• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computron

Halo 2 during it's Prime was "Hey someone go check for an Elite meleeing next to their base and a Warthog with nobody in the passenger seat charging straight for the flag room. Wait, scratch that, their warthog is flying at us and firing tank bullets. Also, my gun is a ham."

Whats this one about?

Yeah. I keep up. But mostly out of habit, which has been waning.

Halo 3/Reach BTB anyone?

So much aim assist.

Baby's First Halo.

I think the speed of the gameplay and BR made it so more was needed. For instance Halo 3 was so slow even with the lessened autoaim it was still easier to aim in.

Plus hows this relevant when your opponent has just as much auto aim?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think the speed of the gameplay and BR made it so more was needed. For instance Halo 3 was so slow even with the lessened autoaim it was still easier to aim in.

Plus hows this relevant when your opponent has just as much auto aim?

Maybe he just prefers it to be harder to aim

Tawpgun

lmfao

pffffffft Going from the metagame of Halo 1 to Halo 2.... In that same negative spirit, the argument can be made that Halo lived and died with 1.

;]

I played Halo CE competetively* on PC long before I played Halo 2. Yeah I missed the pistol but the BR was awesome. And I had more fun in the base game of Halo 2 then on Halo PC.

*clan matches

Halo 2 was easier to have fun on also, it being on Xbox LIVE.

Omni

I could never get XBC to work. It would recognise my Xbox, but after that nothing. Being Australian I would imagine that it would be laggy as fuck though

This sort of thing (edit to add quote for large image):
aYkep.jpg
Mongoose + rocket + grav lift + fusion coils on High Ground attacking the tower. Just a funny arse insane kill to pull off in matchmaking and totally worth the set up risk/reward.

In this OT of team downer and attempts to make Halo 4/Reach back to classic only I ask why does it all have to be like that? Answer is it doesn't and I think we can all agree playlists with Halo 4 should have a variety of settings and game experiences. I think at the least we can all agree this is more beneficial than having all classic or all Halo 4 only throughout the whole game.

It would be nice to get one point down to a single consensus vote for once.

Fuck 343i need to fix fileshare already.

Make fun of the tourney playlist if you want but it's some of the most competitive games I've played in Halo 4. White knuckle games.

It's nice to see a tournament with all the Halo sandbox in play. I'd like to see MLG with geese or hogs in play with objectives on mid-large maps as well as 1 sided asymmetrical maps.
Don't hate me

Anyone want some more images from old file shares posted? Anyone got some interesting or unique image content to share (of their own of course)?

Halo 3: Playin' with Bungie team, the original flame grilled heads -

Halo 3: Narrows power drainer and double sniper body shot for the double kill -

Halo 3: Last Resort 1 bomb, solo stealth arm with triple kill defense FTW -

Halo 3: Guardian FFA, Killing Frenzy Overkill

Fracas

#fuckonami
The copy of Telltale's The Walking Dead I bought from Amazon was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, just got an email saying it was undeliverable. What?

Fuchsdh

Make fun of the tourney playlist if you want but it's some of the most competitive games I've played in Halo 4. White knuckle games.

I'd agree too, but on the other hand it's the first time I've been playing where I've been seeing massive jetpack use. *shrug*

This is the first time the Team Slayer playlist has had more people than BTB since launch, right?

And wasn't the reasoning behind that something astoundingly dumb like being 56k compatible? Halo is a series of compromise.

Well, it's hard to believe but most people in the US didn't get broadband until recently. Even now, only 66% of people have broadband access at home. So yeah CE for PC in 2003 had 56k compatibility, and it was playable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I love Shatter. The map is beautiful, provides interesting sightlines, and is one of the few that accommodates the BR, LR, AND the DMR. Come at me bros.

Only thing wrong with it is teleporters for objective games.

Havok

I'd agree too, but on the other hand it's the first time I've been playing where I've been seeing massive jetpack use. *shrug*

This is the first time the Team Slayer playlist has had more people than BTB since launch, right?
Infinity Slayer was higher than BTB for the first week or so. It got hit pretty hard once Black Ops released, it seems. Halocharts has peaks by day per playlist, but for whatever reason comparisons have to be done by loading each playlist in separate tabs :\

I love Shatter. The map is beautiful, provides interesting sightlines, and is one of the few that accommodates the BR, LR, AND the DMR. Come at me bros.

Only thing wrong with it is teleporters for objective games.

I like it, too. Aside from the framerate and slight over-lighting issue, I think the maps are pretty decent for Big Team.

Omni

Anyone want some more images from old file shares posted? Anyone got some interesting or unique image content to share (of their own of course)?

Halo 3: Playin' with Bungie team, the original flame grilled heads -

Halo 3: Narrows power drainer and double sniper body shot for the double kill -

Halo 3: Last Resort 1 bomb, solo stealth arm with triple kill defense FTW -

Halo 3: Guardian FFA, Killing Frenzy Overkill
The nostalgia is overwhelming.

When was the last good Halo Mappack released?
Noble Map Pack was good. Tempest, Breakpoint and Anchor 9. Great maps... Reach should've shipped with them. At least then we could've played them more than once.

When was the last good Halo Mappack released?

Well, if you don't count this map pack, then I'd say Anniversary maps on Nov 15, 2011. I liked those ones.

@Tashi, yeah I'd have to agree, on second thought none of the Reach maps were really in the same league as those due to, well, Reach.

--

Lol, nice avatar, Homeboyd.

I wish I could find a nice high quality version of mine.

Fuchsdh

I don't know what this is.

Man, I remember loving the crap out of Animorphs books back in the day. I found one in my cousin's old things a few months ago and re-read it. For a YA book it's not too bad, although the books repeat themselves pretty badly.

Well, if you don't count this map pack, then I'd say Anniversary maps on Nov 15, 2011. I liked those ones.

--

Lol, nice avatar, Homeboyd.

I wish I could find a nice high quality version of mine.

Give me a day.

Man, I remember loving the crap out of Animorphs books back in the day. I found one in my cousin's old things a few months ago and re-read it. For a YA book it's not too bad, although the books repeat themselves pretty badly.

Give me a day.

Ok!

Also, stingray faces are weird:
StingraySWNS_450x300.jpg

--

Halo related, are we ever going to spend a level or two going through the inside of a Covenant ship again? I really liked the Corvette part of Long Night of Solace. Beautiful, I just wish they were bigger on the inside to explore. Going through the cruiser in Halo: CE is still on of my favourite memories of Halo campaign. Hell, even going through High Charity in Halo 2 was pretty damn cool.

The Covenant have such cool and interesting architecture, and having those deep purples, pinks, blues and greens all contrasted over a landscape is so trademark Halo. There's barely any of that in 4, and I think that's a mistake. The glimpses that we do see, are really freaking kick-ass, though.

I hope in the future we can get scenes like this:

It felt weird not going in SOME kind of Covenant ship this time around. Where'd all the purple go?

Homeboyd

lol I was half expecting something bannable to be hidden somewhere in it... maybe like a tit or a penis or something.

Still not sure...

Homeboyd

Is that a reference to a dog licking peaNUT butter?!

I'm on my phone :(

Edit: Yeah I see that hidden lulz. WHAT DOES THE WRITING SAYYYYYY

senador

Banned
Played Team Regicide with a few friends tonight and had a ton of fun. We have been really liking the playlist. I think for the most part its because there's no personal ordnance.

I want a playlist with map pickups for power weapons, no instant respawn (but I can live with it), loadouts, and radar. A mix of old and new. Could be great.

Also, the Infinity Challenge is bothering me. It really rubs me wrong, especially the website. Its a disgusting billboard of sponsorships. I hate it. That's really disappointing to me more so than design decisions.

I'd like to share this with you fellow Halo fans.

The past few days I've been playing Halo 4 with my nephew who chosed to play this game on his own xbox 360 that was given to him by his father (whom is a gamer) and wanted his son to enjoy the best games he knows any kid will love to play by him/herself alone or as a family/party. Only Rated E titles of course.

I figured the game would possibly be abit more challenging for his age, but he wanted to play it cooperatively with me. So, I figured we play the games difficulty on Easy and guide him on certain need to know basis things mainly on how to play it. We played the Mission "Dawn" with no problems. He gave me orders to take out the little guys (grunts) while he takes out the big guy (Elite) and executes his strategy with flying colors. I was impressed.

We continued our objective once on Requiem. He already knows how to pickup weapons, hop into Worthogs (Driving them, mounting the turret and using it properly). I thought it would be useful for him to know how to sprint after we've been playing two missions without it, so I took his controller and set the layout style from Default to Recon after asking which buttons/thumsticks he would find simpler to use. Smart choice. He knows how to speed things up by pressing X for sprinting.

The Waypoint Objectives helps alot for him to accomplish want needs to be done before further advancing. No troubles whatsoever in the Mission "Forerunner". Now we've progressed further into the Level "Reclaimer" after finishing "Infinity" not too long ago.

The only problems he may have trouble is being out numbered by Elites/Prometheans. Loved using the Giant Robot (Mantis) which he stomped me several times accidentally without any previous knowledge of knowing how to execute it along with timing. Man how I really have been enjoying playing Halo 4 coop with him. He truly loved playing it. Btw, this is his very first Halo game.

Even though Halo games are rated "M" for mature, he was being supervised by me and both his parents. Reason why I wanted to share this experience on here is that my nephew is only 4 years old. Wow right? Thanks for reading this very long post and I really do hope you all enjoyed it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom