• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

GhaleonEB

I don't think we'll see anything till Tokyo Game Show.

It's pretty common for magazines to have additional details and media on games that are revealed at press events than the online media. Since they can't match the publication deadline of the online embargo, that gives them fair treatment from the publisher, and it helps the publisher as the timing creates a second wave of media and information, which can keep the coverage moving forward.

Plus, it's Edge; they don't tease stuff they don't have. They already covered all that we know about in their online article, and promised a "full preview" in their next issue, and we know more information is coming very soon per Frankles. I think odds are quite high they have additional information to share.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was being facetious, heh. I totally expect a significant-ish info drop before E3. I'm expecting more multiplayer info, perhaps with heavy hints/connotations for campaign. And then some sort of campaign info at E3, though I wonder how much they'll really reveal. I'm guessing new main enemies, pics/footage of the Covenant (but no info on their role), and several new vehicles and weapons.

It's pretty common for magazines to have additional details and media on games that are revealed at press events than the online media. Since they can't match the publication deadline of the online embargo, that gives them fair treatment from the publisher, and it helps the publisher as the timing creates a second wave of media and information, which can keep the coverage moving forward.

Plus, it's Edge; they don't tease stuff they don't have. They already covered all that we know about in their online article, and promised a "full preview" in their next issue, and we know more information is coming very soon per Frankles. I think odds are quite high they have additional information to share.
Did bsangel not mention that the press was at 343i? Yes, she did[except I read it wrong]:
"Along with the hustle and bustle of a few hundred 343-ers, we’ve had press, partners, and numerous other people—every single one of whom is somehow relevant to where we’re at with the game—holed up in meeting rooms, hunched over computers, and slaving away in soundproof studios, working hard to bring you something that you’ll read, play, or hear at some point in the near or not-so-near future."
The Halo Bulletin: 3.15.12

So I think Edge and other big magazines got the date for press day at 343i maybe?(Or they flew directly after GDC to Seattle to check out Halo 4)

You know, others have said this before, but I would love for a "game winning kill cam" feature in halo 4. From my understanding CoD has it copyrighted from a first person perspective, but I assume that leaves room for creativity, possibly from a bullet/weapon perspective? I dunno, but it could be a cool replay feature.

Yup, I expect, if anything, a few more details ironed out with some nice new screens and art. Maybe a weapon or two while they are at it. Which honestly, is a lot of information, yet a small tease of what we will eventually see.

People are nervous about any change. It's one of the inherent tensions in making a sequel - and that terror sometimes impedes evolution or improvement. Of course, it sometimes prevents catastrophic change.

The game needs to move forward to stay healthy and it needs to change to evolve. There are two things that you should bear in mind when thinking about that, if you're conservative and calmness is all that's required. One, is that the game is customizable enough to reduce additions back to a ground level, but two and more importantly, the changes are not simply being slapped on willy nilly. They're carefully thought out, considered and balanced. And ones that don't pass muster, you will never get to try.

I can tell you bluntly that it "feels" 100% like Halo, without a shadow of a doubt. It's an evolution, not a reset or a reimagining. There will be loads of new stuff to learn, get used to or reject, as with any Halo sequel, but it won't feel alien (except, you know, the alien bits).

This should tide me over until some more footage/solid info

Also, I strongly believe that for this game to be more successful, players shouldn't have to resort to reduce additions to the ground level, that's how we got the divided mess that is Reach.

However, I'm under a large impression that you guys there at 343i know what you're doing so i'll just have to wait and see more before I judge.

This may be heresy to some people, but I think not having a public beta and focusing your efforts on the production of the final game is so much of a better decision than wasting your resources on something that could negatively impact the game (with the current state the Halo Community is in, it's certainly possible.)

I'm expecting more multiplayer info, perhaps with heavy hints/connotations for campaign. And then some sort of campaign info at E3, though I wonder how much they'll really reveal. I'm guessing new main enemies, pics/footage of the Covenant (but no info on their role), and several new vehicles and weapons.

They have to be more sensitive with Campaign stuff this time around since they probably want to build as much story hype and mystery as possible for the various books that will be coming out between now and "Holiday 2012".

Some people (mainly some pros) from the MLG crowd think it's brilliant idea to select one person from 343i and have everybody tweet at them requesting stuff.

So basically they're banking on the notion that for the first time ever annoying someone will make that person more likely to accept suggestions?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Some people (mainly some pros) from the MLG crowd think it's brilliant idea to select one person from 343i and have everybody tweet at them requesting stuff.
They should send Scott 343 cupcakes.

lol, Bregmann.

I think they are following the logic when it "worked" talking about ranks and getting a answer.

Yep haha. And as much as I support Ninja and MLG and competitive settings as I am an extremely competitive player, 343i probably knows from the forums and other sources that this is a strong need amongst the Halo Community.

Also, it's not just like they can go *poof* and the game will be suddenly competitive out of the box, if only it were that easy haha.

iJv5Jy7dOUife.jpg

Booshka

Yep haha. And as much as I support Ninja and MLG and competitive settings as I am an extremely competitive player, 343i probably knows from the forums and other sources that this is a strong need amongst the Halo Community.

Also, it's not just like they can go *poof* and the game will be suddenly competitive out of the box, if only it were that easy haha.

That game came out that was competitive out of the box, MLG told everyone about it, but they still didn't play it because it wasn't Halo. MLG crowd is pretty close minded and immature, as evidenced by twitter bombing developers for info.

CyReN

You would be incorrect.

dP8zb.gif

That game came out that was competitive out of the box, MLG told everyone about it, but they still didn't play it because it wasn't Halo. MLG crowd is pretty close minded and immature, as evidenced by twitter bombing developers for info.

I agree, some are immature, but there are some good in it. I've stated this for awhile but MLG Halo rules should be looked at different for now on and not by 1-3 people from MLG. Fans "chose" the new settings for Columbus and the success shows.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Magazine, vidoc, etc on stuff is my guess.

A full fledged vidoc with sustained gameplay footage would be great. Snippets of info coupled with footage of a full MP match would be AMAZING.

Top Bottom