• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

I really hope not. Pro players should be missing shots because they're playing against other pro players; movement and evasion is a skill as well.

So let me get this straight.

You're simultaneously complaining about kill times and weapon accuracy at the same time you're saying that they should be missing shots because of movement and evasion because they are pro players?

/mindblown

Spawnling

Okay I'm still seeing this "Fury" and "Demon" when these matches go on. Are players able to name their own team? Perhaps some sort of clan implementation?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay I'm still seeing this "Fury" and "Demon" when these matches go on. Are players able to name their own team? Perhaps some sort of clan implementation?

As of now, people are thinking that's the replacement for Red and Blue.

No clarification has been given though
par for the course

BigShow36

So let me get this straight.

You're simultaneously complaining about kill times and weapon accuracy at the same time you're saying that they should be missing shots because of movement and evasion because they are pro players?

/mindblown

They aren't missing enough for my taste; this is a brand new game with a new feel, there should be a learning curve.

That doesn't mean the max kill times can't still be way too slow.

I'd like to see the max kill time bumped up while the average kill time stays the same or goes even higher.

Fuchsdh

haha what does this mean? I've seen you post it multiple times now.

Son, don't you recognize Jurassic Park?

I imagine in this context it means rumblings of a shitstorm in the distance...

Anyone going to see JP when it hits theaters for the 20th anniversary next year? I'm really interested in seeing how the CG looks in 2 or 4K. The animation is still exceptional--Terra Nova couldn't touch it.

daedalius

They aren't missing enough for my taste; this is a brand new game with a new feel, there should be a learning curve.

That doesn't mean the max kill times can't still be way too low.

I'd like to see the max kill time bumped up while the average kill time stays the same or goes even higher.

Not to be pedantic, but I think you minimum kill time, because you'd obviously want it to be the shortest amount of time.

but yes, this is agreeable; most of the kills in the video are what I'd assume would be 'average'. Of course, these are pros that are good at making use of available cover as well; you'd(and juices of course) would be pooping on BKs really quickly I'd imagine, and getting a min-kill time 5sk (or 4sk, whatever it turns out to be).

Anyone going to see JP when it hits theaters for the 20th anniversary next year? I'm really interested in seeing how the CG looks in 2 or 4K. The animation is still exceptional--Terra Nova couldn't touch it.

Nope, I've never seen it...

Im worried about promethean vision, in the video im watching right now the dude is able to dominate people because he can turn it on and knows where to run, it does not seem like it gives any sort of indication to people that you have been spotted and that was confirmed by the 343 dude. Apparently the visual cue will be a light coming out of the visor? That wont be enough if people abuse it by hiding behind walls with it.
Frankie has already said that there will be a sound to accompany the visual queue that you're being pinged.

It almost seemed like a hindrance in the video to fight with it on. Kind of like Batman AA and the Batvision.
I actually preferred to fight with Batvision on, especially when I was in a supremely dark area. Promethean Vision looks to be extremely powerful; I can already see how annoying this is going to be in the hands of the asshats who love to hide on maps.

Fracas

#fuckonami
That grenade launcher thing is a terrible replacement for the propipe. Ugh.

RIP propipe.

I agree. I felt the GL was one of the best additions to Halo's sandbox (even though I suck hard with it). Anyone could use it with moderate success, but in capable hands, it turned really deadly.

That new thing looks like a cheapened version of it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
That grenade launcher thing is a terrible replacement for the propipe. Ugh.

RIP propipe.

I would not know as I have yet to use the new launcher. It could be better one we get the hang of it. I feel as if the pro pipe in Reach is only loved by HaloGaf for some odd reason, I enjoy using it but would rather have 2 plasma nades instead.

Tawpgun

It's effectively a defense weapon. You set it up and wait. Boring gameplay imo.

If you can like, attach it to vehicles/players and use it as a car bomb almost, might be cool.... but still...

Bring pro pipes back.

It's effectively a defense weapon. You set it up and wait. Boring gameplay imo.
Thats my problem with it. Seems more like a weapon thats fun to use in campaign or against AI but not so fun against players in an arena.

Just seems cheap on both ends, the person using it and the person who gets killed by it.

kylej

Banned
I agree. I felt the GL was one of the best additions to Halo's sandbox (even though I suck hard with it). Anyone could use it with moderate success, but in capable hands, it turned really deadly.

That new thing looks like a cheapened version of it.

I don't really see what the new thing does that throwing a frag doesn't do. I aim this new launcher in a direction, the grenade shoots off, and after a certain amount of time it explodes. That's it. Boring.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't really see what the new thing does that throwing a frag doesn't do. I aim this new launcher in a direction, the grenade shoots off, and after a certain amount of time it explodes. That's it. Boring.

