• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
A broken IE10 is worth the Gold subscription alone, good sir
Xbox IE is not IE 10.

Which makes no sense obviously.
I think their "Super HD" is just high-bitrate 1080p. Also, Netflix Xbox maxes out at 720p, only stuff from MS's video store can actually display in 1080p native.

There's probably a good reason why even though MS had console Netflix first, the Wii now has the majority of Netflix users on consoles (over 50%)

Looks like my 360 thinks all my OXbox GonD games are corrupt. It also corrupted one of my RB albums. I hope my 360 didn't just decide to suicide :(

This still blows my mind every time I read it. Everyone I know uses their Xbox to watch Netflix, everyone I know that has a Wii has never even connected it to the internet.

We pretty much had Valve reveal their Steambox, but I think an official Xbox announcement is still ways off.

Steambox doesnt interest me too much right now, I do want to know what they have planned for biometrics though.

I generally like being a late adopter with new consoles, so im not too excited which is good because by the time I pick up a next gen console hopefully I can get the one with the best exclusives. MGS and Halo where always the games that tore me because I love both series but now that MGS seems to be going multi platform and im less interested in Halo that really opens things up. Next gen will be interesting for sure.

This still blows my mind every time I read it. Everyone I know uses their Xbox to watch Netflix, everyone I know that has a Wii has never even connected it to the internet.
Just way more people with Wii's. What my coworkers (who don't game) are currently using their Wii for.
It made more sense when they had party viewing.
Or when other devices didn't really have it.
Not it has not only a poor app, but a paywall too.

It also means you can't play GFW titles and have your significant watching Netflix on Xbox either if ye have the one Gold account.

ElRenoRaven

Just way more people with Wii's. What my coworkers (who don't game) are currently using their Wii for.

Or when other devices didn't really have it.
Not it has not only a poor app, but a paywall too.

It also means you can't play GFW titles and have your significant watching Netflix on Xbox either if ye have the one Gold account.

I use my WII U for Amazon Prime streaming since I don't use Netflix. The only downside to using the WII U to stream stuff is that the controller stays on the whole time you're streaming which drains the battery quickly. I'd rather it go into a standby mode after a bit.

I use my WII U for Amazon Prime streaming since I don't use Netflix. The only downside to using the WII U to stream stuff is that the controller stays on the whole time you're streaming which drains the battery quickly. I'd rather it go into a standby mode after a bit.

PS3 controllers do that as well, which is obviously not ideal for watch Netflix or media in general.

You can turn off the PS3 controller by holding the Home button

True, but still cumbersome by having the pop up to turn it off. The 360 control will time or, or you can easily pull the pack and put it back in once you hit play, turning off the controller. The 360 controller is definitely the most convenient to use for viewing Netflix, Amazon Instant, HBO, etc. Also, if you have a Kinect, you can just tell it for pause or something else if need be.

Of course, the Netflix app on the 360 has been shitted up once they made everything instant play instead of being able to look through all the episodes of a show. I guess that change isn't a big deal for people that primarily watch films, but as someone that primarily watches shows on Netflix, it is very annoying.

True, but still cumbersome by having the pop up to turn it off. The 360 control will time or, or you can easily pull the pack and put it back in once you hit play, turning off the controller. The 360 controller is definitely the most convenient to use for viewing Netflix, Amazon Instant, HBO, etc. Also, if you have a Kinect, you can just tell it for pause or something else if need be.

Of course, the Netflix app on the 360 has been shitted up once they made everything instant play instead of being able to look through all the episodes of a show. I guess that change isn't a big deal for people that primarily watch films, but as someone that primarily watches shows on Netflix, it is very annoying.

It is very annoying. Also how just highlighting a show starts the preview.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Cliffy B just got a brand new Lambo. Frank what do YOU drive? Lol

Edit: omg its the Aventador 8========D~~

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I consider Halo a lost cause at this point...Gears is good but I don't know if it will have a big presence on the next Xbox. I may go PC/Steambox next gen.

I think MS has been cutting their first party 360 exclusives and pushing them to next gen.

I've been away from GAF for a few weeks, and I'm not optimistic but have I missed anything grand?

-Has there been any statement from 343i as to whether or not we'll ever get a Campaign Theater?
-Any word on fileshare actually doing anything?

So next gen..the big question for me is whether or not the Xbox will have any good exclusives left.

Not a bulldog fan but seeing as how this is speedrunGAF/dogGAF

As good as some PS games look, I'll never get the hang of that arcaic controller. Hopefully they update it for PSnext. 360 controller suits me just fine. Hopefully they don't change it much for Xbox next. It's a weird parameter for console adoption, I know. Oh and I'm def getting Halo 5, eh's a cool guy.

As good as some PS games look, I'll never get the hang of that arcaic controller. Hopefully they update it for PSnext. 360 controller suits me just fine. Hopefully they don't change it much for Xbox next. It's a weird parameter for console adoption, I know. Oh and I'm def getting Halo 5, eh's a cool guy.

In terms of shape, layout, spacing, and weight I think the 360 controller is damn near perfect.

Overdoziz

Banned
I've been away from GAF for a few weeks, and I'm not optimistic but have I missed anything grand?

-Has there been any statement from 343i as to whether or not we'll ever get a Campaign Theater?
-Any word on fileshare actually doing anything?
I would honestly be surprised if they patch in Campaign/Spartan Ops theater. Don't think we've really heard anything other than a vague "we're working on it" comment about it from what I recall.

kylej

Banned
Cliffy picked up an Aventador? So that's why the guys up top are leaving. Thank you TenCent. Curious what his payout was and how he's going to invest it...

8ubj7.png

omg omg omg

C1clx.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
Come on now, calm it, we all know how good Bungie are at trolling.

I mean did you see Reach?

=(

I had just clicked back to the tab to refresh it, and the most exciting error has appeared. I don't think I've ever been so excited to see an Internal Server Error before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom