• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Monolith looks a lot like Wizard. I like it.

Also, can we please fight those Forerunners in Halo 5? They look so much more interesting than Prometheans

TheOddOne

Pretty cool stuff happening in the backround on Landfall.

ibzmDecqKCCbe8.gif

i3d3avSVMi2L4.gif

derFeef

A friend of mine and I wanted to finally finish H4. But we are stuck :/
He is a pretty casual player and myself is not very good at conole shooters - but I do love Heroic Halo campaigns.

I can't remember the name of the part right now, but it must be close to the end. It's an area with lot's of Banshees and turrets. There are two Banshees for us in the beginning but we are getting shot down pretty fast - any strategic tips for us? :)

Omni

A friend of mine and I wanted to finally finish H4. But we are stuck :/
He is a pretty casual player and myself is not very good at conole shooters - but I do love Heroic Halo campaigns.

I can't remember the name of the part right now, but it must be close to the end. It's an area with lot's of Banshees and turrets. There are two Banshees for us in the beginning but we are getting shot down pretty fast - any strategic tips for us? :)

Focus on the banshees first. They're so annoying in this game. Then take out the turrets by shooting bombs at them from a distance.

Good lord I cant even watch those kids play. How can people be so terrible? Give GAF players the map pack and let us do the marketing. Its embarassing 343.

I thought i was a terrible gamer but these guys seriously even after 8 failed Boltshot attempts he or she was still using it.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Maps look good enough that I'm not even irked about FFA being exclusive, especially since no instant spawn. Hope its demise in all playlists is imminent.

Anyone know what's the update for?

Shadders

Wouldn't mind getting a party together for the Crimson achievements if anyone is up for it? Tomorrow night? 9pm UK time?

Nebula

Halo needs a 5 second countdown after a host change.

Also screw flinch and the DMR. This playlist is being killed by them.

Nebula

Yeah throwdown can't mask the obvious issues Halo 4 still has overall. Also who keeps calling for no radar? I understand it's great for competitive but for normal play it's too much. I don't want to have to know callouts and be communicating my position and the enemies so much that I barely get a chance to actually speak to my friends. Massive killer for me. Most of the options are right, AA's are where they belong and the map selection seems decent. Extraction was fine also.

No radar is a huge flaw for me though. Flinch needs removing as well. The DMR in loadouts? Why do you keep torturing me 343 :( Decent playlist overall that I am hoping will be improved greatly by the upcoming TU.

Also fuck assassinations. Why do I literally TAP the damn melee button and go into it. People asked for the option to toggle it or turn it off back during Reach. Give us that option please.

heckfu

Banned
Yeah throwdown can't mask the obvious issues Halo 4 still has overall. Also who keeps calling for no radar? I understand it's great for competitive but for normal play it's too much. I don't want to have to know callouts and be communicating my position and the enemies so much that I barely get a chance to actually speak to my friends. Massive killer for me. Most of the options are right, AA's are where they belong and the map selection seems decent. Extraction was fine also.

No radar is a huge flaw for me though. Flinch needs removing as well. The DMR in loadouts? Why do you keep torturing me 343 :( Decent playlist overall that I am hoping will be improved greatly by the upcoming TU.

Also fuck assassinations. Why do I literally TAP the damn melee button and go into it. People asked for the option to toggle it or turn it off back during Reach. Give us that option please.

No radar is one of the, if not the biggest, selling point for me in Throwdown. It eliminates the boltshot almost entirely and camping is less easy. It alleviates most other problems I have with the game and we all had a really good time playing with it tonight.

I understand your complaints as far as a social aspect goes but this is something (although according to twitter and some here it doesn't scratch it all the way) that scratches the itch a lot of competitive-minded players have been begging for.

WJD

New thread time is probably the best time to ask this bearing in mind I haven't played in about 2 months...

Is it fixed yet?

New maps, aesthetically, look very nice, particularly the first two shown in the trailer. What a relief after the brown and grey dirge of the crimson mappack, which was the only pack I hadn't bought since 2007. I'll be buying these, if only because they cater to 4v4.

Can anybody give a definitive answer on whether team throwdown has party matching enabled? They promised it in the early sketches of the playlist settings but it's not mentioned in the latest released settings and I've had a few suspicious matches where the co-ordination of the other team was seemingly too good to be a bunch of randoms.

IHaveIce

Banned
New maps, aesthetically, look very nice, particularly the first two shown in the trailer. What a relief after the brown and grey dirge of the crimson mappack, which was the only pack I hadn't nought since 2007. I'll be buying these, if only because they cater to 4v4.

Can anybody give a definitive answer on whether team throwdown has party matching enabled? They promised it in the early sketches of the playlist settings but it's not mentioned in the latest released settings and I've had a few suspicious matches where the co-ordination of the other team was seemingly too good to be a bunch of randoms.

I definately was matched up against a party yesterday and I was playing alone.

Akai__

Booties you have my money. Where do I need to send it?

---

Also, 343i is just a huge troll-army. Doesn't want to include old vehicles, puts in a Hornet in the background... Daaaaaam you 343!!!

The achievements stipulate that you must be in the Crimson playlist.
I'm not sure it does I think its just badly worded.

I think it's in crimson dlc in matchmaking.

Which is just any of the crimson maps in a match made game fairly sure I grabbed one of the achievements when I was not in crimson playlist

Petrichor

So are all the DLC maps going to look like mundane forge maps with the concept art they're already released hovering in the background?

Which is just any of the crimson maps in a match made game fairly sure I grabbed one of the achievements when I was not in crimson playlist
Yeah, I'm fairly sure that's all it means.

If we could get a full party together someday that would be swell.

Shadders

Oh ok, well that's good. I was sure I should have unlocked one in another playlist, but it didn't pop, so assumed it had to be in the Crimson playlist. It was probably just being flaky.

Top Bottom