• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

1. BTB. How the what. I'm assuming the simulation is nothing like the X-Men room. I think its going to be more akin to spartans being hooked up to something and their projections are really fighting. Otherwise I have no explanation how different shapes and physical objects can be formed from what seems like a holographic simulation.
Nanomachines

zlatko

Banned
Hahaha

That reminds of me of when I push people off the top of Spire.

Oh of course we push dudes off Spire too. Spire is THE map that is notorious for this shit.

You think you're fine up there picking dudes off, next thing you know you are falling towards them, and realize...fuck that guy.

Can't wait for my third copy to show up here this week. <3

I have all the map packs but the ones that came with Anni. Should I invest in those?

kylej

Banned
Don't summon him!

lol I wasn't around. Car day today. Trying to figure out why my new tmic won't mount up properly, one of the side brackets is ever so slightly off. And two bolts rounded off on the downpipe. And I found out I have a slight tear in my turbo inlet.

Warning to HaloGAF: do not take up cars and or motorcycles as a main hobby.

Oh of course we push dudes off Spire too. Spire is THE map that is notorious for this shit.

You think you're fine up there picking dudes off, next thing you know you are falling towards them, and realize...fuck that guy.

Can't wait for my third copy to show up here this week. <3

I have all the map packs but the ones that came with Anni. Should I invest in those?

Yes, the Anni maps are the best maps. At least in my opinion.

Yeah, the Anniversary maps are great. I wouldn't buy them from the Xbox Marketplace, though. Halo Anniversary is getting cheaper, so I'd wait until you can buy a new copy for cheap (since it comes with a code for the maps).

Overdoziz

Banned
So sad that all the Anniversary maps are ruined by AAs aside from Timberland. Beaver Creek with jetpacks is laughably broken. Kyle can attest to that.

Tawpgun

So sad that all the Anniversary maps are ruined by AAs aside from Timberland. Beaver Creek with jetpacks is laughably broken. Kyle can attest to that.

Listen, Legend of Korra is amazing.

But you can't change your avatar. You're always orange 7th column. If I saw a picture of you IRL I wouldn't believe it unless your face was a 7th column symbol.

il2QwmzOP98Fn.jpg

ibmawRWJboyjre.jpg

irkzvwu2zpyAp.jpg

BRs, and DMRs and Pistols OH MY! So hot. I want it in me.

Speaking of hot. Damn Cortana.

STUNNING.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Man, that Halo news last week really spurred the discussion. I get banned for a week and a new thread is made, which has already reached 6000 posts. The heck, guys.

Also, Frankie, stop slouching!

GhaleonEB

I'm only counting games that had demonstrations or actually intended to release before the next E3 came around across all 3 conferences. A short CGI trailer falls outside of those bounds.

Why would you only count that stuff? They're still part of the conference.

GhaleonEB

For the duration of Reach's existence, BTB has been terrible. But one of the biggest problems in it is how absurdly dominating the Banshee is. I thought I'd dabble in BTB to see if I could snag the jackpot, only to get a Heavies variant on Boneyard with two Banshees on it. The entire map, no matter how much ordnance was on it, came down to Banshees spawn camping. Naturally, I was on the receiving end constantly.

I'm not touching BTB in Reach, ever again. It's worse now with Heavies than it ever has been in its run to date. I'll hold out hope that it's not a disaster in Halo 4.

FyreWulff

For the duration of Reach's existence, BTB has been terrible. But one of the biggest problems in it is how absurdly dominating the Banshee is. I thought I'd dabble in BTB to see if I could snag the jackpot, only to get a Heavies variant on Boneyard with two Banshees on it. The entire map, no matter how much ordnance was on it, came down to Banshees spawn camping. Naturally, I was on the receiving end constantly.

I'm not touching BTB in Reach, ever again. It's worse now with Heavies than it ever has been in its run to date. I'll hold out hope that it's not a disaster in Halo 4.

Banshee: Get In, Press Y, Do Flips

Do More Flips

neoism

Sword base is an alright map. I feel for team slayer it's a bit of a camp fest in the elevator shaft top room and the one adjacent.

On infection though it's an absolute blast haha. My buddy and I had one of THE funniest gaming moments together on Sword Base for infection. We were down by the air duct shaft that's in the long red tunnel at the bottom, and we had one other guy with us who was a random. We pushed him into the vent inch by inch as he tried to resist so he'd get shot up to a zombie waiting to slice him once he showed up. Dude dies and we break into laughter.

#assholes

sad the other team will always go up the left still... I like the map, shame it gets alot of hate..

Fuchsdh

You need to join HBO for a Matchmaking Night. *Every* gametype in Reach is fun if you're playing a full house with decent players.

Disregard Kills, Acquire Warthogs
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1123307

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So Frank maybe you can answer this (or Urk if he's lurking) these posters are all over Reach with different images. Do they mean something? Or are they just art for the world? Anywhere I can see them all, or get big versions to print? I like them.

IMG_20120421_210154.jpg

Karl2177

So Frank maybe you can answer this (or Urk if he's lurking) these posters are all over Reach with different images. Do they mean something? Or are they just art for the world? Anywhere I can see them all, or get big versions to print? I like them.

IMG_20120421_210154.jpg

I don't see that one in particular, but Stephen Loftus did a bunch and has them hosted on HBO.

Flipyap

IMG_20120421_210154.jpg

This article might interest you: http://www.vis-atk.com/2011/02/22/reach-destroyed-millions-dead-posters-ruined/
While they're not exactly print-sized, it does have some cleaner redrawn versions of the posters.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't see that one in particular, but Stephen Loftus did a bunch and has them hosted on HBO.

This article might interest you: http://www.vis-atk.com/2011/02/22/reach-destroyed-millions-dead-posters-ruined/
While they're not exactly print-sized, it does have some cleaner redrawn versions of the posters.

Awesome thanks guys. I like the posters and have wanted to print and frame them. If Urk or frank know of the originals in a big size that would be cool too. I wonder if they will ever be fully explained.

Ken

IMG_20120421_210154.jpg

I think the bottom poster means "Bacon heals."

Ramirez

Did HBO shit in your coffee this morning? Jesus Christ...

Let's see, you quote 3 posts from me. Only one of them is jabbing at HBO, the other is me making a statement about his view of every game being fun with a full party, the other laughing at Hydra's post.

Good point.

Top Bottom