• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

u4iX

I understand that and think it's cool that McDonalds is now posting nutrition information (or lack thereof, get it? comedy!) but the product hasn't changed.

And that's ok.

No reasonable human being can possibly say "McDonalds made me fat" because that's not the case. They made themselves fat. I don't think MS should have to say "Don't play 20 hours a day because that might be dangerous" but even then people would still do it.

In fact, your logic dictates MS promotes laziness by having a gaming tournament to begin with by even producing a video game. Are they at fault for general obesity by having a video game department? Of course not. Your logic didn't even dictate that but it wasn't a stretch to extrapolate.

After thinking about this and you seeing my stream of consciousness I can see your points, absolutely, but I think the majority of blame goes on these kids.

Actually the government made them fat because they refuse to acknowledge that calories in/calories out and the Food Guide Pyramid as a method for weight loss is based on a pile of lies in Ancel Keys' 7 Country Study, and that insulin and hormone regulation is the most effective weight loss strategy based on our evolutionary ancestry and biology...

So... Thanks, Obama.

Yea its partly the players fault but certain people have those addictive personalities and the developer should be thinking about this.

You have to be responsible with your carrots. Perhaps that is what they are doing with the credit caps...I dont know.

Hell I know I can get swept into a game and before I know it have put 10-15 hours straight into a game. Mass Effect 1 and Bioshock 1, had me skip classes in college and Reach kept me up a bunch of nights when I should have been sleeping.

Put your name on some healthier food too.

I don't really want to get into this discussion, but there's a difference between McDonalds simply serving unhealthy food and them running a contest in which they give away 100,000 dollars to whoever can eat the most McNuggets in a week.

This is what I was thinking. The Virgin tournament rewarded excessive playtime. Sure it was the kids playing that where at fault but it was a terrible system for a tournament. Unfortunately without any official set up tournament this is the most practical way.

However all of this tourny bullshit that virgin media is doing appeals to a very small fraction of the community. It really is a case of "I never asked for this". People wanted competitive playlists that rewarded ranks for winning now a truck.

IHaveIce

Banned
If if a person is dumb enough to try that and get sad over the ensuing vomiting, heart disease, and general loneliness from smelling like McNuggets forever then Natural Selection will have a new example.

And still both partys would be at fault for doing such a thing, wouldn't they?

Whatever.
I just played a couple of Grifball games, it is fun, goofy stupid fun, but fun.
Now playing some forge community list games.

Aggrotek

And still both partys would be at fault for doing such a thing, wouldn't they?

Whatever.
I just played a couple of Grifball games, it is fun, goofy stupid fun, but fun.
Now playing some forge community list games.

I'm using it to max some commendations. Already finished Hammer, Sword and First Strike. Now I'm working on Revenges, Avengers, and Oddball beat downs.

However all of this tourny bullshit that virgin media is doing appeals to a very small fraction of the community. It really is a case of "I never asked for this". People wanted competitive playlists that rewarded ranks for winning now a truck.
The Virgin thing seems more of a ploy to inflate the statistics for Gold and time spent in Halo 4 for press release fodder. I expect all the "Over 10 gazillion matches were played, and 200 gazillion players killed", etc.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If you run a tournament where you win by playing the most...You can blame people for abusing themselves and you'd be right, but you have to protect players from themselves.

I blame Gamesager.

Gamesager is my idol.

He is the biggest cleanser of them all.

You wanna know why Halos population is so low? You have Gamesager and his gang of goons cleansing kids all day long in any playlist.

The best part is the kids actually legitimately good yet he chooses to gang up with other good kids and crap all over MM. Really can you blame him though, Theres not a single ranked or competitive playlist thats fun in Reach or H4.

Hes like me if I didnt pick my gamer friends from a bad kid web forum. :) No I kid I love you guys.

I can see this whole thing blowing up and Halo 4/343/Microsoft getting even more bad press from it. Seems consistent with how this franchise is being handled unfortunately ;[

And whenever you guys say "Thanks, Obama." I think of this lol:

YJz22.png

Barlow change your name back!

Everyone believes in gov't safety nets. The debate is always on when a safety net becomes a hammock.

You'd be surprised.

About to get on some Halo if anyone wants to play. Down for anything, especially this sexy new Grifball ;]

Overdoziz

Banned
Gamesager is my idol.

He is the biggest cleanser of them all.

You wanna know why Halos population is so low? You have Gamesager and his gang of goons cleansing kids all day long in any playlist.

The best part is the kids actually legitimately good yet he chooses to gang up with other good kids and crap all over MM. Really can you blame him though, Theres not a single ranked or competitive playlist thats fun in Reach or H4.

Hes like me if I didnt pick my gamer friends from a bad kid web forum. :) No I kid I love you guys.
oZdxtvA.png

2eklERA.png

Never Forget

One of my best memories in recent Halo gaming is shitting on kids with Kyle and Juices (and i think devo). I pulled that team down but it was still fun.

5 of my goals for Reach:

- Turkey (3 perfections in a row) , done
- Invincible, done
- Perfect game 75-0, done on Asylum SS, so we created the...
- Pentafection, 5 player perfection, SO CLOSE, Come back Squad Slayer!
- Inheritor, close, may finish sometime soon.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If anyone wants to help me run some 2v2 matches please send me a message

GT: TashiGAF

I need some help.

Tawpgun

Cleansing in Squad Slayer was one of the best experiences in the Franchise. Almost made up for Reach being bad in every other aspect.

Rev3rb

Just played my first game of H4 Grifball...

You start to really hear the growl in the announcer's voice when he says "Grifball" 5 times.

Enjoyed episode 7, the new locales, the mission structure etc.

Enemy placements and engagements need to be tightened up, but it's a step in the right direction I think.

Above all, what I enjoy the most, is the new music and the variations of pieces we have already heard. The music on the second chapter was just soooooo good.

Fuchsdh

Enjoyed episode 7, the new locales, the mission structure etc.

Enemy placements and engagements need to be tightened up, but it's a step in the right direction I think.

Above all, what I enjoy the most, is the new music and the variations of pieces we have already heard. The music on the second chapter was just soooooo good.

I've definitely noticed the music much more (and more positively) than in campaign. Don't mix your composers to death 343i!

Karl2177

Maybe it's just becoming harder to please me in single player encounters, but episode 7 was definitely taking steps backwards. The big things that stand out to me are the encounters where I had to close a bunch of doors in the engine room(?). But in order to get to them, I have to fight an almost endless wave of enemies. The opening encounter on Infinity is pretty poor as well. Placing the enemies in an easily defend-able position and spawning the player in a killing field is pretty terrible.

When Miller came on the radio saying "Clear this room of bad guys and get to the server room" I shook my head asking to myself why I wouldn't just run to the server room. I tried it, but the door remained shut until I cleared the room of enemies. Giving an alternative to combat is a good thing. Plus it means that I don't have to deal with how awful Prometheans are to fight. (Seriously, the animation invincibility bug is still there. Can we get that squashed in the TU?)

I actually enjoyed a bit of the first mission where I could run through and just shoot the shield generators. That is until they said they were dropping off a Mantis, and the only thing I got a waypoint for was an AR that they also dropped. On that note, the single player encounters have really gone overkill on the waypoints. Is there not a prioritization for these things? Example being that I'm stuck in an area and I have no idea where to go. The highest priority for the waypoints would be to get me back on the right path, step by step. The lowest priority at that point is the enemy at the end of the level that I have to kill.

Top Bottom