• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

I mean, if you want to just assume he was being an ass go for it. What an odd stance to take though when all we have is text to go on and he's never been an ass to fans before (that I've seen).

I guess anytime anyone says anything that is remotely sensible towards 343 they are defending them though. I'll try harder to automatically hate them and their employees next time. Sorry Juicy. Forgot you don't believe in benefit of the doubt.

I dont care if he was being an ass or not. I care about results. I do find your white knighting hilarious. I find you caring about 343i employees way too much, its a little weird to be honest.

If Quinn wants to defend himself he can get an account on GAF if he even is reading this crap thread and defend himself. Or he can hop on Bravo's account or tweet something out to someone here. You dont need to defend him, hes a grown up.

AR starts are great, what's wrong with it?

Sarcasm?
Thing is, we arent getting a Legedary Slayer playlist with the no ordnance and the no sprint and the removed loadouts. WITH BR starts. We are getting an almost good playlist with AR starts. That sucks. That needs to change.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I dont care if he was being an ass or not. I care about results. I do find your white knighting hilarious. I find you caring about 343i employees way too much, its a little weird to be honest.

Thing is, we arent getting a Legedary Slayer playlist with the no ordnance and the no sprint and the removed loadouts. WITH BR starts. We are getting an almost good playlist with AR starts. That sucks. That needs to change.

I wasn't speaking on the playlist itself, I'm in the "AR starts = bad, especially with no secondary" camp as well. Legendary slayer is a big step forwards, but 343 stumbled at the finish line with it. It took FAR too long to show up and with AR starts is more frustrating than fun right out the gate. I have no issue with sprint, but they need to provide rifle starts at the very least here.

I'm also in the camp of not hating on an employee just because we hate a decision. Those things aren't always mutually exclusive. I've never seen Quinn be a dick, so I'm more likely to side with common sense and believe he wasn't intending to sound like a dick (through text of all things) there. Take that as what you will, I really don't care. Maybe I'm too nice. I don't think I've really ever commented on 343 employees specifically, so it's odd to see you think I "care about them way too much." Your prerogative though.

2 lasers on Adrift? Hahahaha.

110 days. 110 days from tease to announce.

The laser is an anti-vehicle weapon. Sure it CAN be used on infantry, but there already is a brand new weapon that works like the laser on infantry: the Railgun.

Promote Legendary Slayer by temporarily replacing the Infinity Slayer playlist for 1 or 2 weeks. Rotational playlists? There are now 17, many of which are Slayer games (or BTB Skirmish with Regicide, lol). If people still want Infinity settings, they can play BTB Infinity Slayer, Rumble Pit, hell even CTF has Infinity now, etc. AR-only starts plus bad weapon spawns will doom this playlist right out of the gate. 110 days of wasted effort. I was really excited about it, too.

AR starts are great, what's wrong with it?

tumblr_m45nubeApe1qagmleo1_400.gif

Purplemage

Neo Member
Honestly as much as I want the Pistol as a secondary only having an AR does make the Rifles far more fun when you have them. And two Shotty's and a Sword on Adrift? Nice.

I wasn't speaking on the playlist itself, I'm in the "AR starts = bad, especially with no secondary" camp as well. Legendary slayer is a big step forwards, but 343 stumbled at the finish line with it. It took FAR too long to show up and with AR starts is more frustrating than fun right out the gate. I have no issue with sprint, but they need to provide rifle starts at the very least here.

I'm also in the camp of not hating on an employee just because we hate a decision. Those things aren't always mutually exclusive. I've never seen Quinn be a dick, so I'm more likely to side with common sense and believe he wasn't intending to sound like a dick (through text of all things) there. Take that as what you will, I really don't care. Maybe I'm too nice. I don't think I've really ever commented on 343 employees specifically, so it's odd to see you think I "care about them way too much." Your prerogative though.

I guess thats where we are different I do hate employees when they make a decision I hate. That actually directly effects my level of happiness whilst playing games, In turn I like them less as employees. As people they are fine, they are probably nice people I'm sure they are the kind of people you could talk and have a drink with. However, personally, I only have to deal with their product, I dont see them or speak with them as people. And I dislike their product to the point I cant even play Halo anymore. So yes, I do hate them as employees. They make shitty decisions. I would be much happier if they made better decisions. Make BETTER DECISIONS. Stop making shit decisions. Thats all.

Purplemage

Neo Member
I can't play Legendary Slayer, I don't have a single AR kill in Halo 4

Thats...actually kinda impressive. Can't believe you've never even picked one up mid firefight.

And as far as the lasers on adrift go it seems like a fair choice. Less ammo on those things then two deadly snipers with those sight lines.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I guess thats where we are different I do hate employees when they make a decision I hate. That actually directly effects my level of happiness whilst playing games, In turn I like them less as employees. As people they are fine, they are probably nice people I'm sure they are the kind of people you could talk and have a drink with. However, personally, I only have to deal with their product, I dont see them or speak with them as people. And I dislike their product to the point I cant even play Halo anymore. So yes, I do hate them as employees. They make shitty decisions. I would be much happier if they made better decisions. Make BETTER DECISIONS. Stop making shit decisions. Thats all.

Fair enough. I was just willing to give Quinn benefit of the doubt on this one, as he's been pretty cool overall and made some of the better decisions (with Bravo).

Computer

Legendary slayer is great. I remember 343 said they want Halo to have custom load outs so players will use more of the sandbox. I used more of the Halo sandbox in one game of legendary slayer then I have since H4 has been out. So there goes that shitty theory. Simple Halo is the best Halo.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Seriously. Adrift has two lasers. One at each lift corner. Seriously bad weapon placements from what I played briefly. Only 2 BRs from what I could see, 2 Carbines, Sword and some pistols on fast respawns. Would have been nice if 343 had released an overhead view of each map's weapon locations for the playlist, but I just have to laugh at the lasers on Adrift, it's like they aren't even trying. Shutout has decent weapon spawns, but it's the same as it's always been.

also, 2 shotguns and a sword. fucking a.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Played 3 games of Legendary Slayer. Random thoughts:

-Sprint needs to be removed
-You need to spawn with a precision weapon, even if it's AR + Magnum. If you find a BR or a carbine, you have a major advantage over everyone else
-Bad weapon spawns

It's not too great so far. AR starts ruin it for me.

Played 3 games of Legendary Slayer. Random thoughts:

-Sprint needs to be removed
-You need to spawn with a precision weapon, even if it's AR + Magnum. If you get a precision weapon, you have a major advantage over everyone else
-Bad weapon spawns

It's not too great so far. AR starts ruin it for me.

the spawns are probably harder to place since the maps were originally designed with another system in mind[loadouts]. I think pitt and the valhalla map in the game should have better spawns. The should make a classic map pack.

Gui_PT

Is it 5? I grabbed it and didn't check the ammo but it seemed fairly high. 5 Rockets is crazy. It should be 2, 3 max

Watching YourExWife and TheAngryGerman playing.

He picked up the RL, shot two rockets and still had 3 left. Unless I didn't see it correctly.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Legendary is so much worse than I could have ever imagined. I didn't think 343 could fall short of my expectations, but hey.

Thats...actually kinda impressive. Can't believe you've never even picked one up mid firefight.

And as far as the lasers on adrift go it seems like a fair choice. Less ammo on those things then two deadly snipers with those sight lines.

Maybe if the laser actually worked against players. Spartans kinda just absorb the laser..

2 shotguns, a sword, and 2 lasers doesn't really make sense though.

Haven has a good weapon set, but the Rockets seem to spawn with 6 top-mid, rather than the usual 4. Snipe is at closed ramp, two needlers, two shotguns, and I don't know what is bottom mid, if anything. Couple BRs laying around the outside, and pistols at blue and red ramps. Better than Adrift. Shottys spawn with 6 rounds a piece.

I'm slowly learning all the weapon placements.

Now, if only I could get matched up with some people who have DLC, wish I could force that. Playing Abandon, Adrift, Haven, and Shutout only. It's sad because the DLC maps are a lot better than the base maps, in my opinion. Did Halo 3 have Valhalla in 4v4 slayer? I'd like to see Monolith, Skyline, Landfall, and maybe Daybreak, too, but they never show up for me in matchmaking, ever. Then add some of the really top-tier Forge maps, perhaps Sanctuary, Simplex or that Midship-like map in Throwdown, and Edifice (especially Edifice).

Gui_PT

SIX rockets?

Was 343 intentionally going for the lulz with this playlist or what?

I honestly think they just want to please the more casual players.

If everyone starts with an AR, encounters are more balanced. And 6 rockets because they're easy kills for everyone,

Havok

SIX rockets?

Was 343 intentionally going for the lulz with this playlist or what?
Doesn't a playlist consisting entirely of AR starts being put out in 2013 answer that question for you?

Just played my first match. Abandon. That map has two snipers, you hold top with both and stop them from picking up the rifles, game is over. Settings are a joke.

Top Bottom