• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

vhfive

I accidentally boarded a plane from Paris to Madrid with a knife I got in Carcassone in 2003. My little 14 year brain couldn't handle the ramifications and I fainted on board in my seat.

I know this isn't what we're talking about but I feel like you guys needed a new installment of "Get To Know Halogaffers: Heckfu"

I hate Heckfu's times in Trials
"Get To Know Halogaffers: vhfive"

The Y Axis is KD ratio, not kills though.

The KD ratio does not change when he isn't playing the game, because he stopped for mass intake of more tacos.

seriousbusiness
My bad. The dump time theory is dead.

I accidentally boarded a plane from Paris to Madrid with a knife I got in Carcassone in 2003. My little 14 year brain couldn't handle the ramifications and I fainted on board in my seat.

I know this isn't what we're talking about but I feel like you guys needed a new installment of "Get To Know Halogaffers: Heckfu"

Rated MA for mature audiences only.

Tawpgun

Super Meat Boy would be number 1 if it didn't make me leave with anger every time I play it..

Trials is even more anger inducing.

But I love both of them so much.

XBLA Awesome List

BF 1943 (anyone know the state of this game, servers wise?)
Monday Night Combat
Super Meat Boy
Bastion
Fez
Trials
Peggle
Shadow Complex

Any essentials I'm missing?

You got a knife in Carcassone? What crazy version of Carcassone was this?

Edit: OH. The place. Not the board game.
Felt like a generic Metroid rip off to me, couldn't hold my interest for more than an hour...

You went to the actual place! I was confused for too long readng that.

vhfive

Trials is even more anger inducing.

But I love both of them so much.

XBLA Awesome List

BF 1943 (anyone know the state of this game, servers wise?)
Monday Night Combat
Super Meat Boy
Bastion
Fez
Trials

Any essentials I'm missing?

Shadow Complex (fuck what Ram says its great)

EDIT: fuck you and your stealth editing

YES, especially so if you have any part of you that likes the 40K universe. If not? Still yes. Its murderous melee+shooting fun.

Awesome, I bought a copy. I'm not the biggest of Warhammer, but the demo+your recommendation is enough to have me buy it. Thanks!

Also, Catherine is $15 (probably the lowest it'll go) if anyone's interested.

You got a knife in Carcassone? What crazy version of Carcassone was this?

Edit: OH. The place. Not the board game.
Hahaha, I thought he was talking about the board game at first, too.

I mean I agree with Ram but I think thats what makes it great. It filled a hole when it was needed. NO metroid right now. but oh we got this game here...It plays good.

GhaleonEB

Gatling Gears is AMAZING. So solid, so oldschool, so approachable.
I'll check it out tonight.

Shadow Complex.

Yes. Yes.

I go back to some XBLA games to dabble as distractions now and then, but I tend to play most games sequentially: bask in them until I'm done then move on. Overall, Defense Grid is probably my favorite XBLA game, though the last update and DLC bugged the hell out of the game (crash bugs, UI bugs, etc.) and they haven't fixed them; the team was complaining about not getting MS support on the forums. It's a bit heartbreaking to see such a brilliant game left in that state.

Random note: yesterday I was playing Heavy Weapon XBLA. It's still freaking awesome.

Fucking Alzheimers. :(
image.php

That avatar is amazing.

m23

I don't think I have the patience for Fez, although Trials gets tough later on its still so much fun. The multiplayer feature is so awesome, some hilarious moments when playing with friends. Also, there is an endless amount of tracks to download, many of which are great. There is one track that I downloaded inspired by Super Meat Boy, it is insane. Trials Evolution is so worth the money.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I don't think I have the patience for Fez, although Trials gets tough later on its still so much fun. The multiplayer feature is so awesome, some hilarious moments when playing with friends. Also, there is an endless amount of tracks to download, many of which are great. There is one track that I downloaded inspired by Super Meat Boy, it is insane. Trials Evolution is so worth the money.

I play MP against my neighbor and can ALWAYS tell when he hands the controller to his (far superior) son when he gets frustrated.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Should I finish Shadow Complex? I got 3/4 done when it first came out but got stuck at a place where I had to jump over an acid pit, but it was way too far to jump, and there was no where else to go so I got frustrated and never finished...

Risen

I play MP against my neighbor and can ALWAYS tell when he hands the controller to his (far superior) son when he gets frustrated.

lol I had a good friend in H2/H3 who's son played on a semi-pro halo team (DBA). He'd get frustrated some nights and give the controller to his son and all of a sudden, faces were melted. Was sooo good.

Tawpgun

Geometry Wars 2.
Ilomilo.
Braid.
Rez HD.
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.
Bionic Commando Rearmed.
Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax. Not for everyone. But it's awesome.

Pass on Ilomilo. Played WP7 version, found it boring.
Braid maybe.
Rez... maybe.
Not too big a Pac Man fan
I'll DL the trial for Bionic Commandoo
Don't even know what this is.

I played it on and off over the past year (2011) and found it to be really laggy.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, if only for it's animation, art, and music.
Trenched/Iron Brigade
Stacking

Does Trials have a good community in terms of UGC? Also is Moto Heroz any good?

Played Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and got bored :/
Trenched/Iron Brigade I MIGHT check out.
Might check this out too.

I have the first Geo Wars. Might pick up 2.

m23

Anyone with Trials Evolution needs to download this awesome track called Test Subject 001 from Redlynx Picks. Its inspired from portal and its amazing.

Top Bottom