• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

zap

Had a game last night with that guy who was trying to cheese the Infinity Challenge, Pollero Humedo. (The one Ninja showed on stream)

He was terribad, went -16 and played like a total idiot. It was almost as if he was feeding kills to the other team..

What does it say for the Infinity Challenge if he wins the truck?

I'm sure Frankie and other 343i employees have said Virgin Gaming will weed the cheaters out and only legitimate entries will be taken.

Putting Reach's TU playlists under the 'Evolved' tab in the matchmaking menu was such a baffling decision. So was calling the TU Slayer list Super Slayer.

Current Super Slayer population: 8.

And there's not even enough people in the Multi Team list to fill up one match, lol.
TU minus health pack glitch was great. Implementation? Fucking terrible. Go all in, don't half ass it. Have a little faith in your TU even if it ain't your game. Don't try to appease everyone and in turn make the experience worse for everyone.

Omni

I dunno, in part it was the weird acceleration that causes me to over and undershoot constantly when finetuning, but the game seemed to have a bias for cardinal directions. It made it feel like an Etch-A-Sketch as diagonal movement never felt smooth, it seemed more effective to just adjust my x-axis then y-axis instead. Like using a mouse with heavy angle snapping to aim, if you know what I mean.

Despite adding the best control scheme in the series, I've never had so much struggle just regularly aiming as I did with 3. Play a lot of Reach and 4 then go back to 3 and you might see what I mean.

Ahh okay. Never really noticed... though admittedly I haven't played in a while.

If there's one thing that gets me incredibly frustrated in this game, it's camo snipers. Nine times out of ten they're usually really bad and the only way they can kill you is to go invisible so they get the first shot or two off. Complete garbage. I want to just slap whoever uses it.

How 343i didn't find AC overpowered is beyond me. It really is.
If it's not removed/ nerfed in the TU I'm going to cry.

FyreWulff

TU minus health pack glitch was great. Implementation? Fucking terrible. Go all in, don't half ass it. Have a little faith in your TU even if it ain't your game. Don't try to appease everyone and in turn make the experience worse for everyone.

The TU should just be made global. With the lone change that sword clash is restored across the board.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Bobs thinks the thrusters looks like a spartan having an enema.

That is all.

Also, welcome Mix, nice to see you babe.

JojoL.jpg

Love Stalker

Shadders

I'm sure Frankie and other 343i employees have said Virgin Gaming will weed the cheaters out and only legitimate entries will be taken.

And as if by magic, they've updated the leaderboards, removed the cheats and added a message to that effect. :)

Omni

Several times tonight I had people charge at me in a straight line with ARs from the other side of the map. Is it a new craze or something? I almost felt bad killing them.

Havok

Several times tonight I had people charge at me in a straight line with ARs from the other side of the map. Is it a new craze or something? I almost felt bad killing them.
If it was in the last four hours?

SPRAY AND PRAY
TYPE: WAR GAMES
Get 15 kills with an Automatic Loadout Weapon.

I'm all out of snarky comments about challenges. This one isn't restricted to a single match at least, so that's a step in the right direction.

Omni

If it was in the last four hours?

SPRAY AND PRAY
TYPE: WAR GAMES
Get 15 kills with an Automatic Loadout Weapon.

I'm all out of snarky comments about challenges. This one isn't restricted to a single match, at least, so that's a step in the right direction.

Ahhh, that would explain it. I thought it was a little odd :\

Louis Wu

If you have any of the following words/letters in your gamertag, I automatically think negatively of you:

blah blah blah

Think that covers the basis.
I would have left this alone, since it was from last night and 3 pages have gone by, but it was quoted so many times it made me crazy.

You cover bases, like what infielders do in baseball.

FyreWulff

But I read on neogaf.com that it was #1 now.

The only TU changes they should keep are the armor lock and camo nerfs. Just those and I'm fine with global.

You'd probably want to keep them because they were barely there to the point that they might as well not exist.

The camo nerf let you walk a whole 2 feet less across the map before decloaking. AL nerf should have been more, to the point that a single sniper shot should de-AL you. Otherwise it's a waste of grenades or bullets to pop someone out of AL. It's still a "pause button", in their words.

TU Global.

DMR RoF locked lower to lower bloom while maintaining sandbox.
Pistol RoF locked lower to lower bloom while maintaining sandbox. (well, this one is actually possible without another TU)
Camo nerf more.
AL adjustment to make a single sniper shot de-AL someone from full charge.
Restore sword clang.
Make the Halo 1 pistol available outside of the paywall.

Split bullshit like the Reach TU doesn't work and they might as well own it. If Halo 4's TU is split-mode then there isn't enough facepalms in the world

m23

If the Red X's aren't in their TU plans, I don't even know if I'll be playing Halo 4 much longer. Never thought I would stop plying a Halo game so soon after launch. The game, as many of you have already stated has many problems. It is fun at times but it is getting to Reach levels of frustration for me.

The TU I think will give us a sign as to what direction they will be taking, will they be listening to all the feedback we've been providing them? I sincerely hope so.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If the Red X's aren't in their TU plans, I don't even know if I'll be playing Halo 4 much longer. Never thought I would stop plying a Halo game so soon after launch. The game, as many of you have already stated has many problems. It is fun at times but it is getting to Reach levels of frustration for me.

