• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

That's really cool looking. Man, I wish I could draw :(

Thanks man, although I wish I was half as good as others.. Any critiques? I wanna have another go at this once Im finished and am looking for other opinions on what to change.

For the new page:
Quick and crappy, an update on my attempt to re-imagine a Jackal:

3GI5w.jpg

(crappy cellphone picture with flash. Ill put a decent copy up once I finish it)

Once again, I am looking for comments and critique.

Also, I still am not happy about how far I departed from the Jackals established skull structure.. I was using the comments describing Halo 4's Jackal as a cross between an Iguana and a Shark and kinda gave it my own twist. Im gonna finish it and then try again, this time trying to make it more alien and Jackal like.

daedalius

Grenade launcher?
how have grenades been fixed?
how have other armor abilities been balanced?
How many maps are shipping with the game?
Framerate?

Frankie has already said grenades are no longer mini-nukes, at least.

More specifics are always good, halo 3 style nades that actually disappear once in a while when they haven't been picked up would be fine by me (but then they are basically halo 2 nades)

iC065YFykeL32.gif

been a while (I've had it open in my tabs since Plywood posted it :))

I think you're being a little too hard on yourself, I think it's very good!

Are the spurs under the jaw and the neck something you came up with?

Thanks! (though ideally, I would have liked the skull shape to remain more Jackal-like.. I drifted too far towards dinosaur)

As for the neck area I was influenced by a mix of lizards, particularly a photograph of an orange (cuban?) Iguana.

Thanks! (though ideally, I would have liked the skull shape to remain more Jackal-like.. I drifted too far towards dinosaur)

As for the neck area I was influenced by a mix of lizards, particularly a photograph of an orange (cuban?) Iguana.

Constructive time.

I think the the skin is a bit too scaley, larger flatter scales kinda like a drell from mass effect is the sweet spot i think.

That thing has alot of teeth, i think something closer to shark teeth would be better less teeth

Maybe some king of small protruding horns along the nose?

Is the BR a six shot kill now?

Havok

Ugh i hate these public QandA type things, the uninformed masses ask already answered questions and those questions get picked via the sorting team and answered.

A dream question list would be

Is The Grenade Launcher Returning?
Does Forge have terrain altering properties?
Is the game built with Customization DLC as an option from day 1?
What maps are returning?
Is spartan ops limited to only S IV away missions or could the delivery method also give the user short stories ala playable "another day at the beach".
ect

:(
You know that probably none of those questions would be answered, right? They're not new to PR. I realize this is a 'dream list', but it's not something they're going to put into their PR cycle until they're good and ready.

1) We're not ready to talk about all of the weapon sandbox quite yet.
2) We're not ready to talk about Forge yet, but we plan to have feature parity with past Halo titles.
3) We're not ready to talk about DLC quite yet, we're focusing on the game first and foremost.
3) We're not ready to talk about maps outside of Warhouse and Wraparound yet, stay tuned for further reveals! We think fans will be pleased.
4) We're very excited for the possibilities of Spartan Ops and what it can bring to the series, but we're not quite ready to talk about the details of what that content will entail. Stay tuned!

I would be surprised if any 'tough' questions are answered at all. I'd love to be surprised, but I think expecting specifics is a little premature.

You know that probably none of those questions would be answered, right? They're not new to PR.

2) We're not ready to talk about Forge yet, but we plan to have feature parity with past Halo titles.
3) We're not ready to talk about DLC quite yet, we're focusing on the game first and foremost.
3) We're not ready to talk about maps outside of Warhouse and Wraparound yet, stay tuned for further reveals!
4) We're very excited for the possibilities of Spartan Ops and what it can bring to the series, but we're not quite ready to talk about the details of what that content will entail. Stay tuned!

I would be surprised if any 'tough' questions are answered at all. I'd love to be surprised, but I think expecting specifics is a little premature.

Within the coming weeks and months.
(c) Frankie O'Connor

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
You know that probably none of those questions would be answered, right? They're not new to PR. I realize this is a 'dream list', but it's not something they're going to put into their PR cycle until they're good and ready.

3) We're not ready to talk about maps outside of Warhouse and Wraparound yet, stay tuned for further reveals! We think fans will be pleased.

I think those are excellent responses. Truly, your answers have struck a chord in my soul.

kylej

Banned
If Forge isn't a legitimate full blown map creator (ala the nearly 4 year old Far Cry 2) I'm seriously gonna jump out a window. 343 has the Resources and the time, make it happen. Please lord have mercy no more gray blocks.

I was actually going to make this joke, but about myself. Because in Halo 3 it usually was a six shot kill for me. :(

I can't figure out how to post a comment on the GI site, there's no option for it that I can find.

Right below the articles there's a box for your comments, you have to be registered though.

Homeboyd

OXM Article... I'd seen the cover with the new weapon, but hadn't seen the articles. Anyways.. they're.. around for those who haven't seen them.

Kuroyume

Banned
Someone ask why we are being fed Reach 2.0 with a side of COD instead of a new Halo.

Because it's not 1995 anymore.

Anyway, what I want to know is...

- Is flag juggling in the game?
- Is the assualt mechanism like in H2 or H3?
- Does the Banshee (assuming it's in there) have the fuel rod cannon?

I don't see why two of those questions couldn't be answered. It's not like they're ever going to be part of a major reveal.

Because it's not 1995 anymore.

Anyway, what I want to know is...

- Is flag juggling in the game?
- Is the assualt mechanism like in H2 or H3?
- Does the Banshee (assuming it's in there) have the fuel rod cannon?

I don't see why two of those questions couldn't be answered. It's not like they're ever going to be part of a major reveal.

The video on GI where the guy said they sped up CTF has me worried you don't hold the flag anymore. That's one of the things that makes Halo CTF so good. You don't just have the flag sitting on your back, you actually have to carry it and use it.

Falagard

The video on GI where the guy said they sped up CTF has me worried you don't hold the flag anymore. That's one of the things that makes Halo CTF so good. You don't just have the flag sitting on your back, you actually have to carry it and use it.

Really? Is there a link to this video, I don't recall hearing that. I just puked in my mouth a bit.

Top Bottom