• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

A lot of things would be better if you were descoped while shot.

True, but the Binary Rifle seems so intentionally designed around that act, I just can't understand how it wasn't included. It's like each individual weapon and mechanic was outsourced to a different department and each ha no communication with the others whatsoever.

The fact that Microsoft is using Halo 4 as a platform for advertising does not sit well with me at all.

halo2mlg.jpg

Eh. In one respect I think you have a point, but certainly you can agree that it's never been taken to this extreme before? While we did have MLG playlists in 2, 3, and Reach, we never saw the logo next to the name, and they didn't sponsor any playlist with prizes like a Ford truck or whatever.

If that's happened before then I retract my statement.

Meet my son, Kai.

fucking camper

I feel like MLG just meshes better with the Halo franchise to begin with, which is why we never saw the playlists as "advertising" like how we do now. MLG had more hardcore (and in Reach's case, barebones) settings and helped diversify from the playlists. Now, with Virgin Gaming, they're just slapping the name and logo onto a pre-existing playlist. I think that's the big issue here.

fucking camper

I feel like MLG just meshes better with the Halo franchise to begin with, which is why we never saw the playlists as "advertising" like how we do now. MLG had more hardcore (and in Reach's case, barebones) settings and helped diversify from the playlists. Now, with Virgin Gaming, they're just slapping the name and logo onto a pre-existing playlist. I think that's the big issue here.

I might not have been right about advertising in spartan ops, but that's pretty much the same thing. At least before (in Halo2), those advertising brought us free maps. Now, they bring nothing. I knew something like this would happen with halo4. Fucking called it bitches.

FyreWulff

Screen dump: Shutdown.

http://imgur.com/a/fA2VM#0

Imgur barfed all over the internet when I uploaded this one, so some shots may be out of sequence.. I just spent the past 20 minutes re-arranging them, but I'll have to finish that later.

The theme of this level is "seriously let me get a clean shot goddamnit stop throwing up waypoints a half second after I enter the area"

VKkL0l.jpg

UFE1kl.jpg

lQByvl.jpg

UsZq5l.jpg

xI3Rtl.jpg

kROjRl.jpg

Hey does anyone remember what that program was that let you run your 360 through the computer and it applied filters like AA and other stuff?

Are you using that Fyrewulf? You might get even better results?

Released

That makes me wonder, why doesn't anyone here start making gametypes, with the weapons and balance you people want?

Given the lack of several key custom options, that's currently impossible to do if you're looking for the classic Halo experience (which most of us are).

Moa

Nice warning for those who play split screen in Halo 4...

Don't. Fucking. Play. Shatter.

The frame rate is disgusting.

IHaveIce

Banned
Well we dont make playlists either sooooo ;)

That makes me wonder, why doesn't anyone here start making gametypes, with the weapons and balance you people want? Too busy complaining about it im guessing?

We have, but you cant change everything except with modded content, and I think this won't get into playlist huh ;)

343. DO SOMETHING.

Thank you for calling 343. Our offices are currently closed for vacation. To speak with a developer from Certain Affinity press 1. If you need help deciding where to eat press 2. For all Ford Motor Company inquiries press 3. To hear this menu again press 4.

FyreWulff

Hey does anyone remember what that program was that let you run your 360 through the computer and it applied filters like AA and other stuff?

Are you using that Fyrewulf? You might get even better results?

Haven't heard of that, sounds interesting. It's all just direct feed from the 360 at native 720p res captured as 3.6MB .TGA files then converted to .jpg s

No it was being used during Reach in one of the threads to showcase off how it can work. Specifically they were looking at Powerhouse and they were on the top roof above GL. That was the example pics they posted.

It had like little input lag too so you were actually able to play while doing it I believe

O found it : http://ptbi.metaclassofnil.com/

343. DO SOMETHING.

One thing i don't understand is why file share still isn't working. Its getting a tad ridiculous at this point. Its a single platform game and they had what, over 3 years to work on it with close to 250 people. I mean, theres really no excuse at this point anymore.

Eh. In one respect I think you have a point, but certainly you can agree that it's never been taken to this extreme before? While we did have MLG playlists in 2, 3, and Reach, we never saw the logo next to the name, and they didn't sponsor any playlist with prizes like a Ford truck or whatever.

If that's happened before then I retract my statement.

The way I see it is that without Virgin, there would be no big tournament right now. You can say MLG would have had one but it's not a guarantee. Plus, if MLG does have one, who benefits? The players do. Any excuse to get people playing in big organised settings the better.

The truck is a gimmick but for a lot of people it shows a sort of commitment to the cause. Having some prize is better than no prize at all. Sure, for the first one, the settings are kinda iffy and what not but at least it is something. Would MLG have sponsored a prize? I don't think so.

As long as there is support for the community I believe that the community can, in turn, make that support better focused. If Virgin starts having higher skilled tourneys? Fantastic. Let's not shoot them down for trying to get everyone involved for the first one.

Plenty of sports and esports alike have tournaments sponsored by big companies. So much so that SC2 is saturated with them. Halo has a chance to be big again. I wanna roll with it.

TCKaos

Well we dont make playlists either sooooo ;)

That makes me wonder, why doesn't anyone here start making gametypes, with the weapons and balance you people want? Too busy complaining about it im guessing?

