• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

FyreWulff

I realise that, it's purely a "this is what I would like" - I realise it would never happen and my opinions do not represent the majority of HaloGAF, let alone Halo buyers.

However, what SHOULD happen is a map import tool. There's probably some .map issues though, right? :/

Actually, I talked about a Rock Band-style map export in this thread before (well, a previous version). It's feasible to do it, with planning. Heck, the Halo 2 Map Pack disc is just installing map files to the hard drive for Halo 2 to read.

But seeing as how they won't even do the smart thing and let Reach export the maps from the disc so that Anniversary can read them (which is feasible, based off previous Halo titles, barring Reach's content bug), I don't have much hope of them even doing disc export. They could technically cheat it by just having it be a marketplace hotlink to a download pack where the maps are "rebaked" for Halo 5/6, but then you'd probably have people bitch that those maps aren't on the same graphical level as the later games.

I'm done buying remakes though. Just please.. stop. A majority of Reach's DLC content was remakes. Let's not have that happen again. Remake packs should be free from here on out. I want the money I paid for Prisoner back.

I've gone for 3 or 4 runs with each campaign starting with Halo 3. Solo heroic, solo legendary, co-op heroic, co-op legendary. Co-op heroic can be too easy at times but its still fun.

That number would go up dramatically if we could customize our loadouts when replaying missions - and that goes for all shooters really.

That's an interesting thought. I like the idea of being able to customize campaign missions a bit, the skulls are the first step.

all i saw was people betraying each other, or jumping off maps and other stupid shit
their may have been some funny stuff that i missed, but mostly everything was moronic.

The argument can certainly be made concerning the betrayals, but I highly disagree with those clips being what is wrong with Halo. A lot of that random crap is why I still play Halo to this day after 6 games. That's exactly what is right with Halo, in my opinion.

Does anyone have a high-res copy of the NeoGAF logo? Or know where I can get one? Please send me a PM.

-------
Montage is coming along quite nicely. Final count for number of clips submitted: 156. They won't all be used, of course. Doing my best to make sure all 52 people that submitted a clip are represented without making this thing super long.

A few teases:
- I really love the intro. I think it's super classy and I hope you agree.
- No distracting After Effects crap.
- No headache-inducing editing.
- Solid Halo soundtrack. I tried sticking to Reach music only, but the OST has few montage-appropriate tracks.
- There is a good mix of gameplay. It isn't all sniper rifle multikills on Asylum, I promise.

Still can't give a firm release date yet, but hopefully sometime this week. Capturing all of the potential clips took much longer than anticipated, but I wanted to make sure I could easily pick and choose for the best mix.

The argument can certainly be made concerning the betrayals, but I highly disagree with those clips being what is wrong with Halo. A lot of that random crap is why I still play Halo to this day after 6 games. That's exactly what is right with Halo, in my opinion.

i can say that a didnt watch all of it. i just skipped around and the betraying was annoying the fuck out of me

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well most of the business in Canada is done with the US, business locating themselves near the border makes it easier to work with US businesses. In order to make money people need jobs, and most jobs are close to the border, therefore most of our population lives near the border for the sole purpose of making a comfortable amount of money.

Plus its cold as hell up here, how far North do we need to live?

It was a joke bud.

Anyone see this montage yet?

Its fricking insane.

Wow.

That's sweet, where you get it?

Does anyone have a high-res copy of the NeoGAF logo? Or know where I can get one? Please send me a PM.

-------
Montage is coming along quite nicely. Final count for number of clips submitted: 156. They won't all be used, of course. Doing my best to make sure all 52 people that submitted a clip are represented without making this thing super long.

A few teases:
- Solid Halo soundtrack. I tried sticking to Reach music only, but the OST has few montage-appropriate tracks.
- There is a good mix of gameplay. It isn't all sniper rifle multikills on Asylum, I promise.

Still can't give a firm release date yet, but hopefully sometime this week. Capturing all of the potential clips took much longer than anticipated, but I wanted to make sure I could easily pick and choose for the best mix.

Sweet bud, can't wait to see it. Thanks for puttin' in all the hard work.

Fracas

#fuckonami

-------

A few teases:

Nice! Very excited to see what HaloGAF can do.

Every time I dabble in Multiplayer, I'm reminded just how terrible it really is in this game. There's not a playlist in Reach I can have fun in, at all.

I know that feeling. Moved on from Reach a couple weeks ago

Tawpgun

-------

A few teases:

Real question is...

Ratio of Tashi Triples : Overkills

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Anyone down for Trials multiplayer in like 15 minutes hit me up. NYSTOFMIND23. Someone else is going to have to be party leader, I haven't played multiplayer yet and don't know how to set shit up.

heckfu

Banned
Anyone down for Trials multiplayer in like 15 minutes hit me up. NYSTOFMIND23. Someone else is going to have to be party leader, I haven't played multiplayer yet and don't know how to set shit up.

you're about to get some serious Heckfu in your life. I'm in.

FyreWulff

I'm up for some Trials. Also, latest version of Arrested is on my fileshare now, beta 4. Feedback is welcome.

8A13Ol.jpg

8HqiWl.jpg

0tGlQl.jpg

aRBcnl.jpg

wcydWl.jpg

Only power weapon on the map is a rocket launcher that takes 3 minutes to respawn. A weapon loop where you also have to go to the bottom of the map to resupply your DMR or NR also exists. The top is dangerous to stay in, on purpose.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Now that Microsoft is focusing on services and features for the Xbox at this year's E3, I'm hoping Halo 4's presence is MUCH bigger than I'm expecting.

And I'm expecting a lot.

zap

Now that Microsoft is focusing on services and features for the Xbox at this year's E3, I'm hoping Halo 4's presence is MUCH bigger than I'm expecting.

And I'm expecting a lot.

I'm hoping multiplayer blowout, showing some Spartan Ops, very little campaign.

I just wanted to chime in and remind everyone that a montage is a glued together series of moments that never happen repeatedly. For this reason they are allowed to be flashy and edited. Its strictly for entertainment.

I love the use of tons of angles different player views and limited HUD in the Global montage. It really gives the viewer the option to get involved and it gives them credit to let them figure out whats going on. If you're watching a Halo montage you probably don't need to be told what kill they are on constantly you can pretty much mark it up in your mind.

If you want to see no angles, HUD, and no effects just go watch JTV.

I mean think about it that Global video got me literally 32 times more pumped up than any of those Bungie-made MP videos they had in their games. The H2 one was laughable. Get one of these editors to make a MP montage for H4s idle MP preview movie.

Ramirez

Ha, awesome thread. I initially wanted to join the league when Madden 12 came out but the league was already full.

Post in the thread when the next Madden comes out, there's a waiting list, and people always eventually drop out. It's easily my favorite GAF related gaming thing...

Top Bottom