• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Woorloog

Banned
People play StarCraft 2's campaign? I had no idea

If i play SC2, i play the campaign. I cannot get in the multiplayer (i lack the required finger dexterity and micro skill to be good, i'm too competitive to be satisfied with being in bronze forever)... though i'm not even giving much try to it as it is difficult to play a fast paced RTS with sub-30 FPS and latency issues (i think i know the reason for them (the latency issues that is, hardware is the issue for FPS...) though, easily fixable if can bother).

Why is it that HaloGAF talks a lot about other games and other forms of media?
I suppose Halo OT is more about the community than the game, no?

If i play SC2, i play the campaign. I cannot get in the multiplayer (i lack the required finger dexterity and micro skill to be good, i'm too competitive to be satisfied with being in bronze forever)... though i'm not even giving much try to it as it is difficult to play a fast paced RTS with sub-30 FPS and latency issues (i think i know the reason for them (the latency issues that is, hardware is the issue for FPS...) though, easily fixable if can bother).

so that halo ... cool box art.

... I'm out of comments

Woorloog

Banned
People could talk about that kill they got a few minutes ago. Or how the enemy unfairly t-bagged them. Or something...

About 3 weeks for E3 right? Need news about Halo 4...

... I'm out of comments

Yes. Me too. I think. Cannot even think of off topic to talk about.

EDIT i didn't mean specifically now, just that it seems that HaloGAF talks a lot about other interestes in general, compared to other community threads/communities.
EDIT gotta go sleep now, once again another night spent awake... sun rises 04:38 local time today...

Not much to talk about at the moment. But when E3 is here I imagine this thread will be pretty much about only Halo for a while.

Plus messing with you guys is fun

I got an idea.

Someone start an internet petition.

For a Mercenaries playlist.

Cause randoms are bad, and then you get matched against a team of 4-5 Overdoze-sized kids.

I literally can't play Halo Reach when I get home, because everybody has signed off for the night. I can't find enjoyable games.

J10

Banned
An actually interesting character? What is this, why would anyone want that in their Haloz?
sarcasm engaged

Wat
Haven't read the book, but why would the Elites have any interest in attacking humanity after seceding from The Covenant? Which also brings up another question that I don't get, why the fuck are we fighting Elites in H4, and why are Elites fighting with Grunts, who didn't secede from The Covenant? I feel like 343/their novels have just undone the events of Halo 2.

In Glasslands,
the Elites are a fractured civilization. Some are working towards peace with humanity, some are religious zealots in flat out denial about the lie of The Great Journey and still want to wipe out the rest of humanity while we're still wounded and recovering, and some are just trying to rebuild their own society and relearn how to take care of themselves, alongside Grunts, Jackals and even some Brutes (for a very long time they all relied very heavily on the Prophets for very basic shit like farming while they concentrated on war).
There may yet be further splintered factions - it occurred to some people early on when those first gameplay screens emerged that the Elites and Grunts with missing armor pieces might be rogues/pirates, not fully equipped for warfare, but still wielding enough firepower to cause trouble. It'll be interesting to see where it all goes.

nbraun80

I got an idea.

Cause randoms are bad, and then you get matched against a team of 4-5 Overdoze-sized kids.

I literally can't play Halo Reach when I get home, because everybody has signed off for the night. I can't find enjoyable games.
I hear ya, and it usually puts the people with guests on your team against a good team.

J10

Banned
There's a great line in Glasslands where an Elite remarks on just how big of a threat humanity can be because our entire species doesn't specialize in any one thing, but we're just good enough at all things to be dangerous.

Overdoziz

Banned
I got an idea.

Squad Slayer was the closest we had to a Mercenary playlist.

Squad Slayer was the closest we had to a Mercenary playlist.

Yea but even then we shit on people with 3 guests all day. 92% win or something.

I just want one playlist where I enter alone, am matched with 7 other players who have entered alone, and trueskill attempts to evenly match those players a bit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How long do Matchmaking bans last? I quit out like 4 times today, all for good reasons but now I'm sitting here waiting for this shit to be over

Fuchsdh

How long do Matchmaking bans last? I quit out like 4 times today, all for good reasons but now I'm sitting here waiting for this shit to be over

Anyone else never get notified they're on probation until after they quit? I ended up leaving a bunch of Anniv. BTB games because Dani only likes playing Ridgeline and the next three times I booted up the game it kept on pinging me about quitting too many games.

Homeboyd

580359896.jpg

Source

I got an idea.

Playlist consolidation.
Bring back Squad Slayer.
Mercenary Slayer.

Is that really asking too much?

Fuchsdh

That isnt even a slim though.

I know, was just curious.

It's kind of odd to look back at the c. 2005 world of Xboxes--it really does feel like a completely different world aesthetically. I really enjoy the soundscape of the menu system, especially the avatar editor, precisely for its throwback feel.

(And I hate the PS3 for its pretentious orchestra warm-up. It makes the system's failings seem suckier somehow.)

(And I hate the PS3 for its pretentious orchestra warm-up. It makes the system's failings seem suckier somehow.)

I still remember the first time I booted up the PS3. I heard that sound and thought "oh my, I'm going to the videogame equivalent of the opera. I can't wait to experience the refinement of this wonderful system".

It ended in disappointment.

I like the implications from a gameplay standpoint, having a familar set of enemies (Grunts, Jackals, Elites) be the enemies on the first level, as they invade FUD. That means we'll get to adjust to the updated weapons and abilities against something we know how to fight. I assume we crash on Requiem at the end of the first level at which point new enemies enter the mix. Could set up some interesting situations, with the Covenant splinter group roaming Requiem along with the Chief; images of three-way battles swimming in my head.

Not sure how they'll handle it from a fiction standpoint, I assume they're a heretic faction continuing the Covenant, or something. Religious zealots won't all shift gears at once, and they can rationalize it as being some sort of splinter group.

Yeah, fictionally fighting what basically is a remnant of the covenant makes sense.. while they shouldn't be a huge wide spread threat to humanity, small renegade groups make sense. I just hope the game doesn't spend too much time throwing predictable foes at us.

Also, I wonder if friendly covies will show up as well.. it would provide interesting dynamics seeing both sides going at it. All I know is the Arbiter better show up in Halo 4 in one way or another.

At Forward Unto Dawn set and locations this afternoon. I want a Hog.
I was not at Forward Unto Dawn set and locations this afternoon. I still want a Hog.

Top Bottom