• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Anyone interested in doing a HaloGAF podcast with me? I'm looking for 2 maybe 3 "regulars" and then obviously have a new guest every podcast. I wanna get these wheels in motion. Probably just going to do it over Skype.

Hey, we'll look back on this day and laugh at the notion that we believed even for a second that 343 was going to put freaking X-Rays into Halo 4. Right guys? right?...

Ha, ya know what, you're totally right. I mean, c'mon guys, instant respawns? In Halo? I can't believe we even for a minute thought this was real. Let me get out of here man, you guys are silly

*walks away, mouthing "it can't be real, it cant be real, it cant be real" all the way home*

Anyone interested in doing a HaloGAF podcast with me? I'm looking for 2 maybe 3 "regulars" and then obviously have a new guest every podcast. I wanna get these wheels in motion. Probably just going to do it over Skype.

What kind of stuff would you want to cover? I might be interested.

I dunno. Maybe I won't be bothered by all these changes. Maybe equipment didn't bother me in Halo 3 but AAs bothered me in Reach because I was no longer agile like I was in 2/3. If I have the agility and base player traits I did in 2/3, I might be okay with it. Maybe.

Yeesh. I need clarification.

Trey

Put me down in the guest column.

Ha, ya know what, you're totally right. I mean, c'mon guys, instant respawns? In Halo? I can't believe we even for a minute thought this was real. Let me get out of here man, you guys are silly

*walks away, mouthing "it can't be real, it cant be real, it cant be real" all the way home*

Godspeed.

Tashi

TheGafCouncil

oh god lol

What kind of stuff would you want to cover? I might be interested.

Whatcha been playin? (Playlists or gametypes in Halo that you're currently playing)
Current and popular topics in the thread
News
And then various topics that are made for each podcast for us to discuss.

Maybe gonna have it once every 2 weeks? Not sure yet.

Sai-kun

Banned

I would be interested in being a guest :)

Wait it was real?

I'd like to see how they try and make this sound better....

as for firefight...

NOE4t.png

Dug

Banned
I'm just going to copy pasta what I think about the leaks from the other thread:

I'm going to hold out on judging this info until I get to see it in motion and 343 explains it more. But damn do those elites look creepy.

Whatcha been playin? (Playlists or gametypes in Halo that you're currently playing)
Current and popular topics in the thread
News
And then various topics that are made for each podcast for us to discuss.

Maybe gonna have it once every 2 weeks? Not sure yet.

Sounds pretty interesting.

It's most likely Dmr or br and pistol or assault rifle type load outs. Otherwise there would be no point in having power weapon spawns.

I'm almost sure it's going to be like that. I think even the article mentioned, choice your primary and secondary weapons and then listed weapons such as BR, AR, DMR, 'Assault Carbine', Covenant Carbine, Magnum, Plasma Pistol.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, wading through all the info. I'm immensely skeptical of the decisions on some of this stuff, but some of it sounds awesome, too. New DMR looks weird. It'll take some getting used to. New AR looks really plain -- hope they jazz it up.

Per usual: can't wait to see more.

When's this fabled podcast due? Is it the next Sparkast?

Trey

I was just wondering if there was any reason to still be excited for my copy.

Plenty. Hopefully this is all a ruse to be exposed with actual information from the article, and even if it's not fake, there's still some quality screens to indulge yourself in.

Havok

Should probably have folks record their end and sync it up in post. Generally the only way to make skype podcasts sound okay.

I'd be willing to talk into microphones if getting folks on is a problem. Bleep out the swears. Or don't.

CyReN

People are saying Frankie can't deny and say stuff is false, that is bs right? I swear he's said stuff in the past.

senador

Banned
Damn, wading through all the info. I'm immensely skeptical of the decisions on some of this stuff, but some of it sounds awesome, too.

Per usual: can't wait to see more.

New DMR looks weird. It'll take some getting used to. New AR looks really plain -- hope they jazz it up.

Yeah looks super out of place compared to everything else. Hopefully placeholder.

senador

Banned
People are saying Frankie can't deny and say stuff is false, that is bs right? I swear he's said stuff in the past.

I dunno, but the mag hasn't even hit shelves yet. They still want it to sell and stuff and I'm sure they have agreements to not talk so GI can cover it. So there's something to think about.

feel

Can't get enough of looking at the AR, the DMR and Cortana. I really like the look they gave them. Didn't like how the AR/DMR looked in Reach and Cortana hasn't looked good to me since the original cartoony one in Halo 1.

And still listening to ODST OST + Rain on repeat lol

El_Chino

I like the new look of the elites, shows that they've been broken off from the rest of the Covenant. Almost looks like militia style Elites.

Tashi

Should probably have folks record their end and sync it up in post. Generally the only way to make skype podcasts sound okay.

I'd be willing to talk into microphones if getting folks on is a problem. Bleep out the swears. Or don't.

Oh for real? Ok. And yea, any recording advice with Skype would be greatly appreciated. Was just going to go with Audacity and record my voice along with whatever Skype is putting out.

If anyone has played with me they know I curse a lot. I'm not gonna be filthy but I'm certainly not going to bleep or censor anyone.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wait what have I missed? Fill me in.

From what I remember:

random weapon spawns
customizable armor abilities(including what is essentially a wallhack known as forerunner vision
sprint is a constant AA
instant spawn, no delay

a lot more that I can't recall off the top of my head
edit: oh yeah:
drop in/drop out
no firefight
"spartan ops"-think spec ops from call of duty, but halo style and updated monthly with a continuous story.

Trey

It may have to do with an embargo on the GI article, but things aren't adding up.

His confirmations have usually been saying nothing, whereas his denials have been cryptic but implicit. In this case, I'm rationalizing (read: hoping) that he wouldn't say something like "I wouldn't worry" to a group of pretty riled up people if there was, indeed, something to worry about.

The consensus of the Halo fanbase is rather clear on these particular game designs and systems.

Havok

Oh for real? Ok. And yea, any recording advice with Skype would be greatly appreciated. Was just going to go with Audacity and record my voice along with whatever Skype is putting out.

If anyone has played with me they know I curse a lot. I'm not gonna be filthy but I'm certainly not going to bleep or censor anyone.
Basically, the idea is to do a countdown and have everybody clap. That'll throw up a big fat jump on the waveform for each person and you can pretty easily get everything synced once the cast sends the editor the file for their end. That way, you avoid general internet voice choppiness.

Keep that optimism, man. For all of us.

Im trying. Not gonna lie, at lot of this stuff is worrying, but I'm just gonna take it for what it is and move on from there. I will be pissed if we can spawn with weapons such as Snipers, Shotguns, Rockets, etc.

That said, a lot of it is exciting at the same time. Btw, has anyone summed up some if the information from the scans that wasn't posted in the initial summary? Im trying to compile everything we know.

Recarpo

I just read the info and my hope is slowly dying. I'm hoping some of this is cleared up and doesn't end up as bad as it's sounding to me.

Tashi

Basically, the idea is to do a countdown and have everybody clap. That'll throw up a big fat jump on the waveform for each person and you can pretty easily get everything synced once the cast sends the editor the file for their end. That way, you avoid general internet voice choppiness.

Sounds like a good idea. Thank you sir!

Scribbling ideas and stuff on my notebook. I think it's going to be good. Format is very 1up Yours. AKA, the best gaming Podcast ever.

Top Bottom