• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3b9m8nJdC1qhic1oo1_5

343 pls no[/QUOTE]

[quote="thezerofire, post: 37443168"][IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pnKObAvS3Pw/Tw4lxJeDXiI/AAAAAAAAAmc/JrKWnADRNFc/s1600/cop-out-nop[/QUOTE]

Posting images without an argument is not really speaking to the issue. It only shows closed mindedness. I'm just as hardcore as all of you here, hell, probably more so. I love no ADS, but I also like the way a shooter feels with ADS as well, and I'd like to see how a Halo weapon would perform with ADS - it has the potential to be fun.

Posting images without an argument is not really speaking to the issue. It only shows closed mindedness. I'm just as hardcore as all of you here, hell, probably more so. I love no ADS, but I also like the way a shooter feels with ADS as well, and I'd like to see how a Halo weapon would perform with ADS - it has the potential to be fun.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I just don't know what anyone think it would possibly add to Halo.

Yay, now I move even slower, and have most of my screen covered in the weapon model and radial blur. So modern.

Overdoziz

Banned
No.

Havok

You would just be handicapping yourself. Rickenslacker posted a good, succinct defense of why it should stay away from Halo, a series about mobility and visibility in combat. Removing huge portions of usable screen space by zooming in on a weapon model, adding generally terrible depth of field effects, and slowing the player down to a crawl in sacrifice of a tiny zoom doesn't help the series or move it forward.

Halo's zoom functions are about giving more clarity and visibility to the player, not less. It's about allowing the player to maintain their agility and pull off tricky maneuvers while still being precise. It's just something that ADS makes more difficult, and in many cases, impossible.

Sai-kun

Banned

I guess I'm closed minded in this case, then, because I don't think ADS would add anything at all to Halo, and it would probably actually make it less fun. Nobody (okay, I'm just speaking for myself here) enjoys having to slow down to shoot people. Plus, you pretty much give the player tunnel vision because they're gonna be looking down the sights like 95% of the time they play.

ADS slows the gameplay down and blocks off important parts of screen, destroying the fluidity and clarity Halo is based on.

It's Anti-Halo.

No thank you.

Karl2177

Because we need more reasons for Halo 4 to be Call of Halo: Space Warfare?

Portugeezer

I guess I'm closed minded in this case, then, because I don't think ADS would add anything at all to Halo, and it would probably actually make it less fun. Nobody (okay, I'm just speaking for myself here) enjoys having to slow down to shoot people. Plus, you pretty much give the player tunnel vision because they're gonna be looking down the sights like 95% of the time they play.

The slow down is worth it most of the time because you get better accuracy.

The thing I don't like about not having ADS with so many weapons (some have zoom which is good, though I am also not a fan of clicking RS to zoom but I put up with it) is that with a controller accuracy is harder, on Halo I have to have a lower sensitivity than I do in other games because I cannot get a slower more accurate aim (ADS) with many weapons.

The slow down is worth it most of the time because you get better accuracy.

The thing I don't like about not having ADS with so many weapons (some have zoom which is good, though I am also not a fan of clicking RS to zoom but I put up with it) is that with a controller accuracy is harder, on Halo I have to have a lower sensitivity than I do in other games because I cannot get a slower more accurate aim (ADS) with many weapons.
I guess the response to that is that Halo already allows you to zoom, it just does so without blocking your whole screen and slowing you down

kylej

Banned
Bigger!
9afa801897ce421108bb684cf8a7622009bf2b4a.png

I'm going to assume his daughter was responsible for Warhouse.

Tawpgun

Only ADS Halo I can get behind is a more tactical you play as UNSC soldiers/Johnson/ODST's kind of game.

Designed from the ground up as a different game with Halo in the name.

But ADS playing as Spartans and the Chief? Hell fucking no

ADS in an arena shooter just doesn't make much sense. In an arena shooter, and especially in Halo, you are utilizing movement (jumping, strafing, still headed towards a destination or escape) while engaging in combat with others. ADS would discourage that.

It works well in military shooters were you for the most part, stop moving and aim your weapon in order to shoot opponents.

I don't like that it's held with one hand. Two hands on the weapon gives it a more powerful feel.

I won't believe it!

I REFUSE!

Same. What we've heard for the pistol so far is so depressingly bad it has to be an elaborate troll or misunderstanding. 6 shot kill? Bloom? 8 bullet clip? Just scrap it already at this point lol. Who is going to use it? Of course, I'm sure the AR is going to be turned into another

FyreWulff

ADS in an arena shooter just doesn't make much sense. In an arena shooter, and especially in Halo, you are utilizing movement (jumping, strafing, still headed towards a destination or escape) while engaging in combat with others. ADS would discourage that.

It works well in military shooters were you for the most part, stop moving and aim your weapon in order to shoot opponents.

I also don't consider it a more modern mechanic in console FPS since it's basically a more immersive form of Goldeneye's aiming system (Hold L, stops you and you can aim more precisely at the cost of movement). But even Perfect Dark had leaning while in aim mode, which is something CoD still can't figure out on console last I checked (where the PC version of the CoD has lean), even though Rainbow Six 3 on OXbox had leaning.

But since Halo's an arena shooter you don't really need to cram ADS into it. I always get irritated when I play an FPS and you can just tell it's half ass ironsights are because CoD does it, even though they didn't understand WHY CoD has it.

Computron

Soooo, I came back to this model.
It's now baked down into a 8k tri model from a 2.6 million one, so this is pretty much the level of detail you will get in game.

Just put in the base texture layers to define the materials.
I think I like this color scheme more than the tan Halo 4 one.
I might do something with a white digital army camo for the lighter plastic materials.

like this:

bZT3A.png

Maybe...

When I finish, i'm probably going to slap this puppy into Halo 2 Vista in case you guys wanna use it, if I can get shaders and tags working correctly.

ibgf6qcXSMFWF1.png

ijsZi4KvXkEtj.png

irKQScdHx3t0u.png

io06Z9TG2q3Bh.png

iMUGCPQw9fXuK.png

iNme6ROuBz2So.png

343's BR:
Halo4_BattleRifle.png

Same. What we've heard for the pistol so far is so depressingly bad it has to be an elaborate troll or misunderstanding. 6 shot kill? Bloom? 8 bullet clip? Just scrap it already at this point lol. Who is going to use it? Of course, I'm sure the AR is going to be turned into another

It may not be the only pistol in the game though.

Different pistols (secondary load out), different attributes perhaps?

This is a great response. I agree with you in every aspect.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
anyone else notice a very large spike in votes for pinnacle?

in related news, i got my first ever ban from matchmaking for quitting today. <3 reach

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Pinnacle > this:
Arms3n2CQAAHKO5.jpg

nah, i'm no fan of uncaged, but pinnacle is fucking awful in reach - maybe it always was. i think even the community maps in rotation are better then it. well, maybe not eden prime.

Havok

I wish people didn't have to put up with PC gaming in order to play Halo 2.
I wouldn't correlate a crappy port of a game to a failure of a platform.

On that note, anybody who gets the game with even a modest rig needs to force Vsync at the driver level, or else you'll run into insane stuttering.

Top Bottom