It's easier to use. No more "I suck with this weapon, not gonna use it". That's pretty much the only reason I can think of.

Now it's a point-and shoot free kill machine.
Really hope it's not in objective games.

I just dont get why the ordnance drop icon stays at the top of the screen considering how well designed everything else seems I just dont get it. That is going to be one of the more annoying things if people want to be smart about when they call in theyre drop but dont want such prime estate on the screen being filled.

After a few seconds it should shrink in size and sit just above the scores, that would be a lot nicer.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

You can remote trigger it.

It seems similar to the pro pipe, without the simultaneous explosion.

Who knows, pro pipe could be in too.

It's easier to use. No more "I suck with this weapon, not gonna use it". That's pretty much the only reason I can think of.

I didn't quite see it as a free kill machine. A player practically has to run over it. Unless you shoot at their head and detonate, but then that would be exactly the pro pipe...

Ill be there and I can't wait. Huge JP fan.

Nope, I've never seen it...

Go buy it or rent it on Blu-Ray now.

I sense a Halo version of the COD noob tube here. Add in some perks to make it extra effective and kit out at least half your team with this.

kylej

Banned
Oh and like juices said, what the hell is up with OS? That one kid picked it up, got shot in the face a bunch of times and it barely make a dent in his shields. Bizarre.

When you get hit by a distance weapon and you lose some of your shields, it sounds like someone farting in a hot tub.

BigShow36

Looks like it's pretty hard to hit with, though.
also it seems like it's similar to the Black Ops explosive crossbow

That's because you have players trying to get a feel for the game, running around and just having fun with the weapons. Wait till actual matchmaking where you have kids who are happy to sit in one corner all match with a sticky bomb right in a doorway or on the flag.

I wonder how long you can keep a Sticky before it blows up, or how far your range is you can move out and still remotely detonate it. Can you switch weapons while it's still on the ground? Can a place on mine on the flag and wait for easy kills?

So many questions.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I wonder how long you can keep a Sticky before it blows up, or how far your range is you can move out and still remotely detonate it. Can you switch weapons while it's still on the ground? Can a place on mine on the flag and wait for easy kills?

So many questions.

If that's something you can do...ugh.

That's because you have players trying to get a feel for the game, running around and just having fun with the weapons. Wait till actual matchmaking where you have kids who are happy to sit in one corner all match with a sticky bomb right in a doorway or on the flag.

Yeah, I have a feeling that it can get really annoying. People are going to stick those things all over objectives.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
How long can you hold the pro pipe nade in Reach before detonation? I don't see this new gun as all that different except for the EMP effect. This gun you shoot, pull trigger again to explode. Pro Pipe you shoot, hold trigger, let go to explode.

I'm wondering about it's time limit though.

Wouldn't it blow up though? It can only sit for a few seconds before it time-detonates, so you couldn't just fill the flag area with 5 of them and wait. Right?

Oh and like juices said, what the hell is up with OS? That one kid picked it up, got shot in the face a bunch of times and it barely make a dent in his shields. Bizarre.

When you get hit by a distance weapon and you lose some of your shields, it sounds like someone farting in a hot tub.

Looked like a few seconds of invincibility after pickup, though I saw someone pick it up while getting shot and it just burnt OS.

TheOddOne

ibv96iXb7HSTrx.gif

More here.

It's a good thing your can hear it beeping from a ways away, isn't it?

I hope the Missile Pistol and Pro Pipe can coexist in Halo 4. They may be similar, but ultimately they seem to play out way differently. Anyways, I wish the MLG guys would experiment with the weapons a bit more, but I do get that they barely had any time to adjust to the game/maps/weapons.

Im curious how many weapons we haven't seen yet..everything feels so familiar, I still hope there is more new than old.

Vire

I hope the Missile Pistol and Pro Pipe can coexist in Halo 4. They may be similar, but ultimately they seem to play out way differently. Anyways, I wish the MLG guys would experiment with the weapons a bit more, but I do get that they barely had any time to adjust to the game/maps/weapons.

Im curious how many weapons we haven't seen yet..everything feels so familiar, I still hope there is more new than old.

MLG Players only using BR? What a surprise!

kylej

Banned
Looked like a few seconds of invincibility after pickup, though I saw someone pick it up while getting shot and it just burnt OS.

No way.

Go to 2:55 in this video

http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/89547-halo-4-exclusive-look-hoaxer-on-adrift

Guy picks up OS, his shields get double charged, then after he has complete OS charge he gets hit by a nade - no damage. By the time the enemy starts shooting him, its been 10 seconds since pickup and he's still invincible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom