• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i don't know why people are reading negativity in mig's post. i didnt pick up on that. he said it was different and after a few games he adjusted.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
i don't know why people are reading negativity in mig's post. i didnt pick up on that. he said it was different and after a few games he adjusted.

Helps if you know Mig, but yeah, that's not negative for Mig. He and Claude both spent a couple of games getting used to everything, including the universally altered control scheme. Claude also didn't have any audio feedback for his first couple of games.

Louis Wu

Mig doesn't write a lot any more, so it might be hard to put what he says in context (the context of his normal tone).

I'd agree with you; it wasn't negative. (Well, didn't seem negative to me. I suppose I shouldn't put words in his mouth. Maybe he really hated it, and he was lying to me. ;) )

CyReN

It's just *different*. Grenades bounce different. Explosion radii seems to be different.

Different to Reach I'm guessing? Which I have no issue with at all. Still it's the pre-alpha or whatnot state so there's no reason to pounce on that yet.

Good writeup.

Louis Wu

They aren't saying his impressions were negative, just finding what he said worrying
Big difference.
Sort of weird, though - I said pretty much the same thing (it felt different, at first, until I got used to it, and then it felt like home) - nobody said that was worrying.

Mig doesn't write a lot any more, so it might be hard to put what he says in context (the context of his normal tone).

I'd agree with you; it wasn't negative. (Well, didn't seem negative to me. I suppose I shouldn't put words in his mouth. Maybe he really hated it, and he was lying to me. ;) )
A wife should never lie to his husband so I heard.

Corbulo was a real Roman General, after whom the Academy is named. Led an interesting life, too.
Nah. Don't believe you and Fuchsdh.

Different to Reach I'm guessing? Which I have no issue with at all. Still it's the pre-alpha or whatnot state so there's no reason to pounce on that yet.

Good writeup.

Yeah, as much as I enjoy Reach, if things have changed, I certainly welcome them.

23erWERFWefas.jpg

Fuck... I just noticed Spartans have a mini-face on their chests. It has the mouthguard and visor and everything. I hope we can get new ones with different helmets on them.

heckfu

Banned
Community, "We hate Reach."
Mig, "Things feel different."
Community, "OMG STOP MAKING CHANGES WE WANT TO PLAY HALO. MIG IS SIGNALING THE END OF THE WORLD!11!"

That's how I'm seeing things play out here.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Fuck... I just noticed Spartans have a mini-face on their chests. It has the mouthguard and visor and everything. I hope we can get new ones with different helmets on them.

There will be a lot of armor perms for you to pick from and customize.

Overdoziz

Banned
Helps if you know Mig, but yeah, that's not negative for Mig. He and Claude both spent a couple of games getting used to everything, including the universally altered control scheme. Claude also didn't have any audio feedback for his first couple of games.
Crouch am cry

Sort of weird, though - I said pretty much the same thing (it felt different, at first, until I got used to it, and then it felt like home) - nobody said that was worrying.
The tone wasn't at all negative but it was different. Mig's felt more neutral than yours did.
Combined with a few of the specifics (he hit upon things in a way you didn't).

His impressions are fine. I threw my tantrum already. I'm saving my next one for campaign.

I wish I completely joking.

Community, "OMG STOP MAKING CHANGES WE WANT TO PLAY HALO. MIG IS SIGNALING THE END OF THE WORLD!11!"

Think of the end of the Lone Wolf Reach trailer, but instead of "Welcome to Reach" it's "Welcome to having fans".
I don't mean that as a slur against passionate fans. Mostly.

If more than reach ill be super pumped.
Hopefully you dip into the lore of the series for inspiration, id love to see noble team helmets comeback aswell as older generation chief

SPI from the GoA cover and Hayabusa returning would be sweet

Striker

Yeah, as much as I enjoy Reach, if things have changed, I certainly welcome them.
Of course things changed from Reach. No single Halo game is just like another. Since there's sprint, jetpack, camo, etc. it's definitely going to be different than your classic Halo games. Just have some hope it is properly balanced, and the maps are well designed.

Louis Wu

Is he a big Reach fan?
I don't remember how he feels about it compared to other Halo titles.

He's had a pretty bad case of carpal tunnel for the past year or more; he hasn't been playing a lot of ANYTHING recently.

(Sorry - I really can't speak for him, and he's not going to be able to answer questions here directly in the near future.)

If more than reach ill be super pumped.
Hopefully you dip into the lore of the series for inspiration, id love to see noble team helmets comeback aswell as older generation chief

SPI from the GoA cover and Hayabusa returning would be sweet

Good news, Zalin, Hydra, Robbert can be members of noble team again!

The tone wasn't at all negative but it was different. Mig's felt more neutral than yours did.
Combined with a few of the specifics (he hit upon things in a way you didn't).

His impressions are fine. I threw my tantrum already. I'm saving my next one for campaign.

I wish I completely joking.

Think of the end of the Lone Wolf Reach trailer, but instead of "Welcome to Reach" it's "Welcome to having fans".
I don't mean that as a slur against passionate fans. Mostly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNCGe4iVZhI

I lol'd.

feel

I don't remember how he feels about it compared to other Halo titles.

He's had a pretty bad case of carpal tunnel for the past year or more; he hasn't been playing a lot of ANYTHING recently.

(Sorry - I really can't speak for him, and he's not going to be able to answer questions here directly in the near future.)
Thanks. Yeah we shouldn't read too much into the tone of his impressions, not playing for a while can make everything feel odd.

I disagree, reach was pretty different and I'm sure people wouldnt mind it feeling different to that game lol.

Personally I'm worried in terms of how it plays in relation to the original trilogy, but without that clarification I can't tell if it's different to reach (good) or different to the original trilogy.

All games are going to feel different at first though I will only freak out if it's confirmed to be similar to reach

What's giving you pause about the campaign?
Well we haven't seen any of the gameplay, save what we extrapolate from MP and these CoD esc quick time interactions (jury's out), so the only thing that's giving me pause right now is the unknown.
I'm not assuming it's good or bad.

However artistically I've found some bits of 343's work so far ..questionable (both in Halo 4 and Halo Anniversary) and worry how that'll translate to everything else.

i really hope it's more like halo 3 customization as opposed to reach. i don't really care about customization to begin with, but most of reach's armor perms seemed forced and looked awful. halo 3's was much less in depth but the armor was very distinguishable imo.

Top Bottom