• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Starting tomorrow?

We're focusing on the Spartan Ops finale and matchmaking tomorrow, but soon.

Any word on size or can you not say.

They look small to mid and hopefully that is the case.

2 are small and the third is small to mid size. We definitely agreed with the players that we needed a few more maps in that size range.

EDIT: What Tashi said.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

2 are small and the third is small to mid size. We definitely agreed with the players that we needed a few more maps in that size range.

Is that Sparkcast in the can yet?

Madness

Are you at liberty to tell us what the original sizes of the maps were going to be, before people started to demand more smaller maps?

Also, based on your data collected and the general agreement that Spartan Ops' second half was much better, is there going to be a season 2 or will you save that for the next Halo?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Is that Sparkcast in the can yet?

Hit a slight delay as I has to make a trip home to see the family last week. Should have something up very soon. Planning out the rest of the year and have some cool, designer-commentary focused ideas I'm working on.

Are you at liberty to tell us what the original sizes of the maps were going to be, before people started to demand more smaller maps?

Also, based on your data collected and the general agreement that Spartan Ops' second half was much better, is there going to be a season 2 or will you save that for the next Halo?

Actually I think this pack was always planned to be more focused on locales of this size. As far as your other question, we'll have more info on further Halo-focused content as the year continues. Definitely cool stuff ahead.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hit a slight delay as I has to make a trip home to see the family last week. Should have something up very soon. Planning out the rest of the year and have some cool, designer-commentary focused ideas I'm working on.

Ok cool, thanks.

Actually I think this pack was always planned to be more focused on locales of this size. As far as your other question, we'll have more info on further Halo-focused content as the year continues. Definitely cool stuff ahead.

Halo 4: ODST confirmed.

The inclusion of Installation 03 in Halo 4 seemed like a gigantic tease, however,
if there is a Spartan Ops: Season Two it sounds like it will have to take place somewhere other than Requiem.
I hope so too. I was kind of bummed to only get to see Requiem in SpOps. Personally think SpartanOps can be the perfect combination between expanded universe, the campaign and the books. Anyway, the dropped already big story plots with last episode. I cannot wait to see how the first season concludes.

Calling it right now: Monolith (or whatever the name of the new Forerunner map in this pack is called) is Midship and Lockout's Tron-loving chocolate baby - Lockout's not the real father, though. Midship got knocked up by Epitaph somewhere along the line.

J10

Banned
Is the always-online aspect of Density supposed to have gameplay implications or is it merely DRM? If it can be played solo then how does sharing the game world with other players still factor in?

Rev3rb

Is the always-online aspect of Density supposed to have gameplay implications or is it merely DRM? If it can be played solo then how does sharing the game world with other players still factor in?

They're embracing what Microsoft is doing with the next Xbox.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I already tweeted at a few of them but congrats to 343 for FUD winning best drama series at the Streamys. It was one of my favorite parts of the overall Halo 4 package and a very enjoyable watch, especially with people not into video games.

Toa TAK

Banned
Calling it right now: Monolith (or whatever the name of the new Forerunner map in this pack is called) is Midship and Lockout's Tron-loving chocolate baby - Lockout's not the real father, though. Midship got knocked up by Epitaph somewhere along the line.

What the hell? What station is this soap opera on?

Thermite

I just tried to play some BLOPS 2, but my TV just doesn't allow it, no matter what settings I disable it's still lag city!

Soon, I will return!

Also, I'd be playing the shit out of Path of Exile if it didn't blue screen my PC.

LOL

09Iojfc.jpg

ElRenoRaven

According to several articles it will have gameplay implications. For example as you're playing you will come across others in the world and their actions will affect the world around you.

J10

Banned
According to several articles it will have gameplay implications. For example as you're playing you will come across others in the world and their actions will affect the world around you.

OK, that's what I was hoping the implication was. Now I just want to know the extent of that. Like if I go somewhere someone else has already been, could I find left behind weapons/equipment? Altered scenery? Incomplete mission objectives? Will NPCs talk about other players (people on my friends list)?

Top Bottom