Because you can't nerf or buff weapons using the tools the game provides. What the majority of HaloGAF wants, if I've been understanding everything properly, is something like:

• Nerfed DMR
  • Nerfed Plasma Pistol/removal from loadouts
  • Nerfed Plasma Grenades/removal from loadouts
  • Nerfed Boltshot/removal from loadouts
  • Buffed Light Rifle
  • Buffed Carbine
  • Buffed Battle Rifle
  • Buffed Magnum (potentially)
  • Nerfed Active Camo
  • Nerfed Promethean Vision
  • Further nerfed Jetpack
  • The ability to remove Sprint
  • The ability to ban certain AAs from loadouts
  • The ability to ban certain Tactical Packages from loadouts
  • The ability to ban certain Support Upgrades from loadouts
  • Specialization Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades as selectable options in Custom Games.
  • The ability to have Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades (including those from specializations) as base traits.
  • 1 Flag Capture the Flag
  • Assault
  • Overhaul to the Global Ordnance system that results in said Ordnance being cyclical as opposed to random.

Out of that list, you can:

• Remove Plasma Pistol from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • Remove Plasma Grenades from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • Remove Boltshot from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • Remove Sprint (provided you use third party content created by hackers against Microsoft's ToS).
  • The ability to ban certain AAs from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • The ability to ban certain Tactical Packages from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • The ability to ban certain Support Upgrades from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • 1 Flag Capture the Flag (given you glitch one flag under the map in Forge)
  • Overhaul to the Global Ordnance system that results in said Ordnance being cyclical as opposed to random (given that you opt to rework the entire system in Forge, which in and of itself isn't entirely difficult).

Then there's further issues with the playlists themselves, such as there being no Free-For-All playlist other than Regicide, King of the Hill and Extraction being hidden behind a DLC paywall (despite both being playable without DLC and KotH being required for armor pieces and commendations), the lack of Big Team Objective and the lack of a Grifball playlist despite having a dedicated Grifball gametype that replaced Assault.

We can do what we can, but what we want and/or need is much more than what we can do alone. Cooperation from 343i in the form of a TU that would at the very least allow us to nerf/buff weapons/AAs/TPs/SUs in custom games would be great. The ability to increase or decrease weapon damage and magazine capacity on a weapon-by-weapon basis and the ability to ban AAs/TPs/SUs would be fantastic. They wouldn't have to modify matchmaking and we could get virtually everything we wanted in customs.

Yep. When searching for games you cant even move the cursor on the network page. Thats a pain in the ass.
Maybe it was mucking with things under the hood? Maybe leading to more bad JIP experiences or imbalanced team starts?

Dunno. Hard to know without knowing the details of the matchmaking system, but its a decent possibility if you were making those changes mid-search.

GhaleonEB

I assume everyone in here has a copy of Halo 4. But I'm going to offer mine up in the "Free to a good home" thread at some point this weekend. Thought I'd mention it.

TCKaos

I assume everyone in here has a copy of Halo 4. But I'm going to offer mine up in the "Free to a good home" thread at some point this weekend. Thought I'd mention it.

bigbosscryingsalute.gif

I'm sad to hear that. Good luck to you on your new gaming adventures.

Because you can't nerf or buff weapons using the tools the game provides. What the majority of HaloGAF wants, if I've been understanding everything properly, is something like:

• Nerfed DMR
  • Nerfed Plasma Pistol/removal from loadouts
  • Nerfed Plasma Grenades/removal from loadouts
  • Nerfed Boltshot/removal from loadouts
  • Buffed Light Rifle
  • Buffed Carbine
  • Buffed Battle Rifle
  • Buffed Magnum (potentially)
  • Nerfed Active Camo
  • Nerfed Promethean Vision
  • Further nerfed Jetpack
  • The ability to remove Sprint
  • The ability to ban certain AAs from loadouts
  • The ability to ban certain Tactical Packages from loadouts
  • The ability to ban certain Support Upgrades from loadouts
  • Specialization Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades as selectable options in Custom Games.
  • The ability to have Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades (including those from specializations) as base traits.
  • 1 Flag Capture the Flag
  • Assault
  • Overhaul to the Global Ordnance system that results in said Ordnance being cyclical as opposed to random.

Out of that list, you can:

• Remove Plasma Pistol from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • Remove Plasma Grenades from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • Remove Boltshot from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • Remove Sprint (provided you use third party content created by hackers against Microsoft's ToS).
  • The ability to ban certain AAs from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • The ability to ban certain Tactical Packages from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • The ability to ban certain Support Upgrades from loadouts (given that you allow only gametype specific loadouts).
  • 1 Flag Capture the Flag (given you glitch one flag under the map in Forge)
  • Overhaul to the Global Ordnance system that results in said Ordnance being cyclical as opposed to random (given that you opt to rework the entire system in Forge, which in and of itself isn't entirely difficult).

Then there's further issues with the playlists themselves, such as there being no Free-For-All playlist other than Regicide, King of the Hill and Extraction being hidden behind a DLC paywall (despite both being playable without DLC and KotH being required for armor pieces and commendations), the lack of Big Team Objective and the lack of a Grifball playlist despite having a dedicated Grifball gametype that replaced Assault.

We can do what we can, but what we want and/or need is much more than what we can do alone. Cooperation from 343i in the form of a TU that would at the very least allow us to nerf/buff weapons/AAs/TPs/SUs in custom games would be great. The ability to increase or decrease weapon damage and magazine capacity on a weapon-by-weapon basis and the ability to ban AAs/TPs/SUs would be fantastic. They wouldn't have to modify matchmaking and we could get virtually everything we wanted in customs.

Ya the nerfed custom options i find very stupid. I really didnt expect that considering Bungie constantly gave us more and more.

But you can somewhat nerf weapons by playing with the health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom