• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Hyper! Now that I have that scratched off my halogaf bucket list it's time to get Wu a twitter.

werwequvt.gif

I am still dreaming? It's 1:48am here. I cannot believe that. No seriously. I cannot believe it. It is too surreal. They played with my heart for so long. Too much. At the Sparkast, here.

Holy fuck what a great day...

in other news.. anyone who has followed MLG for a while..

Mackeo is back haha, I wonder if he still has his crazy facial twitches while gaming.

I am still dreaming? It's 1:48am here. I cannot believe that. No seriously. I cannot believe it. It is too surreal. They played with my heart for so long. Too much. At the Sparkast, here.

Happy for you dude!

Akai__

Congrats Hyper. You just proved that you have to fight for your dreams to acomplish them.

Edit: You will have to shoot a picture.

---

Watched the fiction panel. Some pretty good questions, except the one which asked about dual wielding.

And I don't undertand why you would ask about Terminals in Halo 4, such a bad question.
I'm joking and you know it. :p

The 1st Panel got me really hyped.

CyReN

WTF? I hope classic flag is still available with flag running...

My guess is you must have a pistol out to do it, and if you have something like a DMR you run it like normal. Now if the pistol is out do you go slower? That's what I'm curious about along with, what if you have a needler does it run the flag out like the pistol etc.

Tex tweeted: Mode specific assassinations. "We can tear people the fuck up with the flag and oddball. Probably more"

Sounds nasty. I like it.

Didn't Frankie say there was one remake in the shipping maps? I could've sworn he said that.

Yep. Makes me think if it's already developed but there's no remakes for shipping then they're literally holding back content that could launch on the disc. I mean it's probably industry standard by now but still, it's kinda unseemly.

this does make alot of sense. last time i looked at objective in reach (a while) it had less than 800 on a saturday afternoon.

Is it any surprise when the playlist plays host to broiled effluence such as Oddball on Swordbase and Stockpile? Flag and Bomb are the only really solid obj types in Halo for a mainstream mm population.

Frankie's responses to the questions were pure gold.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yep. Makes me think if it's already developed but there's no remakes for shipping then they're literally holding back content that could launch on the disc. I mean it's probably industry standard by now but still, it's kinda unseemly.

Absolutely not.

Tawpgun

Hypertrooper gets hoodie.

End of an era.

In retrospect I regret not hanging out with bsangel and the rest of the Halo community guys at PAX East. Next Year. Bring something nice to PAX East, 343. Map pack or something.

Blueblur1

The new details from the panel sound cool. Mode specific assassinations are a nice touch but they're not a big deal, IMO. If oddball passing is indeed in that would be a nice and elegant alternative to just dropping it for another player to pick up (and possibly lose track of it). The flag/pistol wielding sounds harmless to me. I really miss playing objective games in Halo that aren't just some other form of Slayer so I welcome any changes 343 wants to make. Hopefully more people will player objective playlists in Halo 4 because of the changes.

Havok

Seems like I picked a bad weekend to be browsing solely from a phone.

Flag runners having a weapon is a little weird, but I think my opinion on the matter is gonna be very dependent on objective item melee strength and carrier speed. If it means that flag carriers don't have mini-swords anymore, I can probably live with it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Flag + pistol is hopefully optional. I really hope they don't try to pass that off in the "classic" Halo playlists.

I'd bet it is. I'm interested in it though, it will bring a new dynamic to CTF and shake things up a bit, but not too much. It'll give the carrier a way to defend himself which is nice.

Woorloog

Banned
The flag/pistol wielding sounds harmless to me. I really miss playing objective games in Halo that aren't just some other form of Halo so I welcome any changes 343 wants to make. Hopefully more people will player objective playlists in Halo 4 because of the changes.

Yeah, me too.
I just hope the playlist management works this time...
No inappropiate map/mode combos. No stupid modes. No waiting half a year for a small fix.

Gray Man

Banned
I'd bet it is. I'm interested in it though, it will bring a new dynamic to CTF and shake things up a bit, but not too much. It'll give the carrier a way to defend himself which is nice.

I feel like the advantage here is more when you are running the flag alone, rather than with your team, you won't be looking backwards when your team is defending you.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Flag pistol is about feeling a shade less helpless. In reality it won't be a good idea to engage, even in a team situation but you'll feel more empowered for the run.

Vire

Grats!

That's super cool of them to do. 343 seems to be carrying over the caring about the community mantle quite well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

The inch by inch flag crawl is infinitely more fun than flag carriers that run as fast as everyone and can shoot stuff

CTF in Halo 2 is the benchmark... Basically CTF perfection

Halo 3 and reach were good, not great CTF games

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
3 minute rounds on 1 flag CTF containment.jpg

I would totally disown that map if I didn't like the alarm that goes off when the ramp goes down

Midship, coagulation, lockout, Zanzibar, colossus (even for it's bouncing fails), terminal and that map with the treadmills all had CTF that played beautifully

Gray Man

Banned
Flag pistol is about feeling a shade less helpless. In reality it won't be a good idea to engage, even in a team situation but you'll feel more empowered for the run.

this will be nice to feel as a flag runner.

This is just something I'm curious about... Have you changed the design of the flags at all? I miss the halo 3 flags!

300px-Flag_Header.jpg

vs the reach flag

reach799medium.jpg

The Halo 3 flags were classy.

Honestly, I'm hopeful for the Flag Pistol mechanic. It might speed up CTF, letting you pull when there's 2 down instead of waiting for teams to be 3 down or 4 down 98% of the time. It might change things to be more of a battle out of the base instead of "welp they're dead time to get it over to our half before they even spawn."

FyreWulff

That sounds... well, impossible really. IIRC, Contaiment was damn large map. Plus that wall.
Don't remember the where the flag was on the map though.

It pretty much was. You basically spent most of the time getting to the flag, and unless you basically capped it straight off it wasn't happening.

Bungie's fix was to just delete the gametype instead of increasing the round time limit. They also at one point, removed 1 flag and 1 bomb from Relic in matchmaking.
Which was perplexing since the map was entirely designed around those two gametypes

Woorloog

Banned
It pretty much was. You basically spent most of the time getting to the flag, and unless you basically capped it straight off it wasn't happening.

Bungie's fix was to just delete the gametype instead of increasing the round time limit. They also at one point, removed 1 flag and 1 bomb from Relic in matchmaking.
Which was perplexing since the map was entirely designed around those two gametypes

Hmm. Frankly, from what i remember of Contaiment, Bungie's solution was probaly better... but my Halo 2 experience in Live is rather limited, so can't be sure.
EDIT you edited, i edited my quote... Hmm. Sounds like the MM management has always been... hmm, can't think of a suitable word.
The Halo 3 flags were classy.

Indeed. Reach flags are horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom