• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Hmm. Frankly, from what i remember of Contaiment, Bungie's solution was probaly better... but my Halo 2 experience in Live is rather limited, so can't be sure.

Halo 2 was kind of a mess in general. I don't think we'll ever know what Halo 2, fully realized, would have been like.

For example, they made Containment and the Banshees were on by default.. there's entire components of the map designed around balancing and gating the banshee.

And then someone left a gigantic hole in the map's invisible player walls that you could literally fly a banshee into and out of the map, so they had to turn of the banshee on Containment.

Gray Man

Banned

227839420.gif

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 2 was kind of a mess in general. I don't think we'll ever know what Halo 2, fully realized, would have been like.

For example, they made Containment and the Banshees were on by default.. there's entire components of the map designed around balancing and gating the banshee.

And then someone left a gigantic hole in the map's invisible player walls that you could literally fly a banshee into and out of the map, so they had to turn of the banshee on Containment.

Ah, yes, that glitch. I remember it was fun doing that in local splitscreen... we never figured out any applications for that though.

Nothing beats Tank Flipping in Coagulation though.

Striker

I would totally disown that map if I didn't like the alarm that goes off when the ramp goes down
As much as I didn't like it versus Coag or Waterworks, I'd still take it over any BTB we've gotten since. No middle hill dominance, no middle structure BS with terrible weapon/item placement, no Forge, none of that.

Carrying the flag is just one small piece of CTF, though. Will we have flag contesting? Will there be a small timer bar above the flag, for instance:

Is Sudden Death going to be a major turd in the toilet, again?

The guy with the oddball initially had out his pistol, sprinted, and then pulled out the oddball to assassinate, it appeared. Dunno how I feel about that if that's exactly what I saw.

Vire

Is there a specific reason why they turn into fairy dust after being assassinated?

Isn't the multiplayer supposed to fit into the story canon? Doesn't really make a lot of sense.

FyreWulff

Ah, yes, that glitch. I remember it was fun doing that in local splitscreen... we never figured out any applications for that though.

Nothing beats Tank Flipping in Coagulation though.

For matchmaking it would have been put flag carrier on banshee -> Airlift them through the hole and off the map, get free kills because the other team can't cap your flag for rest of the game.

Same reason the banshee was taken off Headlong. I'd just like to see a Halo 2 where nobody could escape the maps. That was the big change from H2 to H3, you actually played the game now instead of a race to the skybox.

TCKaos

They also at one point, removed 1 flag and 1 bomb from Relic in matchmaking.
Which was perplexing since the map was entirely designed around those two gametypes

When the fuck did that happen? That's... absurd. I loved those gametypes, specifically because the map was designed for those gametypes.

Woorloog

Banned
Same reason the banshee was taken off Headlong. I'd just like to see a Halo 2 where nobody could escape the maps. That was the big change from H2 to H3, you actually played the game now instead of a race to the skybox.

Too bad they had to do this for the campaign too, escaping the campaign levels was so much fun.

replaying Reach single player for the first time since i beat it in 2010, also playing on a brand new tv, and im seeing a lot more motion blur then i remember. Is there a lot of motion blur in Reach or could it be a possible tv issue?

Tawpgun

Tossing the oddball like that is cool as fuck. With one problem. When you're about to die with the oddball you can just throw it away. Not sure how to fix that...

One more thing. Obviously we're not going to be hurling flags like that, but it'd be nice if 343 let us throw them again. Halo 2 style.

Tossing the oddball like that is cool as fuck. With one problem. When you're about to die with the oddball you can just throw it away. Not sure how to fix that...

One more thing. Obviously we're not going to be hurling flags like that, but it'd be nice if 343 let us throw them again. Halo 2 style.

Playball 2.0.

Akai__

Or what about throwing it to a guy which is in a gunfight. Ultimate trolling...

TCKaos

Well, couldn't they just make the throw different for the flag? You do only have one hand to throw it with. 343 could just make flag juggling an actual thing.

FyreWulff

When the fuck did that happen? That's... absurd. I loved those gametypes, specifically because the map was designed for those gametypes.

It was one of the updates in 2007 I believe. It made sense to exactly nobody at the time.

edit: here's a post on HBO with me griping about it. I'm going to assume that was a link to an update thread on Optimatch though, which is going to make it unreachable :(

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive26.pl?read=783233

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom