• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

I guess this is a bad time to mention I'm EazyB?

I was Zee-V70 first for fuck's sake. E Z?

rip in peace you magnificent pink pilot bastard you

Fuck Forge. Items limits are bullshit. I craft a fucking 3rd of a 4v4 5v5 arena map I had sketched up and I'm out of blocks.

Next gen either get rid of lego limits or give me a full map editor. Some serious bullshit.

orznge

Banned
I don't like the idea of reducing aim assist over range, I never have. Halo CE didn't do it, but because the aim assist and magnetism mechanics weren't stupidly easy, and you had to lead your shots, it still took skill to land shots consistently. The aim assist and magnetism in Halo games post Halo CE (outside of Halo 3, which was just sloppy) needed to be toned down and reworked. It's just too damn easy to aim in Halo 4, the aiming mechanics need to be changed overall, not just at different ranges.

I think it is too jarring for their to be an aim assist drop off at a certain range, or needing to scope in to get back your aim assist. In Halo CE, zooming in with the Pistol was for the most part, unnecessary, and actually worse than just being unzoomed and shooting. You could cross map people consistently because the aim assist didn't change its values at medium to long ranges, only at extremely long ranges, where there was none. But, you still had to lead your shots intelligently and aim properly with CE's smooth and consistent, yet skill based aim assist and magnetism. Shadowrun does the same thing with its aiming mechanics, because it is based off the Halo CE engine, and it works beautifully, just like it does in Halo CE.

actually the pistol was incredibly overpowered and every single person who ever played CE consistently 3-shotted people in moving warthogs across Blood Gulch

Fuck going from Doubles Pro to Infinity is a rude awakening. This game is so frustrating with any degree of lag. GGs Karl 'n' Booties.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I guess this is a bad time to mention I'm EazyB?

I was Zee-V70 first for fuck's sake. E Z?

rip in peace you magnificent pink pilot bastard you

EazyB: Oh I see, I find it offensive that I'd still be posting in a Halo thread in the year 2013

:lol

EazyB: Oh I see, I find it offensive that I'd still be posting in a Halo thread in the year 2013

Believe it or not I've actually never talked to the guy. I like to think we'd get along what with our mutual appreciation of Tarasque-class fighter armor and Brute Choppers.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Believe it or not I've actually never talked to the guy. I like to think we'd get along what with our mutual appreciation of Tarasque-class fighter armor and Brute Choppers.

No.

Anyway, I need helping testing some doubles stuff. Message me if you'd like to participate...

GT: TashiGAF

Nebula

DMR is the route of all evil.

Microsoft should have 343 make Halo 5, then hand it to some random forum users on GAF and tell them to edit some settings. Then release a Halo 5 "beta" with these settings and see how the community reacts. Then from these reactions they can change Halo 5.

Never going to happen, but if it did and people loved it...

If you want to bitch about aim assist, lets talk about the beam rifle.

That weapon is near Revenant side seat levels of bullshit.

HTupolev

If you want to bitch about aim assist, lets talk about the beam rifle.
I have trouble sniping with it compared with the other two snipers, but noscopes and other such close-range silliness is absurdly easy. I actually quite like getting it as ordnance on Skyline.

Predictions for possible upcoming Halo Content.

1. Spartan Ops Season 2
2. ODST 2
3. Halo 2: Anniversary
4. Halo Wars 2
5. Halo 5 (Confirmed)
6. Halo Movie (Bigscreen, Web Series, or Animated)
7. Another Spinoff
8. Halo: The Fall of Reach video game
9. Halo 3 & Reach Anniversary lol HD Remake of Swordbase with Infinity Gametype.
10. Halo: Forge Online

Predictions for possible upcoming Halo Content.

1. Spartan Ops Season 2 (happening but despite being better than S1 will have poor sales)
2. ODST 2 (after halo 5)
3. Halo 2: Anniversary (Xbox 720 title maybe a E3 reveal)
4. Halo Wars 2 (never)
5. Halo 5 (Confirmed) (its coming we wont see anything till late 2014)
6. Halo Movie (Bigscreen, Web Series, or Animated) (nope)
7. Another Spinoff (doubt it )
8. Halo: The Fall of Reach video game (never)
9. Halo 3 & Reach Anniversary lol HD Remake of Swordbase with Infinity Gametype. (joke?)
10. Halo: Forge Online (wat)

My counter predictions in bold

Sai-kun

Banned
Tomb Raider is gorgeous people.

But I can't recommend buying it to be honest, not with Bioshock round the corner.

But it deserves to be played.

I'm about 9 hours into it, and I'd pay full price for it, something which I pretty much try to avoid doing >_>

Goddamn it's a fun game.

So we are pretty much at a dry point for future game releases.

Gears of War Judgement (march
God of War Ascension (6 days)
Injustice Gods Among Us (april)
Remember Me (may maybe)
Bioshock (march)
The Last of Us (june)
Star Trek (april) (no one cares)

That's 6 titles of note in 4 months and the calendar after that is looking fairly weak

GTAIV
CoD
Watch_Dogs
Castlevania
Splinter Cell
Beyond: Two Souls

So we are pretty much at a dry point for future game releases.

Gears of War Judgement (march (lol)
God of War Ascension (6 days) (Didn't enjoy GoW3 all that much, thought it was too over the top, so we'll see with this one. And what gods are left to kill after GoW3?)
Bioshock (march) (Nothing will ever come close to the first and from what I've seen, it looks to be decent. Interesting narrative though.)
The Last of Us (june) (overhyped, but still looking forward to it)
Star Trek (april) (no one cares) <--

That's 6 titles of note in 4 months and the calendar after that is looking fairly weak

GTAIV (Can't wait for GTA IV: San Francisco [Saints Row is more GTA than GTA])
Watch_Dogs So much evidence the demos were scripted. I'll judge this game when people other than the developers get their hands on it)
Splinter Cell (I give this series two more games at most before Ubisoft is in talks of killing it off)

Re: in bold. Every developer is holding back for next-gen and it sucks for us. I know we'll get a lot with next-gen, but I won't be able to play them all after buying a +$400 console. I'll have to settle with 2 (3 games max) for a while.

Who in Halo GAF has Forza Horizons? I need some Rivals to race against.

I try to play every week for an hour or two. Will probably play some tomorrow...

FyreWulff

Who in Halo GAF has Forza Horizons? I need some Rivals to race against.

I've had access to it for the past month or two, haven't played it. Loaded the game up, saw the price of the season pass, which caused me to go "no" and dashboard out of the game.

First time a game has dissauded me from playing it because it tried to immediately upsell me on a 40-50$ DLC item.

When I have more time I'd like to try and get into it though

Duji

It makes for some awesome kill streaks, but man at close quarters it's easymode.

How did the beam rifle get past the testing phase? At least one good thing Sage did was remove redundant weapons. 343 completely reverses this, and not only that, but they make the Beam Rifle a WAY better sniper rifle.

And to the person who added aim assist to the weapon while unscoped... why? I swear this is the one decision I will never understand.

I've had access to it for the past month or two, haven't played it. Loaded the game up, saw the price of the season pass, which caused me to go "no" and dashboard out of the game.

First time a game has dissauded me from playing it because it tried to immediately upsell me on a 40-50$ DLC item.

When I have more time I'd like to try and get into it though

Munish seemed to really like it. I got it for $15 during BF so I figured it was time to crack it open.

I think I'm down to 2 Majestic Achievements left-- The pulse grenade one and the assassination while zoomed one. I'm fairly confident the only way I'll ever get the pulse grenade one is by spamming nades on the monolith rocket spawn.

The beam rifle was never redundant, it was able to fire much faster than the human rifle. Way better than the POS Focus rifle.

ah the focus rifle. Now that was an odd addition to the sandbox. Although it seems fairly consistent with the concussion rifle in terms of distracting/disorienting enemies.

DeadNames

Banned
How did the beam rifle get past the testing phase? At least one good thing Sage did was remove redundant weapons. 343 completely reverses this, and not only that, but they make the Beam Rifle a WAY better sniper rifle.

And to the person who added aim assist to the weapon while unscoped... why? I swear this is the one decision I will never understand.

To be fair, the beam rifle doesnt have as much ammo as the human sniper.

m23

Munish seemed to really like it. I got it for $15 during BF so I figured it was time to crack it open.

Great game. The season pass is pretty dumb I guess, but no one should ignore what the game offers in the box. Multiplayer is really fun as well, but like every racer you have to put up with dumb drivers who purposely try to ram you.

I prefer Forza 4 overall, but Horizon is damn worth $15. Whenever I'm online send me an invite if you want, love playing some races online.

Top Bottom