• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Is Halo 4 going to have any sort of ADS?

simple-iron-sight-this.jpg

I'd love it if they would. Just makes more sense to me given the way the models hold their weapon and shoot.

Not a call of duty one, just one that stays with the times.
cop-out-nope.gif

zlatko

Banned
I'm by no means pro, or even good at all, but I've found a good technique is to shoot for the body first, then the head as the shields pop. Shooting the body does the same amount of damage as the head, but is a bigger target, so combined with bloom, should allow more bullets to hit, even when shooting faster.

Another good tip is to crouch as it tightens the bloom mechanic by a decent amount (when shooting long distance, this is almost mandatory for me). You can also try throwing in the occasional crouch mid-battle to throw a less dextrous player off. I notice a lot of the better players doing that, along with strafing, jumping and "Ghandi-hopping" (which is repeatedly tapping crouch while you jump to constantly change the location of your head).

Good stuff here. Thank you. I didn't know about that ghandi technique. You mean as I'm in the air during the jump to do it it will do that? Or as I'm about to land ?

How can you do that? Always when I see off-screen screens, I close my eyes and hope the video got shot at my room, turn to my tv and get heavily disappointed. 190Days. I'm feeling like Cartman already.

Wait a second is Chloe wearing a Scribblenauts hat/beanie?

It has a very specific point: to fellate the player.

Not saying I like it, but people today like having constant, pandering reassurance of their amazing, irreplaceable value to the world.

Halo 5 to award participation trophies to every player in the game so they don't feel bad.
Well, it's not like it's a far cry from what Halo's always done. Or Quake 3's medals, or UT's announcer and text prompts.

The thing that seems annoying with Halo 4's implementation is how it's on the center of the screen. Especially when "Headshot!" seems to be one of the categories, and headshots are a huge part of Halo's combat. Keep that thing closer to the top and it'll be pretty harmless.

Havok

Well, it's not like it's a far cry from what Halo's always done. Or Quake 3's medals, or UT's announcer and text prompts.

The thing that seems annoying with Halo 4's implementation is how it's on the center of the screen. Especially when "Headshot!" seems to be one of the categories, and headshots are a huge part of Halo's combat. Keep that thing closer to the top and it'll be pretty harmless.
Sure, it's been in the past games, I wouldn't ever say Halo has been free of that stuff (I think some of the announcer stuff has gotten a little out of hand, to be honest). The placement is what gets me. It was weird in ODST when the medals popped up by the reticule, it's weird now. It makes Reach's medals appear positively minimalist by comparison.

It just reminds me of Call of Duty 4 having a +10 appear for each kill, then Modern Warfare 2 moving to +100 (every score was multiplied by ten, so it was 7500 points to win instead of 750), just because people responded better to having larger and larger numbers appear on screen.

They're just pointless and it has no place in Halo, why adding that stupid looking text right in the middle when you can have a beautifully made medal in the to left botton of your HUD... WHAT'S THE POINT?

It better be toggable.

Tawpgun

ADS in Halo.

Some people will never understand. I think those same people have never been in a DMR duel with anyone. If I spent all day spraying my AR I might want ADS in my game also.

ADS in Halo.

Some people will never understand. I think those same people have never been in a DMR duel with anyone. If I spent all day spraying my AR I might want ADS in my game also.
Yeah, I don't get it either. I just don't know what anyone think it would possibly add to Halo.

Yay, now I move even slower, and have most of my screen covered in the weapon model and radial blur. So modern.

Does the armor have the nanobots who repair during cryo or are the nanobots on the ship? If the nanobots are on the ship, Cortana could send them in the cyro chamber to repair the suit. Glasslands mentioned it only in a short sentence and I think it was an ODST who said it, right?

Okay guys, I'm talking to robbert and bobs in the party whilst playing halo anniversary campaign.

I'm playing the level halo, and at the beginning of that level two banshees fly overhead right? well one decides to land (without being shot at), the elite gets out and starts shooting me!

Never happened to me before, 10 years on and this game still surprises me.

Wow, I didn't even conceive that the enemy AI could do that at that point in the game. Theatre would've been so nice in CEA.

That pistol looks iffy, almost like something from Duke Nukem or Red Faction.

Top Bottom