• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

TCKaos

So H2V normally stutters for some reason when I'm trying to aim (like it's gobblin' up some frames or something) but when I'm using FRAPS it's just fine.

So I can record pretty much any game we play and post them online for posterity.

ElRenoRaven

So H2V normally stutters for some reason when I'm trying to aim (like it's gobblin' up some frames or something) but when I'm using FRAPS it's just fine.

So I can record pretty much any game we play and post them online for posterity.

That's odd. I've never had that happen. Is this just in the MP or in both MP and SP?

I tend to use camo almost exclusively as my AA and I move alone but team fire and pay attention to moving using cover, corner peeking, timing from cover to cover to avoid enemies spotting you and of course crouch camo (if you have patience).
I don't like the dog pile that happens to you every time you post, but this right here is behavior that I absolutely abhor and is a shining example why the Camo AA needs to be scrubbed from existence. Camo should always be a pickup related to the other powerful pickups like Overshield, Speed, and Damage Boost. There is absolutely no good reason to have something so powerful as a persistent ability, especially in light of the perk that recharges AA's faster. The same thing can be said about Promethean Vision.

To shift the discussion ever so slightly. Does anyone of the more story oriented people here enjoy Halo 4's story? Personally it was a huge disappointment for me, the possibility for Master Chief to be digital and flesh at the same time is but one example of things that disappointed me.
The Master Chief/Cortana dynamic was done extremely well. Voice acting was far beyond anything else in a Halo game. Outside of that, it played out just like another fairly-forgettable sci-fi story. Not sure what 343's plans are for the rest of the overall story, but revealing Didact so early in the first game was a misstep. Reveal should have been a cliffhanger.

These look awesome. Can't wait. For as much as people bag on SpOps it's a ton of fun to play in co-op.
What magical netcode do you play online with? It's absolutely atrocious for me, every single damn time. I had little to no issues in Reach's Firefight, but SpOps is a virtual guarantee that I'll be viewing a Halo slideshow at some point. Multiplayer is rarely an issue for me, so it's not my connection.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh damn I want Destiny so bad
AAs, perks, vehicle health like Reach, flinch, 3x scope weapons, global ordnance, these CTF changes, custom loadouts, and sprint (I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff): I never want to see them in a Halo game ever again.
Yep.. a shame that they ruined it by theirselves I highly doubt that they can go back now after adding so much shit

JHall

Yep.. a shame that they ruined it by theirselves I highly doubt that they can go back now after adding so much shit

Admittance is the first step towards recovery. 343i needs to admit they took Halo in the wrong direction.

it won't happen

Thanks for the responses on the story. Glad I'm not the only one who didn't like it. Aside from the story being rather run of the mill it just felt too strange to be a Halo story.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Holy hell what is up with every gaming side Halo thread turning into "lulz HaloGAF sux".

There are several logical complaints against Halo 4 in there, but several people just completely disregard it and claim the HaloGAF hivemind loves to hate every Halo except for 2. I don't even. It just stifles discussion and make things unnecessarily hostile.

IHaveIce

Banned
Holy hell what is up with every gaming side Halo thread turning into "lulz HaloGAF sux".

There are several logical complaints against Halo 4 in there, but several people just completely disregard it and claim the HaloGAF hivemind loves to hate every Halo except for 2. I don't even. It just stifles discussion and make things unnecessarily hostile.

Some opinions there are just too funny.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Well lately HaloGaf has given off a harsh vibe. People take notice. In here we know different (well, mostly) but to an outsider coming in here it's just hate everywhere.

Also, avatar quote.

CyReN

H4_SpOps_E6M1_1.jpg

That looks like a good Derelict though..

Really hope the season half isn't bad, my friends and I barley mustered through the first half. It just became a laughing joke towards the end like a bad movie just to see what happens next. This shouldn't happen with Halo.

Really hope the season half isn't bad, my friends and I barley mustered through the first half. It just became a laughing joke towards the end like a bad movie just to see what happens next. This shouldn't happen with Halo.

I didn't even play the last two chapters and just watched the clips. I'm confident I know the story as much as those who played the missions

Gaming side doesn't bother me. They are not Halo fans so they do not understand Halo fans. The ones that like the changes are just casuals that will play the series so long as it has Halo in the title and Chief is the main character.

Even the CGI? because that story was at least for me pretty good and interesting.

I thought the story picked up well in chapters 3, 4, & 5. It got interesting. I just hope it affects the story in Halo 5 in a meaningful way, would be cool.

As for Palmer, if they kill her off in the last episode (or next), all will be forgiven.

Thanks for the responses on the story. Glad I'm not the only one who didn't like it. Aside from the story being rather run of the mill it just felt too strange to be a Halo story.
How do you mean too strange? Like the plot was outside of what we've come to know as a Halo story? I didn't feel that way at all. I just thought that it played like a movie that may get a sequel if it did well at the box office, which obviously wasn't a concern here. If this was supposed to be the first story of a planned trilogy (or whatever), it certainly didn't come across as one.

Please, this thread and most of the others have been full of hostility and negativity for some time now. I don't blame people at all for not wanting to post in here that enjoy the game for fear of being ostracized as an idiot who doesn't get how Halo is supposed to be.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Sorry, the ones who will defend everything 343 ever does mindlessly will play it because it is called Halo.

We still like you Cyclone even if your opinions are bad. haha

I still disagree with your thought. I've posted my giant list of issues with the game, and I do not defend stuff "mindlessly." Ever. When I defend things I post my reasons for doing so. I generally agree with a lot of what people here post, I just have my own spin on it.

So, yeah, let's not put me in that basket.

Also, screw you guys Team Regicide is a blast. :p

We should try to get a lobby going tonight. Reach, 3, 4, I don't care. Just want to play some Halo.

Murder Miners. The 4th best Halo MP title.

I still disagree with your thought. I've posted my giant list of issues with the game, and I do not defend stuff "mindlessly." Ever. When I defend things I post my reasons for doing so. I generally agree with a lot of what people here post, I just have my own spin on it.

So, yeah, let's not put me in that basket.
I wasn't saying that you defended it mindlessly. I was joking that despite the fact that you like game you're still a part of HaloGAF. Actually I was saying that you don't mindlessly defend it but rather the casuals (one of which you are not) defend it mindlessly.

Coux

Neo Member
Well lately HaloGaf has given off a harsh vibe. People take notice. In here we know different (well, mostly) but to an outsider coming in here it's just hate everywhere.

It certainly has curbed me coming here as much. I have to deal with it enough on Waypoint.

Louis Wu

This place has become too toxic for me. I think I'll let biggy find GAF-generated news going forward; I don't have the energy to wade through the vitriol to find the good stuff.

Definitely won't make a huge change around here; I hardly post any more anyway... but for folks who are surprised by the attitude this group gets from other parts of GAF, you should understand that as someone who used to come here for the high level of discussion, things have degraded a LOT in recent months.

See ya starside.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Murder Miners. The 4th best Halo MP title.

I wasn't saying that you defended it mindlessly. I was joking that despite the fact that you like game you're still a part of HaloGAF. Actually I was saying that you don't mindlessly defend it but rather the casuals (one of which you are not) defend it mindlessly.

Ah, my bad then. :)

EDIT: No! Not Wu! Not like this! See guys, see what hate does?

senador

Banned
Gaming side doesn't bother me. They are not Halo fans so they do not understand Halo fans. The ones that like the changes are just casuals that will play the series so long as it has Halo in the title and Chief is the main character.

So like, us?

That is a dumb argument. I know what you are trying to say, but you said it dumbly. Dumb.

CyReN

This place has become too toxic for me. I think I'll let biggy find GAF-generated news going forward; I don't have the energy to wade through the vitriol to find the good stuff.

Definitely won't make a huge change around here; I hardly post any more anyway... but for folks who are surprised by the attitude this group gets from other parts of GAF, you should understand that as someone who used to come here for the high level of discussion, things have degraded a LOT in recent months.

See ya starside.

:(

senador

Banned
I won't be purchasing Halo 5 unless things change with this title.

Good.

See ya starside.

Well fuck. This is sad news. Honestly though, I'm surprised more haven't done similar. I've been busy, but its largely why I haven't been around too. I think you leaving will make make a difference. I liked what you brought to the table Wu. You are always a voice of reason.

I need to make more of an effort to read or hang out at HBO.

ElRenoRaven

See ya starside.

And the great Halogaf schisim deepens. :(

Members of both sides falling by the wayside. It's a sad sad day. I just wish that despite everyone's differences we could all still come together in our love of the franchise be it older content in the franchise or even newer content. Sadly it looks like we can't. RIP HaloGaf

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

See ya starside.

:'(

See ya starside.
This is it. This makes me sad. :( Really sad.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What gets toxic is the extensive sugarcoating done on a daily basis. It's getting better now though.

Have you read this thread? It is way more tipped to the negative side than the positive. Is it balancing out from pre-launch? Maybe, but 90% of the talk in here is how Halo 4 sucks (with reasons).

See ya starside.

There's nothing to talk about though. We know nothing about the TU. MLG has dropped Halo 4, so there went a significant part of the community. This Virgin Tournament thing is boring as shit and it's all for a truck that the winner is going to sell. The rotational playlists is causing more anger towards 343 because they're basically teasing us with great playlists while keeping ones we don't like in.

If MLG didn't drop Halo 4 because of the Virign Tournament, I feel like the Halo community will be different everywhere. The H4 MLG gametypes look very promising and even better than Reach's MLG. I'm just getting tired of seeing the 'what if' rather than what's actually happening.

GhaleonEB

AAs, perks, vehicle health like Reach, flinch, 3x scope weapons, global ordnance, these CTF changes, custom loadouts, and sprint (I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff): I never want to see them in a Halo game ever again.
This is basically my list for giving Halo 5 a shot.

Top Bottom