• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Nowise10

Do you earn xp playing Spartan ops split screen not in matchmaking? I couldn't tell if I was earning any last night when I was trying Spartan ops for the first time.

You get like a max of 350 XP or so from playing Spartan Ops as a Custom game, but about 9000 XP if you play it in Matchmaking.

So doubles is nice and all, but will they/ when will they include Multi Team? 2v2v2v2v2? Or 3v3v3v3 like in Reach? That is great fun.

3v3v3v3

When I'm in a 2-player lobby, we never choose Multi-team over Doubles. If we have 3 players, there is a playlists for us. The same goes for 4. It's a nice balance.

Jailbreak via evasi0n. It's dead simple to do and if things go wrong you can pretty much just restore from a backup, so it's not a serious threat to your phone.

Once I'm done with it I'll prolly post the resources here and HBO so people can use it if they want.

Forgot to jailbreak my iPad and updated to 6.1 :[

Looks cool though. Hopefully they have a simple jailbreak soon unless I just couldn't find one.

I think they learned their lesson

in4KWEtFHMUNl.png

Probably the first time I said wow this generation (I played Bioshock after H3). Dat scale.

The above and the atmosphere in Bioshock and Dead Space will probably be the most defining aspect of this current gen for me.

Overdoziz

Banned
I just ran into a modder in Reach MLG called Sean Iz Known. He was jumping around, firing his DMR with unlimited ammo getting sniper headshots on people he wasn't even aiming at. I quit out after I dided the first time and figured out that he was modding. Turns out that my team actually ended up winning the KotH game and that the modder strangely enough didn't get more than the three kills that he had gotten while I was still in the game. Maybe he quit out or something.

Film clip.

Match statistics (Isn't loading for me at the moment).

But wasn't Halsey alive during the re-terraforming and rebuilding of Reach? She was giving that speech how we won't forget Noble-Six and his sacrifice. That was like 30+ years after halo event.

So how could they kill her now? And why would they kill her now as she is one of the most popular characters. I'd rather Majestic take out Palmer, the character almost no one likes/tolerates.

it could be completely retconed because it looks like 343i doesnt want to follow Bungie's lore and put their own characters and lore.

Isn't she going to be super badass the next cinematic?

Finally?

She puts her helmet, thats something I guess.

Probably the first time I said wow this generation (I played Bioshock after H3). Dat scale.

The above and the atmosphere in Bioshock and Dead Space will probably be the most defining aspect of this current gen for me.

If you've enjoyed the atmosphere in Bioshock, I recommend to try out Metro 2033. Very similar on how they capture the atmosphere in the game.

it could be completely retconed because it looks like 343i doesnt want to follow Bungie's lore and put their own characters and lore.

Yup, these are trying times for Halo fans. I can't wait for this transitional period to feel cemented already because what I feel now is a little betrayed.. lol dramatic I know but RIP Mk.V

Sometimes i wish i had a JTAG'd xbox.

Oh look, this guy! Where have YOU been?!

Camo needs to be changed into an ordnance drop with the same weighted percentage as Incinerator Cannon, Sniper, and Rockets.

This crouching camo bullshit is insane.

This.

Of all the nonsense in IS this is the worst. People just waiting for you to turn a corner and boltshot you. At least you can see the Jetpackers. Camo should be removed all together. Especially since removing it has no impact on the game at all.

Make boltshot an ordnance drop and I am fine with it.

J10

Banned
But wasn't Halsey alive during the re-terraforming and rebuilding of Reach? She was giving that speech how we won't forget Noble-Six and his sacrifice. That was like 30+ years after halo event.

So how could they kill her now? And why would they kill her now as she is one of the most popular characters. I'd rather Majestic take out Palmer, the character almost no one likes/tolerates.

That could have been Cortana talking (assuming she isn't actually gone, or she is but comes back later).

Yup, these are trying times for Halo fans. I can't wait for this transitional period to feel cemented already because what I feel now is a little betrayed.. lol dramatic I know but RIP Mk.V

Oh look, this guy! Where have YOU been?!

Floating in the Blind Eternities.

but mostly Job hunting and THC.

Have i missed anything important?

wwm0nkey

At some point in the future I would really love to see a Planetside 2 like Halo game. I mean we have 3 factions now and more than enough vehicles.

Gui_PT

So does anyone here actually enjoy playing Spartan Ops?

I want to play through the episodes but not by myself. Would anyone be interested?

So does anyone here actually enjoy playing Spartan Ops?

I want to play through the episodes but not by myself. Would anyone be interested?

Episode 1 to 4 are boooring to play, let me check if my friends wants to help unless you dont like to hear spanish nonsense and screams.

DeadNames

Banned
As much hate that Reach gets, I think it still had some great eye candy.

I agree. Reach really was a masterpiece.

The music, the setpieces, the skyboxes, the sounds (for the most part), and the voice acting were all really good.

If it's MP didn't have bloom, AAs, and nuke grenades, it would probably be the best Halo to date.

I was only talking about the Spartan IVs. I love Halsey. Lasky and Roland are the best new character additions. Jul is an interesting character but I think it was a big mistake to keep him only Spartan Ops.

oh yeah. Palmer has a lot in common with Rico.

It reduces flinch. It does not like a big game changer at the first glimpse but it gives big advantages on duels. Believe me.

Stability only has impact when scoped though right?

Floating in the Blind Eternities.

but mostly Job hunting and THC.

Have i missed anything important?

Dependong (decided to leave this typo) on which will I find this as an acceptable excuse.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned that 343 got right was that damn binocular reticle placement. Finally it's placed exactly where your weapon reticle is so you can fake-zoom with weapons like the Railgun.

I've always felt that Sword Base is a broken map. It sucks, because I love the look of it. Probably would have been better if that giant window was not there, as well as a couple other ramps going up.

They could have made small alterations to the remakes to accomodate for AAs. Bungie forged them themselves after all.

Then why didn't they do that for the default maps? I don't really care what Bungie forged up. Those exact maps were going to be made on day 1 anyway by some other guy if they didn't do it. If we're complementing easy Forge remakes as the best maps in Reach, that's pretty sad.

Madness

That could have been Cortana talking (assuming she isn't actually gone, or she is but comes back later).

That makes no sense though. Why would an A.I. with a lifespan of 7 years, be talking about an event she wasn't really a part of 30 years later? Especially since Halsey was integral to Reach, and was present during the game?

The truth probably is, Bungie didn't think Halsey would be vilified the way she is and turn her into a scapegoat for some odd reason and put a hit out on her so they assumed in their vision of the future that with the war with the covenant ended, humanity rebuilds and Halsey would be front row helping humanity rebuild.

wwm0nkey

Well I wont blame bad map play on just AAs actually, have a 3x scope on the DMR is still an awful decision, should have been 2x and no bloom or very little bloom.

Loadouts fucked Halo 4 up because I should not spawn with a 3x scope weapon, that shit should be a weapon pick up. Tested this out on a lockout remake with the no instant spawn/sprint settings and it was glorious.
(If any of the MM team is listening please take the DMR loadout out of Team Throwdown!)

J10

Banned
That makes no sense though. Why would an A.I. with a lifespan of 7 years, be talking about an event she wasn't really a part of 30 years later? Especially since Halsey was integral to Reach, and was present during the game?

The truth probably is, Bungie didn't think Halsey would be vilified the way she is and turn her into a scapegoat for some odd reason and put a hit out on her so they assumed in their vision of the future that with the war with the covenant ended, humanity rebuilds and Halsey would be front row helping humanity rebuild.

Did you read the data pads? There are AIs that have lived hundreds of years. Anything and everything can and probably will be undone.

Woorloog

Banned
Did you read the data pads? There are AIs that have lived hundreds of years. Anything and everything can and probably will be undone.

Those datapads have questionable canoninity... especially since how big retcons they contain. Also, didn't the datapads themselves indicate they maybe someones in-universer ramblings, not actual AI conversation recordings...

J10

Banned
The entirety of Halo 4 has questionable canoninity, especially considering how big the retcons it contains.

Top Bottom