• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Trasher

Nice try. Everything I spent on Halo 4 Was bought with money I earned during employment. Previous stuff was bought when i was in a much better financial position than I currently am.

If your had actually bothered to read any of the stuff you posted you would see this since I talk about dates I was made unemployed

Get over yourself trying to shame people on a forum.

Not trying to shame anyone. Just pointing out how much money you have spent on Halo is all. aka a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcqQC02YbY

Not trying to shame anyone. Just pointing out how much money you have spent on Halo is all. aka a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcqQC02YbY

Except the part were you call out my current financial situation then accuse me of blaming the government for my situation implying that my purchases are the reason for my situation. Sure felt like an attempt to shame

I don't see why you even needed to point this out. Because it reinforces that casuals spent less on Halo than me which you said you doubt

Trasher

Except the part were you call out my current financial situation then accuse me of blaming the government for my situation implying that its the reason for my situation. Sure felt like an attempt to shame

I don't see why you even needed to point this out. Because it reinforces that casuals spent less on Halo than me which you said you doubt

That part was actually a mistake. I misread it and thought you said you spent less than a casual gamer. My bad!

I'll leave you with one last bit of advice though. In the words of the great scholar zap, "... bro go easy on spending all those benefit dollars."

CyReN

To think I was about to go to bed..

oh-shit-son.gif

That part was actually a mistake. I misread it and thought you said you spent less than a casual gamer. My bad!

I'll leave you with one last bit of advice though. In the words of the great scholar zap, "... bro go easy on spending all those benefit dollars."

Fine, I can accept that. However the majority of stuff I own has either been gifts or bought with money earned during employment. The only time I ever spent money from benefit on games and related content is when I was in a position where I could without effecting my standard of living. Iv talked about it before and I don't feel like going over it again.

I'm currently unemployed and as one of the links you posted says not claiming benefits due to an inability. I am however still looking for works despite its lack of availability.

Is this all over now?

FyreWulff

So I was in a Forge party earlier with Pete, ducain etc, and ducain and his friend were having issues with KotH hills not appearing.

The previous day I had an issue on a map where a Warthog was preventing the shields in my dominion base from spawning, so I had to move it far away before the shields would actually spawn in first. On a larf, I asked if he had a warthog near where the hill spawned. He said yes. I told him to move it away and try the map again. The hill then properly appeared in the sequence.

... so yeah, the warthog can block a hill from spawning. That seems.. exploitable

Trasher

Fine, I can accept that. However the majority of stuff I own has either been gifts or bought with money earned during employment. The only time I ever spent money from benefit on games and related content is when I was in a position where I could without effecting my standard of living. Iv talked about it before and I don't feel like going over it again.

I'm currently unemployed and as one of the links you posted says not claiming benefits due to an inability. I am however still looking for works despite its lack of availability.

Is this all over now?

That's fine. I'm not asking you too! Just found your first world problems a tad funny was all! At least if you are in a pinch at some point down the line you can sell some hardware to keep you afloat.

It's all over, friend.

When I said casual I just meant my old roommate from college didnt dive into Halo like it was a subject to study he just played and then moved on. Thats why he doesnt have a problem with Halo 4. However the people who do study the game knows what is best in my opinion.

You make the game that would be best for us, then create a system that keeps the good players from the un-learned players and you have the best system. They can play down at their level until they figure out how to do best practices and get better skill-wise.

On a side-note completely unrelated to everything being talked about. Do work son.

And to think I was getting bored of HaloGAF.

We need to have a wolves outing soon, get the old Oddball Swordbase gang back together.

I always forget, are you a wolf or a sheep?

That's fine. I'm not asking you too! Just found your first world problems a tad funny was all! At least if you are in a pinch at some point down the line you can sell some hardware to keep you afloat.

It's all over, friend.

This has already started to a degree.

Did any of that stuff increase in value at all? Stupid Bungie and their "super rare" legendary editions!

Iv only sold a few games to pay one last outstanding bill before it became debt and the value had not increased. I'm not at a point just yet were I need to sell the bigger ticket items I own but consoles and collectors editions are not going to go for higher than the RRP. Some of the artbooks I own will if I ebay them.

Thankfully my rent is up to date I have a few remaining funds to live off but I basically need to find a job within the month or Ill start building debt which I obviously want to avoid.

This is too off topic to discuss here so this is the last ill say on the issue.

FyreWulff

Wait. You tried to say he shouldn't be spending money on stuff, but all the posts clearly show he bought that back before he got into his current situation. So I'm not really understanding the point, here.

FyreWulff

Seriously though, I want to see someone exploit a KotH match by blocking all the hill spawns so the hill keeps coming back to one spot.

nomis

Spoiler alert: people blow money on expensive tchotkes when they have the income to afford it, and then might regret it if they ever become unemployed.

I sure hope I never get laid off, lest I fall under the gaze of N. Gaf, P.I. for having the cat helmet and a few $150 nerd-pack statuettes on my top shelf.

Casual players actually spend more money on Halo than everyone else.

Attempting to quantify and define this would be a fruitless endeavor. I know people who've spent hundreds of dollars on a dozen games, and I know gamers who've spent hundreds of dollars on one or two games. Is either one inherently more or less of a gamer than the other?

I see people link images where they have hundreds of Xbox or DS games, and then I look at my modest 8 each. I see people with all of the consoles, and then I remember a time where the only thing in my living room was a Gamecube. I see people with basements full of arcade machines, and I remember walking to them. I see millions of user-created flash games online, and I remember when there was Pitfall and Doom. I see my little brother asking whining for the iPad to play Temple Run, and I remember begging my parents to buy me a Gameboy.

In the end, it really isn't what you play, how much you pay for it, how long you play it for, or who you play it with. What makes you a gamer rather than a collector or a consumer is whether or not you truly enjoy your time with the craft. We all look at certain games differently and we all have our preferences, but is there really a difference? We want one game to be a certain way, and another person wants it to be another, but the goal for both in the end is to relax and enjoy a break.

I think that's beautiful; It's almost a miracle.

Don't change Halo too much though.

Trasher

Attempting to quantify and define this would be a fruitless endeavor. I know people who've spent hundreds of dollars on a dozen games, and I know gamers who've spent hundreds of dollars on one or two games. Is either one inherently more or less of a gamer than the other?

I see people link images where they have hundreds of Xbox or DS games, and then I look at my modest 8 each. I see people with all of the consoles, and then I remember a time where the only thing in my living room was a Gamecube. I see people with basements full of arcade machines, and I remember walking to them. I see millions of user-created flash games online, and I remember when there was Pitfall and Doom. I see my little brother asking whining for the iPad to play Temple Run, and I remember begging my parents to buy me a Gameboy.

In the end, it really isn't what you play, how much you pay for it, how long you play it for, or who you play it with. What makes you a gamer rather than a collector or a consumer is whether or not you truly enjoy your time with the craft. We all look at certain games differently and we all have our preferences, but is there really a difference? We want one game to be a certain way, and another person wants it to be another, but the goal for both in the end is to relax and enjoy a break.

I think that's beautiful; It's a miracle.

Fi8wch8.png

Don't change Halo too much though.

What does this Shanghai Noon scene have to do with your post? I'm confused.

Duji

Those population numbers. Wow. And I thought Reach being at 90k peak concurrent was bad. Rough times for Halo =/. And Tashi, where be dat KF interview?

Yeah I already watched it earlier. I ask again: what does that scene have to do with your post? What's a miracle?

I meant to emphasize how incredibly diverse the game industry is, and yet each person is able to find something and share some sort of common ground in it. That fascinates me because I see different people play different things or even the same things. There's something for everyone, and I think it should stay diverse like that. Each game should retain its identity.

Perhaps the image was a bit too subtle :/ I'll dial down a bit.

Top Bottom