• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I dont have a sis.
2nd,I should have left u in ur moms face, son

Last i checked"MEMBER" You dont own gaf forum nor work at 343i. But ur good at one thing, kiss asses. Go wash ur mouth.
And Halo 4 do have alot of problems and my main is the lag.

GnPTh.gif

FyreWulff

nice try. It was just a one night stand.I said I should have, havent done it. But it sound like u got alot of experience in that field...hmmmmm

I think you're going to eventually find out that you should have left that post inside your face.

Nah, your link sucks.

SUSPENDED

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Monday, November 20, 4750 7:06:21 AM.

Dat Ban

Can't say you didn't deserve it

Tawpgun

Last i checked"MEMBER" You dont own gaf forum nor work at 343i. But ur good at one thing, kiss asses. Go wash ur mouth.

You use u and ur and are incapable of forming proper sentences.

How old are you? Man you're a terrible poster. Clean it up.

Dirtbag

It's silly to use anything but the DMR and boltshot if you're not playing BTB. The boltshot is the best shotgun in the game and the DMR is the best rifle. I'm surprised your not running into them that frequently.

I agree the boltshot is the best shotgun.
But the BR on smaller maps is superior. The aim magnetism / acceleration just seems a hair superior in closer ranges and capping that last head shot is easier with a burst.

Talents

Banned
Nah, your link sucks.

SUSPENDED

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Monday, November 20, 4750 7:06:21 AM.

Dat Ban

Aw snap, you dun fucked up bad.

It kinda sucks though, I got banned for something my mate wrote on the forums. Was round his house, went to get a drink and he wrote a rather bad comment...

willow ve

I agree the boltshot is the best shotgun.
But the BR on smaller maps is superior. The aim magnetism / acceleration just seems a hair superior in closer ranges and capping that last head shot is easier with a burst.

BR can win if the range is close. DMR dominates in every other situation.
Plasma pistol is useful for BTB with vehicles, but Blotshot outshines all other hand guns.

The vast majority of players I've run into use DMR and Boltshot (as do I).

Dirtbag

BR can win if the range is close. DMR dominates in every other situation.
Plasma pistol is useful for BTB with vehicles, but Blotshot outshines all other hand guns.

The vast majority of players I've run into use DMR and Boltshot (as do I).

I run BR/Boltshot and DMR/Boltshot

For Complex and objective gametypes I have one loadout with DMR/PP and mobility/Ammo/hologram
Eventually will trade in that ammo for stability because this game is retarded.
Assuming I dont burn out entirely on this before I reach the unlock. Growing exhausted of the map selection. Shooting the guns still has its hooks in me though

BigShow36

You can't tell me an opinion is not true.

It wasn't an opinion, it was a factually incorrect statement. As someone else already pointed out, every other weapon except the needler had a use and was deadly in the right hands. In every situation except mid-range, there was a better weapon than the pistol (and some might argue that even at mid-range, the RL was more desireable).

Halo 4 Do have alot of problems Kiss Asses listen to this guy. Main is the Lag. This is gaf forum.

It wasn't an opinion, it was a factually incorrect statement. As someone else already pointed out, every other weapon except the needler had a use and was deadly in the right hands. In every situation except mid-range, there was a better weapon than the pistol (and some might argue that even at mid-range, the RL was more desireable).

Not getting into this. I said "I think" so it is an opinion. Broken is not a always binary it can be an opinion. Regardless of what I think about the CE pistol many liked it. Its just how things are. I liked SMG's but people hate them. I liked dual wielding but people hate that aswell. Arguing that the pistol is without flaws is silly many believe it is and many believe it isn't. Virtually everyones experience with it is localized and limited. Halo PC aside it never got wide spread online use.

heckfu

Banned
It's disheartening we have multiple posters who have been banned from Waypoint. How has it come to this, that NeoGaf is a back up forum?

You know, I've never seen the weapons assemble like that in my game. It's weird, like a certain line getting cut out during the first level of Reach, as well.

It's disheartening we have multiple posters who have been banned from Waypoint. How has it come to this, that NeoGaf is a back up forum?

Never fear, there's still some of us here who don't care about Waypoint.

Dirtbag

why do y'all continue to entertain his juvenile comments? Just report him and move on.
This thread is where we bash halo remember?

Tawpgun

You know, I've never seen the weapons assemble like that in my game. It's weird, like a certain line getting cut out during the first level of Reach, as well.

Never fear, there's still some of us here who don't care about Waypoint.

They did for me the VERY first time.

m23

My Halo 2 LAN party turned into a Halo 3 LAN party. 360 really can't run Halo 2 well at all, especially split screen. Almost as bad as Halo 4 split screen lol. Halo 3 was still fun as hell though.

On another note, picked up Forza Horizon today. Can't wait to get back into racing mode, especially when Top Gear returns.

Also....I gots a puppy!!!

rakka

did the first pickup animations for me in campaign when playing splitscreen coop. campaign was actually pretty enjoyable in splitscreen. fps drops and pop in here and there but still looked amazing. or at least gave the illusion it did.

on the mp side however splitscreen is the worst its ever been. crappy framerate on multiple maps, new radar very hard to see even on a 46" TV, all caps and tiny killfeed text is near unreadable, same goes for scoreboard, reticule is not scaled down so accuracy goes out the window, list goes on.

Enfinit

I was only posting on Waypoint until I was cool enough to post on GAF.

Nah, your link sucks.

SUSPENDED

Dat Ban
My ban ends two days before your's! They must hate you more!

I wonder what the world will be like in 4750.
By then, Call of Duty and Halo will have joined forces and have released their newest augmented reality game "The Call of Halo 246: Black Ops Shock Troopers II" for the Linux-run Steam Box Pro. Oh, and we'll have Half-Life 4 by then.

Moa

I was only posting on Waypoint until I was cool enough to post on GAF.

My ban ends two days before your's! They must hate you more!

By then, Call of Duty and Halo will have joined forces and have released their newest augmented reality game "The Call of Halo 246: Black Ops Shock Troopers II" for the Linux-run Steam Box Pro. Oh, and we'll have Half-Life 4 by then.

Do we get to play as THE Black Ops Shock Trooper?

Karl2177

That's fine, here's mine. I was excited for Halo 2 because I loved the way Halo CE played-- both in campaign and multiplayer. I didn't care about Guilty Spark or Master Chief or any of the characters as the plot was only a device for level and encounter design to me. 2's Xbox Live popularity was one thing, but the clout CE originally garnered and what it did for console splitscreen/LAN parties isn't one to be discredited. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Halo CE was a popular game, and it was also well known for its multiplayer component; which is something you claim the pistol shouldn't allow.

However this will go nowhere as there's nothing either of us will legitimately say about the connection between utility weapons and the respective popularity of the titles. The pistol is simply not OP because all the options were powerful, the shotgun and rocket launcher were also some of the most ridiculous versions of those weapons as are the grenades.

Something I should have clarified last night was about how semi-competitive and casuals play. They both like it when they have a specific playstyle and the game presents an option for it. It's why Jetpack and Camo sound so appealing to them, in that they can play like a bird or be invisible. CE's sandbox didn't allow that as much. I'll have more on this later, but there's a range of combat in CE where only the Sniper is a viable killing weapon, and the only pinging weapon is the Pistol. Any casual who is a mid-range fighter is turned off by only having one option. That's just one area to why it didn't tend to those lesser skilled branches very well.

My Halo 2 LAN party turned into a Halo 3 LAN party. 360 really can't run Halo 2 well at all, especially split screen. Almost as bad as Halo 4 split screen lol. Halo 3 was still fun as hell though.

On another note, picked up Forza Horizon today. Can't wait to get back into racing mode, especially when Top Gear returns.

Also....I gots a puppy!!!

I picked up Forza Horizons as well. If other people are playing it I might start playing it earlier than intended.

I do need to get back on Halo 4 for noob crushing week.

Just wondering how you're concluding that it was still a mistake after being shown a direct quote from John Howard stating that it wasn't a mistake?
Because...it conflicts with other reports about what happened? Did you just read my post and interpret that as me just saying he was flat out wrong and dismissing what he said? Hence the "IIRC."

