• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I do wonder if we are going to see any old cast being turned into spartan 4 in the campaign.
Like the odst cast. I mean if Buck was any better he would be a spartan.. :)

And i just want Nathan fillion in this game :p
I wouldn't be surprised if 343 maneuvered Buck into the Spartan IV program. It would make sense in the context of the story and Fillion is like bacon: he makes everything better.

Ya know, as much as I love a good Halo campaign, I have yet to play ODST.

Get to it ASAP. Get some headphones or surround sound on, turn the lights down and get to it. ODST is one of my favourite campaigns, atmosphere in the game is amazing.

ODST is so good at what it does (big action-packed missions blended with subtler, moody exploration in the hub) that I swore its story was going to be the blueprint for Reach. I was thinking Reach was going to involve multiple Spartans scattered across the planet/orbit and we were going to play as a different one in every mission. That would've given us a comprehensive view of everything that goes on during a Covenant glassing/invasion and instead of the traditional narrative of the typical video game, we would've had a series of missions linked not by characters but by the theme of a dying planet. In my mind all signs pointed to that (even the "Remember Reach" ad campaign). Oh well.

I am so excited to hear some samples of the music tomorrow. =)

There is one picture missing...Cortana with Chief.

So...did this one ever turn up? It was one of my favorite shots in the physical magazine.

Nah, I spotted some very questionable bits on the Elite armour too.
Putting it down to it being early, but I was surprised honestly. Assume these would be supersampled perfection to hide stuff like that.

Yup, I see it, but something tells me they will look better than the past games overall. Its weird, Bungie's graphical art style never looked all that special, but if you zoomed in the detail held up- only problem was, you often couldn't tell it was so nice until you zoomed. The Elite armor in Reach is a good example of this.

It seems 343 is handling the art direction a ton better.

If we're talking about simple and pretty maps, I should probably mention Arica Harbor, a map from Bad Company 2.
0BHur.jpg

Although this image doesn't do it much justice, it's the first pic I found lol.
It's probably my favorite map in any game. It's such a simple playspace, but it looks fantastic, with some great lighting, as well as some beautiful particle effects from bullets hitting the sand/buildings falling down. A fantastic map.

Lol and yes, I know this has nothing to do with Halo

I would love for a MP map to take place on earth in Africa with assets similar to this. I really want to see what Halo 2 like environments would look like now.

Is it me or is one of the concept showing chief wearing forerunner armor parts.
The one in the old forerunner building which has some overgrowth in it.
On mc back and between the jet pack boost(?) there is a module with a strange sign on it which looks like a forerunner sign.

But then again it is just concept art could be anything :p

Edit:And one with hand to hand combat?

Risen

[✔] Visuals
[ ] Gameplay/multiplayer
[ ] Campaign

1 down, 2 to go.

-------
Anybody up for Reach aka Risen get off MW3.

Was playing in some community "clan ops" thing... 39th out of 12,704 competing. There are a lot of really really bad kids out there.

Is it me or is one of the concept showing chief wearing forerunner armor parts.
The one in the old forerunner building which has some overgrowth in it.
On mc back and between the jet pack boost(?) there is a module with a strange sign on it which looks like a forerunner sign.

But then again it is just concept art could be anything :p

Edit:And one with hand to hand combat?

In the one with the hand to hand I'm fairly certain it's the butt of a gun strapped on his back.

Top Bottom