• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

For the collectors here:

if5d0.jpg

While its not anything we don't know about, I still thought it was pretty awesome looking. Source.

You got a game of it recently?! My luck has been less than stellar in that area.

I rarely play Action Sack, but I hopped in there for a couple games today and got a BOOM ball game.

I wish they would do a weekend playlist with stuff like BOOM ball, like those playlists in Halo 3.

I'm glad 343i separated the collectors stuff like that and put awesome in game stuff in the H4 limited edition.

and nothing is ever free:)

Well, tbh, these are just 6-inch figures.. I really hope they announce a higher quality line of Halo 4 collectables soon, I would love for something like the Weta statues from Halo 3.

yhst-51568362379717_2212_609388387.jpg

Hmm...weird silhouettes.

Oh, good catch, at first glance I thought they were just MC.. Im not sure if they even match up with the Spartan IV from series 1, and we know the other 2 are an elite and a grunt. Hm.

Arnie

Would certainly be a shocking twist if the Chief died in Halo 4 and his death inspired one of the Spartan IVs on the Infinity to become his successor.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Gazzawa

Would certainly be a shocking twist if the Chief died in Halo 4 and his death inspired one of the Spartan IVs on the Infinity to become his successor.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Master Chief's name comes from his rank right?
We could see other Spartans with high rankings or even higher if thats even possible.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey HaloGAF, I got a purple 3DS today, and I want to get some people on my friends list! I probably won't be playing many multiplayer games on here, but I want to see how the friends list works. My friend code (lol -- so archaic) is 3265-6102-4255. PM me with yours, I guess?

wwm0nkey

Hey HaloGAF, I got a purple 3DS today, and I want to get some people on my friends list! I probably won't be playing many multiplayer games on here, but I want to see how the friends list works. My friend code (lol -- so archaic) is 3265-6102-4255. PM me with yours, I guess?

What games do you have? If you have Mario Kart or Kid Icarus, it is on!

(Will be getting Mario Tennis: Open soon)

FL1Psyde

Neo Member
This is not the first time I've heard this, and it really baffles me. The H3 Sniper felt like a surgeon's weapon to me, and in Reach it feels like my bullet can miss someone completely yet land a headshot, or blast them in the face and not register at all. Could be something with connections since I always had a great connection in H3, idk.

this is how i feel exactly, the Reach sniper is the reason i don't play reach all that often, seems like ANYBODY can hit no scopes and i dont want that in my halo, its supposed to be a precision weapon and its a shoot anywhere get headshot weapon imo

daedalius

For the collectors here:

if5d0.jpg

While its not anything we don't know about, I still thought it was pretty awesome looking. Source.

Will buy for shelf.

Is he the same size as the noble figures from the collectors statue? Would look way better than my old H3 MC sitting on top of the rock, since he is TINY compared to the Reach figures.

Also, wtf Reach sniper; I can't hit shit with that thing, but I can hit people all the time with the h3 sniper.

hey errybody, new OXM stuff (posted on Waypoint not sure if true...)

know there have been plenty of confused forum-goers such as myself lurking around to find any scrap of new info they could find- and after seeing that Black Ops 2 magazine cover with the a little badge in the corner reading "OMG! HALO 4 NEW MAPS NEW VILLIANS NEW HERO?!" I'm sure plenty of people were wondering why they haven't found any info on it yet. So here you go guys- there's not much to see here, as it is mostly the same stuff from the UK version of the magazine. But I DID find some things interesting.

#1- 343 industries actually has been taking elements of chief's new design directly from the book The Fall of Reach comic.

#2- They listed a few weapons they played with- the Assault Carbine, DMG (yes, they said DMG. I laughed, as it is probably just the DMR and the author made a typo), Plasma Pistol, Magnum, and Battle Rifle. Weird that they didn't mention the Assault Rifle.

#3- "The Jetpack is once again available FOR BOOSTED JUMPS" - yes that is what they said. It struck hope in my heart, maybe the jetpack is now a jump pack like most of us have been hoping for.

#4- Officially stated that Kenneth Scott wanted to make the grunts more viscious and scary ( A justification to their lack of methane mask)

So that's it. Nothing too new, but I found the way the jetpack was described to be interesting. Don't get your hopes up though! We'll all see in 2 weeks at E3.

This is not the first time I've heard this, and it really baffles me. The H3 Sniper felt like a surgeon's weapon to me, and in Reach it feels like my bullet can miss someone completely yet land a headshot, or blast them in the face and not register at all. Could be something with connections since I always had a great connection in H3, idk.
There are a couple of things that have me agreeing that H3's sniper felt off. The hitscan nature of Reach's is a big contributor to this, but another thing is that aiming in general in 3 felt off. Be it the acceleration or whatever else, it felt like there was a deadzone in the minute movement that makes it harder to fluidly aim. Another thing is it feels like there's a bias towards straight vertical and horizontal aiming, going diagonally is awkward.

neoism

yep defintely a fan of reachs sniper... I hated it in halo 3...

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm curious how many of you who feel Sniping is easier in Reach, are you the same camp that thinks sticking is easier in Reach?

Homeboyd

I don't remember how easy it was to stick people in halo 3 (I haven't played it in so long because my discs are scratched) but I got 24 sticks in a game the other day in Reach (in a game to 50 too). It seems really easy to me in Reach.

Top Bottom