• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Again 343 & MS are in trouble, not even the weekends are safe.

When it rains it pours, boy oh boy.

Saturday was mostly fine in Halo 4 for me, was out all night tonight so I didn't play at all.

Fuchsdh

This. The map is comically large for 4v4.

Because of the focus around the center structure, I think Wreckage actually plays smaller than Harvest. Haven't played 4v4 Slayer on either, but in 6v6 Slayer and 5v5 CTF, Wreckage played smaller and faster than Harvest.

If you ignore the vehicle lanes on either side (which, bizarrely, on CTF most people seem to)*, Harvest really isn't that large. It's like you chopped up bits of Longest and rearranged them 90 degrees.

*Exception being guys sitting on top of the jumps with DMR and camo pinging people in the bases every other game.

If you ignore the vehicle lanes on either side (which, bizarrely, on CTF most people seem to)*, Harvest really isn't that large. It's like you chopped up bits of Longest and rearranged them 90 degrees.

*Exception being guys sitting on top of the jumps with DMR and camo pinging people in the bases every other game.

The side areas are massive. Yes, if people simply ignored that and stuck to the center, than it wouldn't be that big, but there isn't really anything that naturally focused the combat into the middle, so that doesn't usually happen.

Wreckage on the other hand, focuses combat to the middle structure, or around it. The man cannons also help people move around the map very quickly. For those reasons, I've found that Wreckage plays faster and smaller than Harvest, despite Harvest being the "small-medium" map.

Enfinit

Ban update: roommate is now currently unbanned on Live. Hopefully it'll stay that way. He's afraid of playing because he thinks he's going to get banned for playing a video game the way it was meant to be played.

Ken

Ban update: roommate is now currently unbanned on Live. Hopefully it'll stay that way. He's afraid of playing because he thinks he's going to get banned for playing a video game the way it was meant to be played.

you're supposed to be playing it with a kinect

GamerSoul

So much confusion. I just want to play Halo 4 just like everyone else dammit ;_;

I think Microsoft was just pissed off from losing money so they acted accordingly. I'd probably wouldn't be too happy either.

I load up Halo 4 today for the first time in a week to see that I have been banned. I got the map pass with the LE. wtf? Ugh. What a fucking disaster this game has been for me.

MIMIC

Banned
Assholes. I drop an Incineration Canon right in front of myself and a team make jacks it.

Heh. I always make my request when no ones around just in case someone would ever do that.

Speaking of which....I made my request for the Spartan Laser (in an open area, because like I said, I don't want anyone to be around to jack it).....and nothing happens. It makes the *ding!* sound effect of the drop, but my ordnance is no where to be found :-/ There wasn't even a marker for it.

And sometimes, the marker will stay up....long after I've obtained my weapon.

neoism

Now people are getting banned for having the freebie maps? :lol

Just release the fucking awful map pack for free, give season pass/LE people a new map pack.

wish they would give me back my 300$...343, and Microsoft are jokes... lol Playing Reach from now on...shame I feel this way about halo now, but its just shit...

thanks 343.

malfcn

I normally point it where no one is, and I too have had a view times where it never drops. Or drops where I didn't point.

Ken

wish they would give me back my 300$...343, and Microsoft are jokes... lol Playing Reach from now on...shame I feel this way about halo now, but its just shit...

thanks 343.

Remember when we thought we would never go back to Reach after Halo 4.

What happened.

Enfinit

TOM BRADY HAVE MY BABIES

On that final drive, I needed 4 points to win in fantasy. I had Welker, Brady, and Gostkowski. Four points from three players in two minutes.

Couple of fourth down conversions got me two points from Brady to set up the field goal. I won by two. I fucking shit my pants when the field goal went through.

TOM. FUCKING. BRADY.

Tawpgun

Slayer Pro

Game is completley even all the way through.

The 2 minute drop hands the enemy a binary rifle.

We lose

Please let the MLG/Actual Slayer Pro playlist come out soon.

CyReN

This is cool.

ZQWpZ.jpg

PclPv.jpg

5hzVy.jpg

TZmn3.jpg

Hope this isn't wide spread. There have been so many issues since launch. All I can do is laugh at this point :(
I can't even manage that. I'm numb at this point.

Played through the first couple episodes of TWD this weekend though. Cool story and permanence but it's basically not a game.

I was thinking today how if I had dropped all that money on limited editon consoles and versions of the game and didn't like the game, I would feel bad. If anyone out there dropped $400+ on the console and doesn't like the game, how does it feel? Do you almost feel the need to defend the game so your purchase was not in vain? Not being snarky or anything, just want to know.

heckfu

Banned
I was thinking today how if I had dropped all that money on limited editon consoles and versions of the game and didn't like the game, I would feel bad. If anyone out there dropped $400+ on the console and doesn't like the game, how does it feel? Do you almost feel the need to defend the game so your purchase was not in vain? Not being snarky or anything, just want to know.
I bought the console because after all said and done the console priced out around 170 plus a game and two controllers.

I needed all of those things for my new place.

I bought the console because after all said and done the console priced out around 170 plus a game and two controllers.

I needed all of those things for my new place.

Yeah I guess if you needed one it doesn't matter either way, I could just see those who merely 'wanted' it could be pissed. And right now I am so damn tempted to pick the game up with that Toys r Us 2 for $70 deal. As much as I hate on the game here, I had so much fun playing with you guys.

Sai-kun

Banned

I don't need to defend the game, it just makes me really depressed, and this is likely the last time I'll buy any special edition Halo game shit. That's disappointing because I like spending money on things that I really like, but...I just don't really like this game.

Omni

This is cool.

Wow. Sure am glad 343i designed maps around the sandbox! That DMR doesn't break maps at all!

Wait, I've just gone into my specializations menu and all the ones I haven't unlocked yet have disappeared. was the "play before 20th and receive specializations" thing temporary too? what the fuck?
Restart your game. They'll show up again. Nothing to get worked up over :)

rakka

Wait, I've just gone into my specializations menu and all the ones I haven't unlocked yet have disappeared. was the "play before 20th and receive specializations" thing temporary too? what the fuck?

mhsilver

Banned
I've found the key to success in this game is keep track of every kill/assist up to the first 10 kills in a match. If you can count 3 times in which you were awarded an assist instead of a kill for what was clearly your kill, bail, find another match.

The shit netcode isn't worth suffering a full match of your bullets landing a fraction of a second later than everybody else's.

...unless a teammate fucks with you enough to merit spending the entire match causing him to die as much as possible. That shit is so fun now that teammates can't even kill you to try and dissuade you.

Try restarting the system. That happened to me awhile back, and it worked.

But I have the code with the LE that unlocked those specializations, not the promo.

Tawpgun

Why is Hardlight Shield a thing

Sjabdskajbfsakflksadjfsal

GAME HAS SO MUCH BS IT COULD FERTILIZE THE ENTIRE EARTH FOR ETERNITY

Custom classes ruined Halo

JHall

It's really no better...

While this is true I find BLOPS 2 to be the lesser of the two evils. Halo is now a shadow of its former self, which really saddens me.

Hopefully the new Spies vs Mercs in SC: Blacklist can play like Chaos Theory's multiplayer.

Do I buy this game again? The inner war rages on. The Halo fan within still doesn't want to let go. That Halo fan that was born 11 years ago on a cold Christmas night, sitting next to his brother as they first set their eyes upon the Pillar of Autumn. A young 10 year old, so easily impressionable, but that game left one damn lasting impression. I don't want to give it up, not yet. I am like Batman preventing the Joker from falling his to his death. I hold onto this series so very tight, but all it takes is for me to loosen my grip and let it go. But for some reason, I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom