• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

feel

Thanks for the input guys! <3

Hey guys. Guys.

:-D

iszbtEsqagRDp.PNG
Damn that's awesome, I hope to go there some day.

This is hilarious. :lol

like 420xSkidxBluntz

Uncle Dave works for microsofts billing department gets option of Halo 4 Beta knows that nephew bluntz likes haloz so takes his key.

Like they said in the sparkast they run in to children every now and then on the fathers account.

When i got into the Halo 3 beta early via Bnet F&F program i was talking to a few guys who worked for some division of microsoft and they had pretty high levels so i assume they had been playing it a long time.

Concept art video and a speech about how it plays like Halo.

Apparently we are getting Spartan Ops, Campaign, and multiplayer. Spartan Ops has already been confirmed. The other two have been hinted at.

Geoff confirmed campaign. No word on multiplayer i dont think.

I'm starting to get the E3 shakes. Less than 6 days folks.

Welcome to Reach my life. Iv been hyped for the past 2 weeks getting giddy now with excitement.

Thought he confirmed Spartan Ops too.

He did.

He said MS Conference will have first real look at campaign and GTTV special later that day will have Spartan Ops gameplay (they just got back from 343i he said).

No word on multiplayer but i wouldn't be surprised if we get a ViDoc BTS very soon

Forge will most likely be something at PAX or SDCC im betting Pax with a final smaller scale blow out of a few new maps or something at SDCC

Now that I think about it I kinda wish they went ALL IN and made a Halo-CoD game. 60fps crazy shit everywhere. Fuck I would play 9v9 BTB Ground War for years, Ghosts and Warthogs included. Longswords flying across bombing dudes. Pilotable timed banshees bombing everyone through glass roofs. Turrets after a few kills. Perks everywhere. A million and one different customizable guns. Tripmines as C4. 60 fps.

Assholes going prone with Shotty at a door entrance.

Sure it wouldn't be Halo but fuck I'd play that if they just ran it up the flagpole and released something like that.

Now that I think about it I kinda wish they went ALL IN and made a Halo-CoD game. 60fps crazy shit everywhere. Fuck I would play 9v9 BTB Ground War for years, Ghosts and Warthogs included. Longswords flying across bombing dudes. Pilotable timed banshees bombing everyone through glass roofs. Turrets after a few kills. Perks everywhere. A million and one different customizable guns. Tripmines as C4. 60 fps.

Sure it wouldn't be Halo but fuck I'd play that if they just ran it up the flagpole and released something like that.

Halo+Battlefield+CoD could make a great spin off halo title.

Alright, a couple of things about Reach have been bothering me since I picked it back up again.

1) Why do I go into matchmaking and see like 75% of people muted?
2) What the hell does custom in MLG do? I can't figure it out. It's sure as hell no 3x like it was in 3.

Alright, a couple of things about Reach have been bothering me since I picked it back up again.

2) What the hell does custom in MLG do? I can't figure it out. It's sure as hell no 3x like it was in 3.

1) Playing MLG, people mute the other team a lot. Mute bans a plenty.

2) It makes you faster but a bit weaker I think.

1) They muted you, sorry bro. :(
Sounds like your playing a lot of MLG? A lot of players mute the other team so that they cant hear theyre call outs. Voice bans are a side effect of that. Which I find absolutely comical.
2) Its a Placebo.
I think it makes you faster and maybe gives you more health resistance, seems to also effect your shield recharge but makes it slower? I dont like it.

Sounds like your playing a lot of MLG? A lot of players mute the other team so that they cant hear theyre call outs. Voice bans are a side effect of that. Which I find absolutely comical.
2) Its a Placebo. I think it gives you more resistance, seems to also effect your shield recharge?
I dont like it.

You don't like anything!

1) Playing MLG, people mute the other team a lot. Mute bans a plenty.

2) It makes you faster but a bit weaker I think.

2) Its a Placebo.
I think it makes you faster and maybe gives you more health resistance, seems to also effect your shield recharge but makes it slower? I dont like it.

Yeah, I figured it had something to do with that voice ban thing, but I have no idea how that works. And yeah, lots of MLG.

I looked up the custom on their site, and apparently it gives you like 200% damage resistance or something, but I still don't get it. I still pick it up, because hey, map control, but it doesn't seem to be as important as it used to be.

If you get muted a lot, you are automatically muted for most people. It happens a lot in MLG, because for some reason people don't know about Team and Party in the voice options. Sometimes these are legitimate mute bans, but most of the time you can just unmute them if you want.

You don't like anything!

I like plenty of things. I just dont like bad things, that MLG pickup just annoys me lol, seems to leave me one shot for even longer. Not helpful.

Mister Negative, from what I understand the 200% health buff means that if people body shot you, you can take more of those shots. I wonder if it has the same effect when your shielded? If not its useless, who the hell would body shot a 1 shot player?

Custom power up gives you a geater damage resistance at the cost of slower recharging shields.

I kinda like it. Doesn't give you the stupid invincibility but just a slight edge.

It doesn't really seem to give a real advantage, just modifies base traits, both positively or negatively, the extra speed is nice, but it seems to leave you more vulnerable. Does the extra 200% buff apply to shields aswell? Because if that only applies to base health its a bit useless. Not sure if the net result is even worth picking it up for me.

HaloGaf 8 people MLG is pretty fun. Except when Elzar plays.

Overdoziz

Banned
It doesn't really seem to give a real advantage, just modifies base traits, both positively or negatively, the extra speed is nice, but it seems to leave you more vulnerable. Does the extra 200% buff apply to shields aswell? Because if that only applies to base health its a bit useless. Not sure if the net result is even worth picking it up for me.

HaloGaf 8 people MLG is pretty fun.
The damage resistance counts for both shields and health.

Overdoziz

Banned
Ah thats better than I thought then, I know I have been left without shields for what felt like eons thanks to the thing, but if it doubles my protection while I have shields its pretty good.
Few days ago I shot Robbert in the head with a rocket and he survived because of the OS. Fucked me up because I figured he'd die and I turned around already and it cost us the flag run. :/

HaloGaf 8 people MLG is pretty fun. Except when Elzar plays.

Where are they bobs? call out!

"they're on grey"

Lol.

HOW CAN YOU PLAY A FULL GAME OF TEAM SLAYER AND ONLY GET 4 KILLS GET THE FUCK OFF HALO PLS
I know that feel. I also tend to yell at randoms whether or not they or I have a mic in. Usually goes like "He's right next to you! Right next to you! Turn the fuck around! Shoot him! oh my god what the fuck!" I'm sure it's very entertaining for my roommates

Few days ago I shot Robbert in the head with a rocket and he survived because of the OS. Fucked me up because I figured he'd die and I turned around already and it cost us the flag run. :/

Robbert survived a reach rocket? Thats like bloodshotting a nuke. Fucking Dutch host.
:p

That does actually sound like a pretty awesome moment lol, must have been shocking for both of you.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I know that feel. I also tend to yell at randoms whether or not they or I have a mic in. Usually goes like "He's right next to you! Right next to you! Turn the fuck around! Shoot him! oh my god what the fuck!" I'm sure it's very entertaining for my roommates

HOW CAN YOU PLAY A FULL GAME OF TEAM SLAYER AND ONLY GET 4 KILLS GET THE FUCK OFF HALO PLS

I'll take a dude getting 4 kills over someone going -16 and getting me booted because they team kill me 5 times with no option to boot and I eventually shoot them any day.

Well dude, I mean, come on.. of course that's what he would say.

We all know Frankie to be a dirty liar, a cheat, and a thief.

;P

Fran-kee- he'll-con-ya
sorry

Ninja is playing Halo 3 right now. The BR, Carbine and especially the Beam Rifle are so great.

Woorloog

Banned
Mercenaries playlist should be called Team Bad Kids.

All randoms. ALL DAY.

I just realised i actually don't want a merc list for Halo 4... I also realised i didn't actually play the merc list in COD, parties weren't a real issue, besides, with luck you had a party on your side...

Havok

I have bad games all the time but i normal reach higher than 4 kills.

Also sorry HiredN00bs GF is asleep right next to me dont want to wake her im going to silently rage myself into oblivion
Blame skill matching, or maybe he just had a bad game. Happens to everyone.

The day I start posting in all caps about people's performance in a video game, I would welcome the same treatment. I should note that I mean that it happens to everybody sincerely (I have awful games all the damn time), I'm not just trying to be a dick.

Top Bottom