• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

RoKKeR

25275.jpg

Oh, but that's the beauty of it all. Because I don't play the game anymore (aside from giving it another chance here and there), I don't have to adapt.

Yeah, I'm firmly in the Juices/Dax camp of "the only way for Halo fans to win at Halo 4 is to not play". There are so many better games and just flat out better uses of my time. Its sad, because I miss playing with you guys, but it feels silly to "put up with" something that's supposed to be fun.

Yeah, I'm firmly in the Juices/Dax camp of "the only way for Halo fans to win at Halo 4 is to not play". There are so many better games and just flat out better uses of my time. Its sad, because I miss playing with you guys, but it feels silly to "put up with" something that's supposed to be fun.

Try the Forge playlist, it's been fun so far.

Eh. There are Halo fans that enjoy Halo 4. If you don't enjoy the game, don't play it, and if you don't play it, it's a waste to keep complaining about it. It helps no one.

And I'll put reasoning behind it. The maps are too close quarters (they even released a DLC for more of them). The big maps don't even use the extra space that isn't a city. It's like the outside areas of H3's Standoff. The classes are a joke, there needs to be more options like BF2.

The destruction 3.0 was complete marketing bs by DICE, which they mysteriously stopped talking about 3 months before launch because they probably knew how lacking it was to what they said earlier. The campaign rivals CoD's on rails structure. And since BC1, I still feel like I'm running underwater the whole time with that engine.
-There is a nice mix of maps, both large and small. The DLC adds excellent maps in each expansion, nicely themed for different styles of play on different scales of maps.
-Class design is wildly better than the BC games in my opinion. Recon in the BC games was fucking stupid, and the Support class in BF3 is great.
-Yeah destruction isn't great, it's a real shame. It's pretty great in B2K and CQ though.
-Yep, campaign sucks. (no BF game has ever had a decent campaign)
- Movement in the new engine is incredible, and so much better than the BC games.
Bad Company 2 is the best military shooter of all time.
Movement, aiming, and shooting mechanics themselves make BF3 an experience that I can and have played much much more than BC2, although it is a great game.

Computer

Eh. There are Halo fans that enjoy Halo 4. If you don't enjoy the game, don't play it, and if you don't play it, it's a waste to keep complaining about it. It helps no one.

But if no one complains how will 343 know that camo, jetpack, insta spawn, bolt shot, DMR, plasma pistol in load outs, sticky grenades in load outs, hard light shield, maps, forge, sprint suck?

Karl2177

So yeah... I like the new Forge lighting system. I don't like how the black screen works in conjunction with the lighting generation. It sends everyone back from the black screen at a different time, and so some people are still rendering lighting while they are dying to players who happened to have it come back first.

Computer

Sprint doesn't belong in Halo.

When I go back to Halo 3 I don't miss sprint at all. I have to get used to not pressing the sprint button but the game plays perfect without it. So why add it into Halo? What do you gain? Bigger maps that everyone hates and people running away when one shot. There is no benefit from sprint at all. It was added because all the cool games are doing it like most everything else.

matthieuC

It's not game breaking.
Halo 2 and 3 did not need dual wielding ;)
I feel like sprint ruins how I want to play. Whenever I have the ability to use sprint in any game I usually find myself mindlessly rushing into battles without any real tactics.

So yeah, I'm definitely against sprint being in Halo

Omni

Sprint doesn't belong in Halo.

Eh.

I have to say, after two games of it... going back to Halo 2/3 feels a little slow. It's not too bad.

I feel like sprint ruins how I want to play. Whenever I have the ability to use sprint in any game I usually find myself mindlessly rushing into battles without any real tactics.

So yeah, I'm definitely against sprint being in Halo

You're against sprint because you're a dumbass?

lol, maybe too harsh. That's not really an excuse to dislike something.

I would like for Sprint to be removed, but I don't think it's game breaking mechanic. Also, Bungie and 343 have really put this series into a corner. Sprint, AA, and ordnance are now embedded into Halo and it will make the next installment feel like a "less" Halo game to the average consumer. Not only do I see them not being removed, but having a larger part next game

Computer

Eh.

I have to say, after two games of it... going back to Halo 2/3 feels a little slow. It's not too bad.

You're against sprint because you're a dumbass?

lol, maybe too harsh. That's not really an excuse to dislike something.

Thats what Halo 4 is sprint to the middle kill die repeat.

I would like for Sprint to be removed, but I don't think it's game breaking mechanic. Also, Bungie and 343 have really put this series into a corner. Sprint, AA, and ordnance are now embedded into Halo and it will make the next installment feel like a "less" Halo game to the average consumer. Not only do I see them not being removed, but having a larger part next game

It would be the only game in history that would have a selling point of "the game is new and improved by removing everything we put into the last game."

Defect

Don't worry. 343 will see that Camo was very popular in Halo 4 and make it default for Halo 5.

I'm removing them in the next Halo.

They can nix sprint if they increase the default movement speed way higher than it's ever been in Halo before.

Otherwise, leave it in.

But for the love of fuck, fix stopping-power. Getting hit from the side or behind should not slow down my movement forward.

That would only be the case if Halo 4 was actually popular. It hasn't been enough of a success to imprint it's mechanics as the expectation for what Halo should be. If they ditched ordinance next game, I doubt many people would care.

That said, I think ordinance, AAs, and sprint CAN work, they just need to be rethought and redesigned to take the randomness out of it.

I've already put forward my idea for AAs - assign each AA a distinctive armor type, or at least, a base armor size/look that you can customize. I should be able to see a guy at mid-range for a half second and IMMEDIATELY know what AA he's packing. Then I can adjust my tactics accordingly.

Huge fan of sprint, which I'm sure is no surprise. Previous Halo movement felt like a slog.

Camo can fuck off and die though. Get rid of the invisibility and just make it a motion sensor jammer. Pro lists could keep it as a limited use map pickup.

I've already put forward my idea for AAs - assign each AA a distinctive armor type, or at least, a base armor size/look that you can customize. I should be able to see a guy at mid-range for a half second and IMMEDIATELY know what AA he's packing. Then I can adjust my tactics accordingly.
Or a small icon on the screen next to the player name. But yeah, that'd help a bit. Making all the distinct armor silhouettes would be some work though.

Thank god.

Soon™.

Sprint only bothers me because it limits map design and reduces the amount of interaction between players in combat. Sprinting out of bad situations is a good idea, but it makes the game less exciting and it allows bad decisions in-game to go unpunished.

Madness

Soon™.

Sprint only bothers me because it limits map design and reduces the amount of interaction between players in combat. Sprinting out of bad situations is a good idea, but it makes the game less exciting and it allows bad decisions in-game to go unpunished.

Yes. I also hate sprint because it makes designing maps increasingly harder because you have to factor in the player speed. Not to mention people just use it to rush aimlessly in and out of battle.

But I don't see it ever going away, it's now become a staple in fps games. I remember reading some stats about so many players in call of duty always kept marathon pro on so they could run indefinitely. I bet Frankie could share stats with us and you'd find that mobility is perhaps one of the most used perks for halo 4.

In a game about map control and movement, sprint is important. And if you give people the ability to traverse a map faster, they'll use it.

Top Bottom