months after launch?

Black Ops 2 will take care of that don't worry ;-)

(by popularity you mean population right?)

On that, super disappointing to see no extraction playlist at launch. Hoping the updates are soon and significant.

Edit: Good lord at that mainstage photo.

CyReN

To put in perspective how terribe this is, this is from a local of mine that does Halo lans out of his basement.

MLG should hire Wu and him for future tourneys.

-----

Will someone give Franklin a damn chair already.

A6t3EwdCEAE7Yfl.jpg

Beckx

I do have SW Saga and the previous version of SW RPG so that helps too. But as i said, it will be mostly homebrewn.

Cool. Will be curious to see how things go. I suppose 343 sees it as too much of a niche product to make an official one. Shame.

Woorloog

Banned
Cool. Will be curious to see how things go. I suppose 343 sees it as too much of a niche product to make an official one. Shame.

Indeed.

I'll post something when i have something, uh, shareable.

My system won't be very balanced or deep though, it will be tweaked on the fly etc. Nor it will be ever "ready", probably.
I just like crafting RPG systems. A bit too much so, i might use too much time crafting that instead of scenarios and stories.

daedalius

Hey I am working on some art for them right now ;)

guns and giant mechs are pretty cool to paint.

Beckx

Hey I am working on some art for them right now ;)

guns and giant mechs are pretty cool to paint.

My fav mini is a little Blazing Mamba conversion I made from some spare bits. Need to finish my Southern army some day. Much love for DP9. Getting back into the PC game some time in the next few months and hopefully will be able to find my copy of HGII.

daedalius

My fav mini is a little Blazing Mamba conversion I made from some spare bits. Need to finish my Southern army some day. Much love for DP9. Getting back into the PC game some time in the next few months and hopefully will be able to find my copy of HGII.

I more mean art for their covers/internal art, rather than actual painting minis ;)

But yea, they've got some cool stuff.

J10

Banned
40 something lol

guy was a fucking BOSS at 15 lol

Keep in mind that the time spent in cryo slows aging. Consider with the augmentations that he's still got the body of a 20 year old, with late 20s/early30s being the physical peak for normal healthy people. Motherfucker probably hasn't even hit his stride yet. Yeah, BOSS is the right word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom