• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I agree, but why are Frankie and David not actively dispelling the information (and instead saying to wait for clarification, implying that the paraphrased articles have some merit), and meanwhile removing the images from the Waypoint forums?

You can't post scans, that is why they are removing them.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I agree, but why are Frankie and David not actively dispelling the information (and instead saying to wait for clarification, implying that the paraphrased articles have some merit), and meanwhile removing the images from the Waypoint forums?

I would assume they're under some contractual obligation? It's not 343's or Microsoft's magazine, I don't think they're at liberty to discuss its contents.

Also you'd have to consider that fact that even if this is fake, it did a hell of a job getting Game Informer "out there". This leak is all over the web, including BIG gaming journalism sites. If Frankie had said "it's fake", none of this huge frenzy would've happened.

Lol damn, just realised this could be some sick viral marketing for Game Informer. but probably not.

MrBig

You can't post scans, that is why they are removing them.

Which is my point, they were from the magazine and not fakes. But the blocked out text makes any kind of argument hard for the validity of information, whether real or fake, until 343 comments on it or the magazine is in more peoples hands.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That's the one thing that is still giving me a very faint glimmer of hope. The names are utter shit. Like you said they sound like a 5 year old came up with these names.
Right?
Wraparound. Warhouse.

hmmmm? :p
Oh yeah. :-(

I would assume they're under some contractual obligation? It's not 343's or Microsoft's magazine, I don't think they're at liberty to discuss its contents.
Yeah, I'm guessing they don't want to spoil GI's sales.

CyReN

If it's anything a local of mine (recently got 12th at Columbus), doesn't bs said this on MLG:

this article is real. I manage at a GameStop and they sent us the magazines early and I've read through the article. Not anything that I'm surprised about, companies have to make business decisions, so they're following the suit with the number one selling shooter (Call of Duty) just like other shooters used to follow Halo (the old number one shooter). As the Community has done since Halo 3, we'll wait to see how MLG (if they choose to) can structure the game with customization to make it more competitive after sorting through all of the new useless ****** that has been added. Good Night all, pleasant raging.

Wraparound. Warhouse.

hmmmm? :p
I want it to be called
215px-War-horse-poster.jpg

heckfu

Banned
God, I know this is lazy but I've been travelling all day. Can anyone one link me to the post that caused this many pages of discussion?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, covenant carbine is back? Like the H2/H3 carbine? Hope it's less boring.

And assault carbine? I'm imagining something like the ODST SMG.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36724995&postcount=131
shinobi602 posted this in the gaming side thread. Has a link of a guy on youtube who thinks the scans are absolutely fake. Perhaps it's desperate and wishful hoping on my part, but the guy makes some really good points in the video. I liked when he referred to the new information as COD incarnate. And he mentions that Frankie and Robert aren't allowed to say anything about the scans since they are under contract.

Blueblur1

So I guess we've hit that part of the PR cycle where the bad news starts coming to light. :p

In all seriousness, nothing that I've read sounds pleasant at all. And the DMR scope totally looks terrible.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but that's an alien gun. It's okay if it looks weird. I wouldn't say it's ugly, but it's not great, that's for sure.

The H4 BR looks a hell of a lot better than the H4 DMR.

Mayyhem

Just randomly woke up from my sleep, a single tear rolled down my cheek as I realized that all of this was in fact not a dream

I'm actually really interested in what they have to show for SP and the spartan ops stuff. It seems like spartan ops has a lot of potential to be a lot of fun considering it sounds like there would be a lot of continuing content for it.

Yup, I can't wait to see this stuff.. I hope the magazine makes it into peoples hands tomorrow.

SpartanIII.jpg

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MA5K_Carbine

?

I also hope to see this return:

640px-M6C_SOCOM.png

as well as the SMG. At least in SP.

Also, on a side note, the Elites and a few other things from the scans seem to have shown up on halo.wikia.com.

Oooh, if that is the assault carbine than I will be a happy person. Also, I think we were told that there would be more new weapons than returning weapons in Halo 4.. if that is the case I think Halo 4 will have more weapons than any past Halo title.

Yeah, but that's an alien gun. It's okay if it looks weird. I wouldn't say it's ugly, but it's not great, that's for sure.

The H4 BR looks a hell of a lot better than the H4 DMR.

Actually I disagree. The DMR look like an older weapon compared to the BR, as it should.

Kibbles

lol why are threads being closed on the Waypoint forums for "discussing leaked content"? How is discussing the GI article discussing leaked content?

Halo 4 determines whether or not I buy the next xbox.

Things are looking pretty good for nintendo at this point. I have neglected zelda for too long

Kibbles

Questionable. I've seen boxes open at work with issues going to stores, it would be pretty easy to snap a picture of "my" issue.

It's some girl on tumblr and the magazine is laying on a carpet, doesn't seem like a work environment. She's posted the start of the article and someone asked if she sum it up or something ands he said if we all give her a few she'll just scan the full article. Of course she said that 20min ago. I was hoping to go to bed but I guess I'm staying up in case she delivers.

Trasher

Well, Halo had a pretty good run guys. DotA 2 and Diablo 3 it is then in my foreseeable gaming future. A bit of a shame though. I wonder what will be the next FPS that I actually play.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Was about to go to bed, but I think I just found the page you guys are talking about.

Guess I'll wait.
It's been a rollercoaster kind of day, huh?

Wow. I went to sleep just before the leaks happened. Shame they happened at all.

Just read the info, not seen any pictures.
It's... a tad alarming. Certainly rocks the safety boat a lot. And the fair instinctual reaction is be defensive about it, in a post Reach world.

Honestly it's the spawn stuff for players and weapons that catches me off guard the most. Yes, they'll have playlists with traditional setups but not only does it split resources it fractures the player base to which we can view as a negative, considering previous titles.

I look forward to do this podcast, but think MP gameplay videos, perhaps with commentary would be a better avenue at calming people.

While so far this sounds like bad news, it does give me hope that the campaign will do some new stuff.

Top Bottom