As others have posted:
Actually they do. It was Jason Jones. Apparently he felt it was too weak and coded the game to magnify the pistol's strength a certain percentage over what they entered. Nobody caught that till it was too late and by then it couldn't be fixed. Hence the pistol we got. I just wish I could remember where I heard that. I want to say it was one of the playthroughs of one of the older games on the net with them commentating on it.

I remember this as the explanation as well. Since multiplayer was being done under the table by two guys, they basically inherited any changes done to the weapons in campaign.

For campaign, the pistol wasn't a mistake. It was intentionally beefed up as an anti-Elite weapon by Jones. The mistake was that the change propogated to multiplayer. I've always heard it consistently explained like that.
If these are true, then what Mr. Howard said is misleading at best. How can the pistol have been intended to be the ultimate hold out weapon when its strength was modified unintentionally by Jason Jones at the last minute before anyone was able to realize until it was too late? Unless it was intended to be the ultimate holdout weapon in its original, weakened state. How could it not have been a mistake for MP if nobody realized what had happened until it was too late? The MP for the game was almost scrapped, don't forget.

ZalinKrow

Dominion could be a lot more fun if it wasn't absolutely riddled with power weapons. Exile seems to play okay most of the time. But my last few matches on Meltdown have had waaaay to many Incineration Cannons in play. It just gets really old trying to attack or defend a base when several players have weapons like that. I think it'd play out better if those were toned back a bit.

Although people can still camo + boltshot and stay on defense too so that's another thing. I'm definitely in the camp that says boltshots are cool, but not as loadout weapons. I just think it promotes really cheap play.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

That irritated me in the game because once again... The e3 video was far better paced, had better music- the radio in final was also pretty damn bad.

Same stuff happened for the x02 trailer (launch out the airlock) and e3 2006 (uncovering of the ark portal thing)

While all 3 trailers were fairly perfect, the end result in retail ended up overproduced pieces of trash, halo 4 being the best of them. Halo 2/3 though were fucking terribly overproduced and just felt outright wrong compared to the e3 trailer...

The Forerunner weapons don't do the cool first assembly animation in co-op.

It only do it one time? because I dont remember the assembly animation in coop or in specific chapters

That irritated me in the game because once again... The e3 video was far better paced, had better music- the radio in final was also pretty damn bad.

Same stuff happened for the x02 trailer (launch out the airlock) and e3 2006 (uncovering of the ark portal thing)

While all 3 trailers were fairly perfect, the end result in retail ended up overproduced pieces of trash, halo 4 being the best of them. Halo 2/3 though were fucking terribly overproduced and just felt outright wrong compared to the e3 trailer...

Even the Background music sounds more cooler than the finished ones.

ElRenoRaven

Because...it conflicts with other reports about what happened? Did you just read my post and interpret that as me just saying he was flat out wrong and dismissing what he said? Hence the "IIRC."

As others have posted:

If these are true, then what Mr. Howard said is misleading at best. How can the pistol have been intended to be the ultimate hold out weapon when its strength was modified unintentionally by Jason Jones at the last minute before anyone was able to realize until it was too late? Unless it was intended to be the ultimate holdout weapon in its original, weakened state. How could it not have been a mistake for MP if nobody realized what had happened until it was too late? The MP for the game was almost scrapped, don't forget.

Yea. I believe it was probably intended to but not to the extent it ended up being. Also as you mentioned due to the MP being almost scrapped and more of an after thought to many it is easy to see how it could be missed.

BigShow36

Yeah what a great comparison....

The point was that the qualifier of "I think..." doesn't automatically make something irrefutable. My example wasn't meant to be comparable, it was meant to point out why he was wrong to say that "I think" makes something an indisputable opinion.

Master Jackoff at it again.

i jacked off on a dude's face please feel free to use this against me in any way you see fit bro

In more relevant news, what are you guys talking about? I thought Infinity was way more polished in the final game. Genuinely not understanding this complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom