• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
How about the boxes on Adrift, under ramps on Haven, every base on Exile, bottom lift on Abandon, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

These wouldn't be as bad either if it weren't for Camo and Boltshot of course.

I haven't had a ton of problems w/ the Adrift boxes or the ramps on Haven. Only time I really ever see anyone on either one of the bottom lifts on Abandon is when rockets spawn. As for Exile, I haven't played much BTB, but when I have, I haven't run into a base that wasn't clearable.

Won't argue w/ the Boltshot. I will get killed maybe once a game from someone turtling, but if they change it to essentially be a chargable mauler or an anti-personnel plasma pistol w/ bleedthrough (essentially a melee w/ some range), I won't care as much.

I haven't had a ton of problems w/ the Adrift boxes or the ramps on Haven. Only time I really ever see anyone on either one of the bottom lifts on Abandon is when rockets spawn. As for Exile, I haven't played much BTB, but when I have, I haven't run into a base that wasn't clearable.

Won't argue w/ the Boltshot. I will get killed maybe once a game from someone turtling, but if they change it to essentially be a chargable mauler or an anti-personnel plasma pistol w/ bleedthrough (essentially a melee w/ some range), I won't care as much.

I think all it needs is to have a larger charge-up time. Once you realize you can release early, it's so much stronger.

TheOddOne

lol

Kynan talking about how the map was intentionally designed to be a random mess and what seemed to be not having a concern for easily distinguishable landmarks proves again that gameplay wasn't the main concern. That being said, the map looks pretty cool even with all that brown.
What you think and feel isn't what Kynan says. Doesn't suprise me that you would hyperbole it.

It's been a month, so I'm having trouble remembering. Is there ever a time when we have a warthog driving section where we battle the Prometheans? I can't remember one.

A lot of people are disappointed that the game didn't have Prom vehicles, and I got the sense that was because they wanted to drive them. The other side of the coin is that without Prom vehicles, there's much less opportunity to enjoy some vehicle battles in campaign.

----------------------------------------

As a side note, I've become super-salty on the game, especially Spartan Ops. And my posts aren't really helping that. I think after the SpOps reveal tonight, I'm going to unsub from the Halo OTs. I'm a lurker mostly, so I know I won't be missed, but I will miss y'all.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
It's been a month, so I'm having trouble remembering. Is there ever a time when we have a warthog driving section where we battle the Prometheans? I can't remember one.

A lot of people are disappointed that the game didn't have Prom vehicles, and I got the sense that was because they wanted to drive them. The other side of the coin is that without Prom vehicles, there's much less opportunity to enjoy some vehicle battles in campaign.

Unless you could somehow get the Hog into the Mantis corridor on Infinity - not that I can think of...

A Promethean vehicle assembling around MC w/ effects similar to the first time you pick up a weapon would have been cool.

Obviously a mistake to ever talk in any sort of absolutes with you. Other than Ring 3 Lift on Abandon, I really can't think of camping spots on the same magnitude as say Countdown, Powerhouse 2, Sword Base, etc.

Are we seriously doing this?

You'll just learn to ignore him. He's a poor knockoff of kylej without the insights.

Making it function exactly like a Mauler would be a good fix while increasing the recovery time between shots slightly.

What you think isn't what Kynan says. Doesn't suprise me that you would hyperbole it.

I'm not allowed to be dramatic? At least that dramatic post got some attention.. I just got used to posting on here to share my ideas/concerns while reading how other people feel about this game instead of trying to post useless things. I'm fully aware how some people feel about me, but once you get to know me I'm actually a pretty snowflake ;]

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8daw6lL2c1qhjwkr.gif[IMG]

I don't know what to say...[/QUOTE]

lmfao There was a lot I was about to break into.. but just decided to leave it like that because what's the point?

Reading all the hate in this thread is borderline depressing.

I really enjoy what I'm playing of Halo 4. I have annoyances with it sure but I still want to go back and play it.

:/

I do wish however that they would bring out a gametype for you guys that are pissed at stuff.

TheOddOne

I'm not allowed to be dramatic? At least that dramatic post got some attention.. I just got used to posting on here to share my ideas/concerns while reading how other people feel about this game. I'm fully aware how some people feel about me, but once you get to know me I'm actually a pretty snowflake ;]
tumblr_m8daw6lL2c1qhjwkr.gif

I don't know what to say...

orznge

Banned
Obviously a mistake to ever talk in any sort of absolutes with you. Other than Ring 3 Lift on Abandon, I really can't think of camping spots on the same magnitude as say Countdown, Powerhouse 2, Sword Base, etc.

Are we seriously doing this?

You mentioned that through the reduction of player influence via map control, camping has been reduced, as pictured below.

iSJIu.png

You went on to talk about specific, near-game-breaking examples of camping spots in maps. I had assumed by "camping" you meant "a team populating an area with a positional advantage with the intent of staying there to net the highest return from that action" (which is what most people would probably take from the above post). Does it really not seem off to you that in a game with a $100 million dollar budget (or whatever) there's seemingly no room to find any map designers that can create something that is playable beyond the most basic level of competency?

orznge

Banned
You'll just learn to ignore him. He's a poor knockoff of kylej without the insights.

I would appreciate if you could engage me in conversation instead of harassing me. I've posted competent, thoughtful stuff in the past but, as anyone who uses this thread on a regular basis knows, those kinds of posts often go ignored or are laughed off.

IHaveIce

Banned
So is this supposed to be like Burial Mounds?

I get the feeling all of the new maps should remind us of Halo 2 maps, Harvest with the Train = Terminal, Shatter looked like Waterworks with the green light and this one reminds me of Burial Mounds.... but not one of them looks as good as the Halo 2 equivalent

I get the feeling all of the new maps should remind us of Halo 2 maps, Harvest with the Train = Terminal, Shatter looked like Waterworks with the green light and this one reminds me of Burial Mounds.... but not one of them looks as good as the Halo 2 equivalent

I'd put them in the same box as Guardian as far as "spiritual successors" are concerned. Not to speak of their quality, but at least as them being reminiscent to their predecessors.

To be fair, they have to be changed up a lot with respect to what 343's base gameplay is.

--

Also, is there no way to play Extraction in Matchmaking come Tuesday? I thought the plan was to make that gametype available once the maps were.

You mentioned that through the reduction of player influence via map control, camping has been reduced, as pictured below.

iSJIu.png

You went on to talk about specific, near-game-breaking examples of camping spots in maps. I had assumed by "camping" you meant "a team populating an area with a positional advantage with the intent of staying there to net the highest return from that action" (which is what most people would probably take from the above post). Does it really not seem off to you that in a game with a $100 million dollar budget (or whatever) there's seemingly no room to find any map designers that can create something that is playable beyond the most basic level of competency?

Dude.
y2bfL.gif

Wreckage looks completely unfun in that video. When a developer lists two of the worst Armor Abilities to benefit the player, you know you're in for a 'wonderful' experience. Surprised he didn't list PromVision, which won't even help against people who are going to be using the Stealth perk along with Camo. Tight passageways for vehicles, when anyone can have Plasma Pistol and stickies? bleh.

I feel sorry for the person who tries to come up with callouts for this map.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Shoutouts to Blondie Boom aka Stevie Shae, she is the blood of the dragon and builds up a grunty thirst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom