• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carbine takes 8 headshots & 12 body shots?

fuy6X.png

It's a good weapon.

Seance

Banned
Surprised how entertaining competitive Halo 4 is to watch, hope they keep IS in their gametypes.

Serious?
Better maps
Better weapons
Better art/graphics
Faster gameplay
Better movement
Balanced sprint/AAs

This game is easily more fun than 3/Reach to watch and play, MLG settings or no.

I just literally shot a warthog into space with the incinerary canon. I've never seen a vehicle get launched this high in any other Halo MP.

I tried to go back and watch the film but it keeps saying "an error has occurred during playback" after 7 seconds :(

Ramirez

It's a good weapon.

It's fairly obvious from the few times I've seen it on the streams that it's vastly inferior to the other rifles, the DMR especially.

The only way I can see it being viable is as a secondary with Firepower, it's still going to be the best clean up weapon, but for a evenly matched gun fight, I'm pretty sure it's going to lose most of the time. :(

Smeghead

Reach was doomed as soon as they decided to rip maps out of single player. You can't make a good multi player map with single player in mind, and vice versa.

DMR is boring as hell to watch as well, more BR please.

Woorloog

Banned
Haters gonna hate I guess

Hate what?

Anyone, tell me how the Lightrifle feels and acts, is it good, really viable choice for main weapon?

Reach was doomed as soon as they decided to rip maps out of single player. You can't make a good multi player map with single player in mind, and vice versa.

Certain campaign areas were designed as multiplayer maps. So they were not just "ripped off", outside Boneyard which was a campaign space truly repurposed as a MP map.

Overdoziz

Banned
Can't wait for the MLG teams to get used to the maps and gametypes. Right now it seems really unorganized. Especially that first Haven match players were just kinda looking around not knowing where to go. The personal ordnance also adds a lot of chaos, not sure if I'm a big fan.

CyReN

Will this weekend decide if Halo 4 stays on the circuit?

No, but it leaves us in "good graces". 240+ teams at one event is pretty crazy, especially this time of year since last year in Providence (also in November) was one of the lowest turnouts I've seen for a event with 80ish teams.

The game you have makes a big difference, Halo back.

It's fairly obvious from the few times I've seen it on the streams that it's vastly inferior to the other rifles, the DMR especially.

The only way I can see it being viable is as a secondary with Firepower, it's still going to be the best clean up weapon, but for a evenly matched gun fight, I'm pretty sure it's going to lose most of the time. :(
You are correct. It isn't great. But if the Carbine user can manage a few shots before you notice him, you are dead. But at the end it does not happen very often. I still think DMR or Lightrifle are the best weapon to use.

Looks like I like the ordnance in H4 MLG but Im not liking the instant respawn its making it a little too clusterfucky and a lot less "intelligent" IMO.

This is so fun to watch, but I'm super disappointed by the lack of primary weapon variety.

Looks like I like the ordnance in H4 MLG but Im not liking the instant respawn its making it a little too clusterfucky and a lot less "intelligent" IMO.
I think it is way too early to judge the lack of strategy.

willow ve

Feels good to see all those kids standing in the background at the MLG Halo "main stage" ... Ah memories.

Also feels good to have Puckett in the booth.

Get rid of the jetpack and you have a winner.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Surprised no one is using the light rifle at all.

That was a LOT of fun to watch. I really hope MLG picks up H4 for good.

Tomorrow will really tell. So far this doesn't seem as much of a marketing ploy that the Max Payne one was.

This really is a lot more fun to watch though.

kylej

Banned
btw that map they just played on looks terrible. where are the cohesive design elements? it's got this large human chunk sitting up top, then a bunch of more organic looking paths spiraling all over the place, doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to its layout.

all the halo 4 maps look like someone was given a checklist of what a Halo map needs but didn't understand any of the nuance behind the good ones.

This is so fun to watch, but I'm super disappointed by the lack of primary weapon variety.

I think it is way too early to judge the lack of strategy.

Yea, probably, too early too say, but just a guess. I just don't see instant respawn working in MLG.

I'd like them to embrace the actual new stuff weapons, ordnance, but keep similar aspects of gameplay. Faster speed than regular Halo, No radar, longer respawns (punishing death more), faster objective returns.

CyReN

btw that map they just played on looks terrible. where are the cohesive design elements? it's got this large human chunk sitting up top, then a bunch of more organic looking paths spiraling all over the place, doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to its layout.

all the halo 4 maps look like someone was given a checklist of what a Halo map needs but didn't understand any of the nuance behind the good ones.

It's one of the best maps, and that isn't talking down to the others. It flows well.

I'll admit it looks different, but don't let that take away from the gameplay.

zap

I think Bravo or Pucket was saying that the Lightrifle isn't included in the options for this MLG event.

Man this is such a good fun game to watch, even Infinity Slayer, which I was apprehensive about.

Hype is near astronomical level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom