• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

CyReN

Forward Unto Dawn has a nice ring to it.

DWvfB.png

----

Love MLG Sanc, wish they do this version though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey

As a lurker can I say thanks for the HaloGaf radio episiode to all involved. Just made my afternoon at work go nice and quick. Enjoyed the discussion, especially the stuff on camapign and spec ops. Multiplayer is not so much as an interest me but still enjoyed listening to you guys(and some loud shouty girl) talk about it.

Will listen again.

Thanks! I hope I'm not the loud shouty girl lolol

Hey You

Is Halo Wars worth getting? Hows the population?

I played the Demo when it came out, didn't really like it but I figure I should give a fair shot.

Shadders

I played the Demo when it came out, didn't really like it but I figure I should give a fair shot.

There's still people playing it, not crazy numbers, but you'll be able to get a game. I really enjoyed playing through it on co-op so it might be worth finding someone to co-op with.

I don't know if you're a completionist or not, but don't plan on getting 1000Gs from it, getting General rank online is all but impossible.

I played it 2 days ago and to my surprise, matchmaking times were pretty fast.

Campaign is pretty decent and as a plus, it has one of the best Halo cutscenes.

Happy birthday Pok3R Fac3d!

It'll look a lot more 'real' in scenes. These are shots from the prop house, not the set. Filming starts VERY soon. I am going to go get some hot bros and pick up some smoothies in the Warthog.
Question: Are you going to use WETA's Warthog or did you produce a completely new Warthog based on Halo 4's in-game model?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Edit- hoping it has a clean colorful (yet serious) aesthetic, the grittiness from the previous liveaction clips looks nothing like the games and more like scifi COD.
Agreed.

Fellow Gaffers, are the two Reach map packs worth the purchase? I want to get back into Reach during the summer since there isn't that much activity on Halo 3, sadly. Should I get both map packs or one in particular?

I have Anniversary too.
I say skip them. The maps are good but not great, and Halo 4 is coming out in just six months. With all the Forge maps (lol) and Anniversary maps, you'll still have plenty variety.

lol.

I had a freakout. Got shit on in two games of TU ZB Slayer. Lost it after a game on Uncaged when I killed myself multiple times with the jetpack during a DMR fest. Final score for me: two.

Whilst playing with Risen?

Not cool dude, not cool at all.

Almost as bad 'someone' booting Hydra and Krow last night, after they said they wouldn't. Almost.

As long as Halo 4 has decent, asymmetrical Objective-based (Turf, Ascension, Zanzibar, Relic, High Ground, Powerhouse) and semi-symmetrical, canyon-based (Gulch, Sidewinder, Creek, Valhalla, Avalanche) maps, I'll be a super-happy camper. I have no interest in that boobtacular arena-style stuff (except The Pit). Unless it's super asymmetrical, too, like Guardian and Lockout, but not Cage.

Actually, just keep the grey out of Matchmaking. Greylo Reach gets boring after a while.
Just give us a shinier Forge!

So, I am curious if this means no live action commercials for TV or theater play.. I really think Halo 4 could benefit from getting some ads in front of movies.

Top Bottom