The TU I think will give us a sign as to what direction they will be taking, will they be listening to all the feedback we've been providing them? I sincerely hope so.

The red X is what ended the experience for you?

m23

The red X is what ended the experience for you?

One of many, yes. But that is a really large part of the game for me. I always play in team games, red X's was a huge part of those games. May seem like a minor issue to some people, but for me it is a really large factor.

Halo 4 has its strong points of course, but no red X's along with some other issues have been really ruining the experience for me.

What if they made the Perfection/killing spree challenges only work if you also had to travel a minimum distance of 100m per game?

Or no crouching? :lol

Booties

Banned
Let's face it. If you don't like halo 4 now you're not going to two months from now either. The game is bad, and its not going to turn around and go the way we want. The only thing we can hope for is that 343 cuts the bullshit out or limits it as much as possible, and makes halo 5 better without feeling totally different.

kylej

Banned
one shot = headshot will kill them
absolute = body shot will kill them

you don't hear it much in halo 4 because callouts don't matter in halo 4 because every playlist is a randomized instant respawn FFA BK bonanza

Fracas

#fuckonami
No red X's is one of my biggest issues as well. It really stifles communication. The lack of distinctive features on maps doesn't help either.

Fuchsdh

No red X's is one of my biggest issues as well. It really stifles communication. The lack of distinctive features on maps doesn't help either.
Personally it makes me hug another player closer. In most random games I'd go off and do my own thing unless someone nearby was under attack; especially since ordnance means your allies might have better weaponry I tend to stay closer to watch them.

Speaking of callouts, Halo 4 monumentally failed at the notion. Not only did they remove the death X, but they also removed the HUD compass and the HUD location name.

Shit like this is infuriating because it's an otherwise pretty good game if you could ignore all the careless omissions.

Overdoziz

Banned
Speaking of callouts, Halo 4 monumentally failed at the notion. Not only did they remove the death X, but they also removed the HUD compass and the HUD location name.

Shit like this is infuriating because it's an otherwise pretty good game if you could ignore all the careless omissions.
Two things nobody ever used.

Slow ineffective strafes and movement
Extemely weak weapons
Horrible netcode
Massive amounts of bullet spread
Terrible linear agressive maps
AR starts
Equipment
Sloppy, non-responsive aiming

And the overpowered vehicles (including introducing the fuel rod to the Banshee)
And the grenade spam
And fusion coils like in every corner of the maps... Hanging on the walls even
And the beyond stupid melee lunge
Vehicle hi-jack stuns
Shield doors
Butchering of assault
15 min flag returns

Halo 3 is truly the lowest point in gaming.

Yes. Halo 3 was a watered down Halo 2. Halo 1 and 2 were different but both were amazing games. A lot of people like Halo 3 because it was their first halo title or their first Halo title online. People who experienced H1 and H2 on lan and online know that Halo 3 just wasn't that great.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Halo 3 fo lyfe.

Halo 2 MP is fantastic, but 3 is a tad better imo.

Give me Halo 3 with Reach's netcode, a hitscan BR, and a touch of anti-aliasing, and I'd probably fail college

Two things nobody ever used.

You have to admit it would be a really smart move to add customizable Callout Zones or even Player Trait Zones that list their function on the HUD. It'd be pretty easy to just add more of them and spawn ~5-15 trait zones per map with whatever settings you're using and name them callout locations. I have a feeling it'd be a huge help to MLG if they could go in and manually rename "Rec Room" or "Photoelectric Conduit Unit" to "Red 1" or "Top Mid."

Yeah, the compass can stay or go, though.

My rankings:

Multiplayer: Halo 4 Done Right > Halo 2 = Halo PC > Halo 3 = ODST Firefight > Halo 4 > Anniversary Multi > Halo Reach > Halo CE > Wars
Campaign: Halo 3: ODST > Halo 3's Gameplay = Halo 2's Exploration > Halo 4 > Halo 2's Gameplay = Halo 3's Exploration > Halo CE > Anniversary > Reach > Wars

It would only be helpful if they didn't make text so small and in the corner of the screen. Displaying it in big letters at the bottom of the screen when you die would also help a lot, I think Shadowrun does this too.

You mean like adding it in the middle of the screen and switching weapon information back to top-right? But that's not 343's vision! I don't think I'd feel like I was having as visceral of an experience if they made that kind of change.

Overdoziz

Banned
You have to admit it would be a really smart move to add customizable Callout Zones or even Player Trait Zones that list their function on the HUD. It'd be pretty easy to just add more of them and spawn ~5-15 trait zones per map with whatever settings you're using and name them callout locations. I have a feeling it'd be a huge help to MLG if they could go in and manually rename "Rec Room" or "Photoelectric Conduit Unit" to "Red 1" or "Top Mid."

Yeah, the compass can stay or go, though.
It would only be helpful if they didn't make text so small and in the corner of the screen. Displaying it in big letters at the bottom of the screen when you die would also help a lot, I think Shadowrun does this too.

It would defiantly help new players. I would support that. Thing is 343 doesn't like features.

i didn't know there was a compass
I could use a compass and a map in Halo 4 like in Zelda because the maps are too big and everything looks the same.

Top Bottom