• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Woorloog

Banned
Wait, what, people are going to play Halo 2 Vista? When? Dammit, where's my copy...

Would anyone from HaloGAF be down for an excruciatingly long absolutely epic game of Civ5?

If the thing worked properly on my computer :/ (Works okay at first, as the game goes on, the wait beetween turns becomes really, really slow and in general i start getting frame rate issues etc).
And if i had played a few more games, to get hang of it.
Ah, well, maybe later this year if i get a new computer.

TheOddOne

I still don't get it...
111230_356449_111230_1507331_large.jpg

Lazslo

To the Powers that Be: Don't ever, ever get rid of Halo Classic Anniversary Playlist. It's Halo at its best. You already dropped H2, don't make the same mistake twice. 3 Shot pistol kills and one giznade is really amazing.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
To the Powers that Be: Don't ever, ever get rid of Halo Classic Anniversary Playlist. It's Halo at its best. You already dropped H2, don't make the same mistake twice. 3 Shot pistol kills and one giznade is really amazing.

I enjoy the playlist, but it eventually bugs the shit out of me. I love the pistol and all, but every match in that playlist only uses the pistol. There is no reason to use any other weapon, save the rocket and sniper.

I do it too, on that playlist I immediately switch to my pistol and use it for the duration of the match, but it's really not balanced. Guess that fits Halo1 though. :p

Karl2177

What is the fastest guaranteed way to find a golden ranger elite? I know one spawns on Winter Contingency, but it's seemingly random.

What is the fastest guaranteed way to find a golden ranger elite? I know one spawns on Winter Contingency, but it's seemingly random.

Load up rally point bravo on ONI Sword Base. There should either be a BOB Elite outside before you fight the Hunters or inside Sword Base were the shotgun would spawn in multiplayer.

Homeboyd

I literally ALWAYS get this challenge by loading Winter Contingency, Heroic (don't think this matters), rally point A. Jump in the truck and stay to the right the whole way until you get near the point where the Falcon picks you up. Ranger may not be there everytime but you can just revert until he is. Fastest and most effective way I've found.

Is he still accepting Reach clips?
If anyone still wants to submit a clip:

- Upload it to your fileshare.
- Send me a PM with your gamertag and the name of the clip.

No guarantees.

-------
I'm hoping to wrap up the montage this weekend - for once I'll actually be home; I've been out of town for the past five weekends and have only had a few moments here and there on weeknights to work on it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

No guarantees.

-------
I'm hoping to wrap up the montage this weekend - for once I'll actually be home; I've been out of town for the past five weekends and have only had a few moments here and there on weeknights to work on it.

I didn't ever save much, but I'll send you the two I have. One is funny, one is decent assassination. Heck, maybe you could end the montage with my betrayal vindication one.

kylej

Banned

No guarantees.

-------

please put a dedication to the Suddoth twins somewhere in the opening or credits

Crucio

Dam. The new mobile app is sweet. I couldn't see half of it because I had a outdated version of Opera Mini!
The button for "go to bottom" never works though. Sucks to have an old phone.

75 rounds weekly really takes time. I was hoping to have it done by now! ;)

zlatko

Banned
Limited Edition came in last night. THAT JOURNAL! :O Haven't gotten to read it yet, but fuck that thing is so amazing in the craftsmanship and love put into it.

Played MLG playlist with a buddy since that's all he wanted to do. I went -1 at worst, and +6 at best. Really had to rub off the rust, and it's harder to do when your opponents are generally a group of friends who are communicating. :(

Gui_PT

Limited Edition came in last night. THAT JOURNAL! :O Haven't gotten to read it yet, but fuck that thing is so amazing in the craftsmanship and love put into it.

Yeah it's awesome. Wait 'til you try the gam..

Played MLG playlist with a buddy since that's all he wanted to do. I went -1 at worst, and +6 at best. Really had to rub off the rust, and it's harder to do when your opponents are generally a group of friends who are communicating. :(

Oh

zlatko

Banned
Yeah it's awesome. Wait 'til you try the gam..

Oh

Yeah my third copy of Rich. Bungie/343 my monies, you can has it.

Does 343 ever do any kind of double exp weekends or anything? Or double points for the daily/weeklys for a month or something?

I need them virtual internet points for better looking armors. :p

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
FEZ is weird. I haven't even been able to get through the short intro section. Same thing happened with Bastion - for some reason I can't get myself to sit down for it (finished a level at haven't played since December). I normally end up playing Witcher 2 instead. And I bought it day 1. :\

Maybe this weekend, I'll strap myself down for it.

Gui_PT

Yeah my third copy of Rich. Bungie/343 my monies, you can has it.

Does 343 ever do any kind of double exp weekends or anything? Or double points for the daily/weeklys for a month or something?

I need them virtual internet points for better looking armors. :p

You have jackpots. Certain playlists for certain days will give you a high chance of winning a jackpot. I think it varies but it's around 30k credits.

Still kinda hard to get on though.

Honestly though, you shouldn't worry about credits. I have over 4 million credits and nothing left to buy.
You'll get everything in time( and won't even use most of it)

It's mostly just Double Kills with grenades. Usually Jetpack is involved, but there are a few masterful uses of Drop Shield in there to mix things up.

I see you chose to use all the clips I sent you

TheOddOne

FEZ is weird. I haven't even been able to get through the short intro section. Same thing happened with Bastion - for some reason I can't get myself to sit down for it (finished a level at haven't played since December). I normally end up playing Witcher 2 instead. And I bought it day 1. :\

Maybe this weekend, I'll strap myself down for it.
Really, go play it. Force yourself even if you have to.

You have jackpots. Certain playlists for certain days will give you a high chance of winning a jackpot. I think it varies but it's around 30k credits.

Still kinda hard to get on though.

But it works great to got people into certain playlists. 2 weeks ago, there was a jackpot in Arena and as a result, it's population became 5 times bigger.

It would be hilarious if there was a jackpot in the MLG playlist.

Gui_PT

But it works great to got people into certain playlists. @ weeks ago, there was a jackpot in Arena and as a result, it's population became 5 times bigger.

It would be hilarious if there was a jackpot in the MLG playlist.

Yeah I'm sure that's why they make those jackpots.

I bet when we're near the end of Reach's lifespan, we'll be seeing double exp(cR?)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Really, go play it. Force yourself even if you have to.
Ha, some day. FEZ I can see myself liking, I've always been a platformer guy. But Bastion (from my admitedly super short time with it) was just a boring brawler. Nice music though.

TheOddOne

Ha, some day. FEZ I can see myself liking, I've always been a platformer guy. But Bastion (from my admitedly super short time with it) was just a boring brawler. Nice music though.
At first glance, it is. Then, you see what they were trying to achieve. Great stuff, multiple endings (!).

This, ill show you kids how to play games.

In other news, this just got delivered thank you mr postman

328k1.jpg

Got Tartarus and the Fuel Rod "war" chieftain from halo3 on route aswell

I love that figure, I remember how freaking sweet it was when I found that guy during the Halo 3 times.. The new Reach Chieftain is really nice also.

Just got done with some epic times on Long Night of Solace.

ibgBdJLaRN950s.jpg

Definitely a first for me.

I have to do this.

>Waypoint<

Grunt biology is srs bsns

Edit: o cool there's actually an even bigger discussion on the subject >Waypoint<

To be fair, I think the redesign of the hands/feet is kinda disappointing from art perspective, and since Grunts are Arthropods it doesn't make much sense either.

Top Bottom