• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Your bio. Link that shit.

Just the classic 343 line.

More or less. Technically, this installation's pulse has a maximum effective radius of up to 25,000 light years. But, once others follow suit, this galaxy will be quite devoid of life. Or, at least any life with sufficient biomass to sustain the Flood. But you already knew that. I mean... how couldn't you?

What makes it though, is the how couldn't you part slowly scrolls up when you're reading it on the Xbox.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just the classic 343 line.

More or less. Technically, this installation's pulse has a maximum effective radius of up to 25,000 light years. But, once others follow suit, this galaxy will be quite devoid of life. Or, at least any life with sufficient biomass to sustain the Flood. But you already knew that. I mean... how couldn't you?

What makes it though, is the how couldn't you part slowly scrolls up when you're reading it on the Xbox.
Nice.

GhaleonEB

Correct on the first part, but after 4/5 days you kind went back on that and did you say you grew to like it.

For me, the goggles were on for a while, really until we got the final product and for a while afterwards.

I went back and forth big time on the Beta; I really hated it at first, part of which was because of how jarring it was to go from Halo 3 to Reach. Once I was acclimated, I grew more positive. As time went on I was able to evaluate Reach more on its own terms - and my opinion actually dropped again; at the end of it I was mixed, but disappointed. I said in my wrap up post that Reach had great potential...if the big issues I objected to got fixed (bloom, balance, vehicles, player movement). They didn't.

Well its installed but when I try to play Campaign it says insert original disc...which is in the tray. Also Live and Network are greyed out...

Well its installed but when I try to play Campaign it says insert original disc...which is in the tray. Also Live and Network are greyed out...

I had similar issues, so I grabbed an ISO of the game, as my disc appeared to be knackered.

Stuck it on a virtual drive, installed from that, used the key from my original copy and installed it. Then I grabbed the latest GFWL client and it all worked.

Could try that? (I am running Windows 8 Beta)

I had similar issues, so I grabbed an ISO of the game, as my disc appeared to be knackered.

Stuck it on a virtual drive, installed from that, used the key from my original copy and installed it. Then I grabbed the latest GFWL client and it all worked.

Could try that? (I am running Windows 8 Beta)

I had to do this too, some kind of Direct Download for it on the MS website is a must, hell just put it on the GFWL store and let me register my CD key.

IN OTHER NEWS

Iv been wicked busy the past few days anything interesting happened?

Just ordered the Mcfarlane ( i know "ew" "nerd" ect)

Carter, Jun and Kat figures to complete my noble team set.

Going to get the Unhelmeted noble team sets to make customs like the image below.

5917698812_0683e04592_z.jpg

feel

That was not a serious response. That was me making fun of his typo (which I bolded): he asked if hype levels for Reach were the same as for Reach. So I said, they were about the same. :p
Oh! My bad for missing that. lol

I just downloaded a bunch of crazy supercross tracks we could play tonight.
Where are you grabbing these from, Redlynx Picks? I need a bunch of somewhat tricky supercross tracks to play with friends that will lead to a lot of failures and laughs.

is there ever any reason to go down in power when choosing a supercross bike?
Don't think so, Scorpion all the way.

Overdoziz

Banned
Someone made Longest on High Noon...

Firewulf you see this?

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/reach-competitive-maps/138179-longest-anniversary.html

jb0ceVFzOlLyou.jpg

Classic playlist please? (if it doesn't suck, im gonna download it next time I'm on my box)
Has framedrops down the hallways the moment there's a bit of action or if there are a bunch of dead bodies laying around.
Where are you grabbing these from, Redlynx Picks? I need a bunch of somewhat tricky supercross tracks to play with friends that will lead to a lot of failures and laughs.
I grabbed them at the top rated supercross section. There are some extreme tracks in there.

Computron

Are you sure you hit "Install, don't launch"? do you have a precentage in the corner of your screen when you launch the game?

Computron

Just reposing this so It has the top page of this page and is seen by more people:

I want to play Halo 2 With GAF.

What do you all think about this?

Would you be up for this?

i2ZSoRk1OwFyQ.png

Links:

Halo 2 Amazon

Wireless Controller Adapter

What we play depends on how many people participate and what we want to play. 

Does next weekend work for everyone or should I push it forward to allow for shipping time?

Like it says, if you want to participate, PM ME. 

If your considering it, PM me so I can get an estimate of how many of you there will be.

Any suggestions? Questions, about this or Halo 2 Vista?

That's awesome! Where do you get those?

Its the Mcfarlane Figures Reach series Unhelmeted Jorge with a custom pain job on the armour and helmet from the "helmeted version" popped off and placed in his hand, I think it makes a pretty amazing result so im going to copy it.

Expect pictures of Chief + Noble team + ODST squad when i get them all.

I should invest in a decent quality camera

Are you sure you hit "Install, don't launch"? do you have a precentage in the corner of your screen when you launch the game?

Yea it says 98% loaded. It isn't going higher tho its been stuck on that. I did both install before play and play before install. Neither worked.

Computron

Yea it says 98% loaded. It isn't going higher tho its been stuck on that. I did both install before play and play before install. Neither worked.

Well, the install percentage should not show up if you install before play, retry it after rebooting. Make sure you have enough hard drive space.

blamite

Just got my wired Xbox controller, testing out H2 Vista. Controls still feel a bit weird, and my TV screws up the colors and adds some stupid overscan on HDMI. Oh well.

If anyone's on now, send an invite/FR to GANNONSMASH and I'll join up. No mic though, still need to figure out how to get that set up.

kylej

Banned
booties and I are online. stop playing bad games like Trials and start playing bad games like Reach.

send invite to jelyk if you're good we'll play together!!!

blamite

Alright, so Halo 2 just doesn't like to be played on HDMI out. It runs and plays excellent on my laptop though. I even made some progress on my Legendary campaign run: Finally goT out of the second(?) hangar on Cairo Station (the one where Malta explodes)!

This is great, all my Halo 2 nostalgia is coming back. :D

Top Bottom