• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Homeboyd

Only Chateau got removed? I thought the new maps are supposed to replace old ones. Team Slayer has a ridiculous amount of Forge map as it is, that will only become worse. This also means an increased chance of getting Forge maps in Super Slayer.

If only there was a Slayer playlist without community Forge maps.
I don't know that "only" Chateau got removed. That call is ultimately up to 343. I just know about that one.

About half the objects you need to recreate it properly are missing I think. Also, you get framerate issues a lot faster on Ridgeline.
Is it possible to open up the playing field a little on Refuge? I know you guys are looking to replace Asylum across the board, but since it is now featured in TO (which is 5v5), Refuge may be a little cramped in the front of the bases with that extra player per team. If you're interested in opening it up a little, let me know.

Guys, guys, guys, guys, guys

Guys

Guys

So I found some cheap games and would like an opinion. I know they're old but I just want something different to play. I'm getting tired of what I have.

2 of these:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Portal 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Crysis 2

OR

Skyrim
?

Please note I'd rather play something with some replayability
If it's replayability you have in mind, then Skyrim, but you should really really get Portal 2. Really. GOTY 2011, easily.

Havok

Is it possible to open up the playing field a little on Refuge? I know you guys are looking to replace Asylum across the board, but since it is now featured in TO (which is 5v5), Refuge may be a little cramped in the front of the bases with that extra player per team. If you're interested in opening it up a little, let me know.
The only real solution is to convince the powers that be to return TO to its proper form. Abuse your power!

ElRenoRaven

Managed to get Halo 2 Vista up and running - hadn't installed it on my new RIG, and my god is it smoooooth. :)

Dat BR Autocannon.

Also bought myself a new toy yesterday - a shiny new LED monitor - Now I have a dual display on my PC, and use the LED for "serious face" gaming and LAN's. Good time.

Out of interest, does anyone have a link to some of the high-res Halo 4 screens that havent been watermarked by various publications? I need a new background/Win 7 theme going on.

Managed to get Halo 2 Vista up and running - hadn't installed it on my new RIG, and my god is it smoooooth. :)

Dat BR Autocannon.

Also bought myself a new toy yesterday - a shiny new LED monitor - Now I have a dual display on my PC, and use the LED for "serious face" gaming and LAN's. Good time.

Out of interest, does anyone have a link to some of the high-res Halo 4 screens that havent been watermarked by various publications? I need a new background/Win 7 theme going on.
Check http://press.xbox360.com

FyreWulff

Oh, I always forget that TO is 4 player split.

I wish it wasn't.

I wish it was dropped to 2 split myself, but apparently TO is significantly populated by 4-split boxes, same with Living Dead.

The only way to get a 2-split map in Objective gametypes at this moment is either to make a BTB objective map or have it show up in Action Sack, which are both 2-split.

Homeboyd

Computron, get to work!

H4_railgun_sm-copy-w1280.jpg

I recall her doing a lengthy interview talking about how most dev's had not been using the 360 to its potential and how there's still plenty to get out of it. As we see more and more of the game it becomes quite evident she wasn't lying.

Yeah, Epic said something similar about Gears 3.

More important, voting for president or playing Halo 4?

I think we all know the correct answer there.

Absentee ballots?

Overdoziz

Banned
I can remove a few rocks in the front of the base.

CyReN

That game of MLG was quite fun. MLG is a beautiful thing.

PS. What on earth does that powerup do??

Breakdown

Custom Powerup Traits – Duration 30 Seconds

Just as it sounds, this powerup lasts exactly 30 seconds after you pick it up.

Custom Powerup Traits – Damage Resistace 200%

This means that you take twice as much damage. Normally, it is four shots to break shield and one shot to the head. When going against the Custom user, it takes twice as many shots to break the shields (8), though it still only takes one head-shot to finish them.

It is a 5-shot against a normal player or a 9-shot against a custom user. If you miss the headshot however, they can still obsorb more damage to the body than a normal player. For instance, say player A has Custom and is 1-shot. Player B does not have custom and is also 1-shot. Player A can take 6 body shots before dying, whereas player B can only take 3 body shots.

Custom Powerup Traits – Shield Recharge Rate 50% (slower)

Contrary to what is said, this does not cut the shield recharge rate in half. It actually just adds more time before the shield starts charging. For example, Player A has custom, and player B doesn't. Both of them are brought down to one shot. Player B's shield will begin charging first. However, after Player A's shield STARTS recharging, it takes the same time for it to replenish. The lower shield recharge rate is nothing more than a delay before your shields would normally recharge.

Custom Powerup Traits – Player Speed Unchanged

This is necessary because the custom power-up gives you 120% speed by default. You have to change this to unchanged because otherwise, the custom player also gets a speed boost.

Custom Powerup Traits – Forced Color White

This is to ensure that the other team can tell when you have the power-up. You can tell when you have it by looking at your arm in the corner of your screen.

FyreWulff

Just got a new router installed. Was able to finally retire an old Linksys WRT54G from 2006(7?) or so for a new Cisco N-capable router... went from 3MB/down 1mb/up over wireless to this on wireless.

1928751050.png

This calls for celebratory Halo tonight for me.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
what are all the new forgeworld maps? not a fan of midas after 1 game but i just played another that had an interesting layout that seemed quite good...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
1928757693.png

On Wifi.

Not bad, but since it was recently installed it hasn't settled. I'd expect both of those numbers to rise significantly.

:D

No longer connection speed poor!

Just got a new router installed. Was able to finally retire an old Linksys WRT54G from 2006(7?) or so for a new Cisco N-capable router... went from 3MB/down 1mb/up over wireless to this on wireless.

1928751050.png

This calls for celebratory Halo tonight for me.

Awesome stuff.

I found my results interesting compared to yours. Somehow, mine is Grade A whilst yours is Grade B. Ping makes that much of a difference? Who knew? :p

Quick networking question: Does having other wireless devices turned on affect the result of the speedtest? Is the test only focusing on the speed my laptop is getting?

Top Bottom